• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
Well colonesalt man,Play through the Rocket Chapter on Ultra Sun/Moon and have to say that I am quite pleased with the return of our dear Giovanni(perphaps a little forced with this travel through universes and stuff) and missed the real Rocket admins a lot.The idea of putting the other Team Leaders on a TR with a Rainbow?That was damn bad fan service.

But Giovanni back to the main series is worth all.I would like that Madam Boss(Team Rocket's founder) to make an apparition on the Canon Saga and on your game you know that,but I am only a dreamer...
The Team Rocket Lore and background are combined perfectly on your game please follow that line that Game Freak has forgotten a long time ago.

So the main question here,Are any updates near?
Don't be greedy with your advances and give something to the fans ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 4, 2018
This is such a good hack! I literally created this account because I couldn't NOT express my appreciation. It's rare to find actually decent writing in a romhack...This one is amazing! The dialogue is so natural. A lot of romhacks try for "funny" dialogue that just winds up sounding really cringe. Not this one. Even the other nameless grunts have a lot of personality, but they all sound realistic as well. Like, I could see these lines being spoken by actual people, but they still manage to fit into the admittedly camp world of Pokemon? I don't even know how you managed that, but I love it.

Literally my only gripe is not being able to choose your gender. But considering it's still in Beta, I'm not at all bothered. I hope you'll let us choose a girl grunt eventually though.

So for anyone considering giving this hack a try...10/10 A++ WOULD RECOMMEND

EDIT: Okay, so I'm playing through it again, and out of curiosity I ground for 3,000 years in Mt Moon before facing Red. Finally beat the little bastard. A+ reaction there. I was afraid I'd break the game, but you properly rewarded me for trying.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
First off, just gotta say I'm really enjoying this so far.

Second, while it wasn't a deal-breaker for me, I must admit that I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't play as a female grunt. So I gotta ask; any plans on adding that in the future?

If there's a reason you decided to only make a guy playable, it's cool. Just wondering, is all. Beyond that, keep up the good work.

Caecae97

Son of Mewtwo
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
This game is absolutely awesome. I love the dialogue that ensues when you actually defeat Red at Mt. Moon. I used cheats to do it, and it was hilarious. I can't wait for the next update. 1 suggestion, if this hasn't been implemented yet, if you're not planning to use the Sevii Islands, which I hope you are planning to use, but if by some chance you're not, maybe put the Move Reminder in Fuchsia with the Move Deleter

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
Years
HO HO HO HO
A little Christmasy Rocket Edition update incoming.

The next Rocket Edition release, which completes the game's main storyline is in the works, rest assured. If you've found the story intriguing so far, I can't express how excited I am to share what's coming up with you. Screens, as always, remain as spoiler-free as possible...

KL7xZ2w.png
pLjpk3m.png
f7M1rBF.png

Between studies and internship hunts, progress doesn't quite go in the leaps and bounds it does when I'm on extended break, but I always make time to keep it moving forward. No release within the next couple of months, but I'll be a bit more diligent with some teaser screens now and again, promise.

In the meanwhile... make sure to vote for Rocket Edition for Hack of the Year!

If you enjoyed playing the game, this is one of the very best ways you can show your appreciation and support it going forward. Really appreciate your vote!

Was really awed to find the game had been nominated. My deepest thanks to all who submitted nominations!
This hack is amazing, i had a great time playing it. Good job on making it ;D
Waiting for the final version :D
I made an account here just to comment. This hack is amazing! One of the best pokemon games Ive played. It "answers" or makes up alot of things that arent in pokemon red or fire red. I think the theories used are really good and the story is very in depth. Its clear that you spent alot of time thinking and working on this and it payed off. If you had a gofundme account to make the next beta come out sooner I would definatelly contribute.
[...]
I love this game, i can't wait for the next beta!!!
The last minutes of the game are amazing
Can't wait for the next update loved this game you guys did a amazingl job can't wait I'll be checking daily
Sadly, forum rules forbid me to post image of my newly captured team member even when I'm member of this community for 9 years (but sadly lost my account due to my stupidity), so I'm just gonna say that after years of waiting, somebody finally gave life to the popular rumor and for that, I like this game even more.
[...]
Anyway, I'm following this hack since its beginning and I'm already hyped for next release. This hack just gets better and better. Good job, mister colonelsalt.
Cool Roms!
Playing as Team rocket and discover many great things that we never know before. And I really like the fiture of stealing other trainer pokemon,and it's difficulty of money.
Great job and I"ll wait for the nect beta.
you ever smoke a blunt and be like wow, im making one of the best kanto rom hacks of all time
That's actually the only rom hack I've played all way until there's no more to do. I can't wait to see the next update.
I literally made an account just to say I love this game.I literally had no bug while playing so really good job.
This is the sort of game I need where the story is amazing.So thanks and definitely going to wait for this game.
This si one of the single best Rom Hacks I've played in a LOOONNNGGGG time, the concept, it's execution, the story and the challenge all blend together perfectly to make this one hell of an experience. keep it up.
I LOVE this game to the point of addiction! I'm eagerly waiting for the next chapter. Keep it up and don't keep us Rocket fans waiting too long. ;)
This is such a good hack! I literally created this account because I couldn't NOT express my appreciation. It's rare to find actually decent writing in a romhack...This one is amazing! The dialogue is so natural. A lot of romhacks try for "funny" dialogue that just winds up sounding really cringe. Not this one. Even the other nameless grunts have a lot of personality, but they all sound realistic as well. Like, I could see these lines being spoken by actual people, but they still manage to fit into the admittedly camp world of Pokemon? I don't even know how you managed that, but I love it.

Literally my only gripe is not being able to choose your gender. But considering it's still in Beta, I'm not at all bothered. I hope you'll let us choose a girl grunt eventually though.

So for anyone considering giving this hack a try...10/10 A++ WOULD RECOMMEND

EDIT: Okay, so I'm playing through it again, and out of curiosity I ground for 3,000 years in Mt Moon before facing Red. Finally beat the little bastard. A+ reaction there. I was afraid I'd break the game, but you properly rewarded me for trying.
Holy Papayas this hack is so amazing

You can easily tell a lot of work and passion went into making something like this, almost everything has changed in one way or another, and it really shows.
I really love the new story added in the hack, and it just made me desperate to keep going. The morality system works really well too, and i'm glad you decided to add that to a game, because although being able to play as a rocket has been a dream of mine, I'm not THAT big of a jackass.
The sidequests are really interesting and well made, the ability to steal pokemon is amazing, and you even went through the trouble of changing almost every single NPC's dialogue (wowzers)!
I really admire the work you've done in all of this, going through the trouble of even getting new battle sprites for some special trainers, making new items, and fleshing out several characters more than the original ever did, while still staying true to it.

Also fun fact, I was grinding my pokemon to beat Red. I got 4 pokemon all the way to level 22, and my god, I grinded so hard I actually found a shiny growlithe on route 7. I had no pokeballs with me. thanks obama
I'd also like to add I felt my heart stop whenever i saw Red again, both times, fearing i'd get smooshed again.

I give this game a 10/5, keep it up my man
Guys, I appreciate this so so much, and it really is great motivation to keep going forward with the game. You are my intended audience in every way.

Special thanks all of you who made an account just to post (as a long-time lurker almost everywhere, you have my humblest respect for the gesture). I promise I will not disappoint you with the next release coming up. ;)
I found them at route 5 in Rocket Warehouse
Spoiler:
Ahahaha well spotted. Will fix.
Love this hack! I'm at Cinnabar at the end of the beta. Got the Executive rank and the fake trainer card. Am I able to get a pokedex? How can I get a Rod? I talked to all 3 of the fishing brothers. Just want to know what I'm missing so i can work on it while the update is being prepared. Thanks so much!
Thank you! <3
No Rod, no 'Dex, I'm afraid. Poke around this thread or search the game on YouTube if you're curious about other sidequests... ;)
How do I evolve Pokemon that normally evolve by trade, such as Haunter, Machoke, or Kadabra?
Keep levelling them up, and they'll get there, promise.
Against Bill my Pikachu, my last pokemon, suddenly turned into missingo and my game restarted at mission 6. Please fix.
Dodgy. What's your emulator/setup?
I don't know if anyone else has brought it up yet, but the move dragon tail is bugged. [...]
Thanks for pointing out! Duly noted.
Wow.

Absolutely incredible, phenomenal game, man. I have to say, after grinding through the entirety of this beta in a day, this might be my new favorite rom hack of all time! The story was well-written and engaging, the characters were nicely fleshed out and interesting, and the mechanics were top notch. I've never been more excited for an update to come out!

I have very little to complain about, but I did encounter a glitch on Route 15. The first biker you encounter (when going towards Fuschia) caused my game to freeze and crash when my Pidgeot used Fly against one of his pokemon, and after defrosting I checked to see if it would happen again and it did. Other than that though, the game played flawlessly.

Some suggestions I have:
1) It's kind of a bummer that you can only turn in pokemon to the police. I have three boxes filled with extra mons I'm never going to use, but I also don't want the price on my head going down by turning them in. Perhaps you could include someone in the Rocket HQ that you can turn pokemon in to for items/tms (especially considering grunts usually steal pokemon for Team Rocket and not themselves anyways).
2) After the robbery in Viridian, you should be able to rob pokemarts as you please, especially since the shop in the game corner is so limited. Either that, or the Rocket's mart should update with new items each time you rank up.
3) I also think you should be able to rob the npcs that give Red tms and items (not necessarily key items like rods, but perhaps after becoming an executive you could have the power to take the smaller things at least).

The game is awesome without those inclusions, however, and I'm thoroughly impressed with your progress. I look forward to seeing where you take things from here!
I really, really appreciate it, man-- thanks!
Suggestion 3) is a great idea actually, and fits well with the game's design. Will see about integrating that.
So I don't know if it has been mentioned or not, but has anyone else run into the issue that all the pokemon they steal are female. Nearly every single one. I've had a male starter, a male growlithe and that's it. Everyone else turns into a female.

Although it didn't slow me down and I love this game so much. Thank you for this wondrous creation. I've and ways wanted to see a game where I could join Team Rocket!
Thanks so much! That's really funny-- the gender of your Pokémon should be completely random, so I think you're just dealing with a statistical anomaly ;)
First off, just gotta say I'm really enjoying this so far.

Second, while it wasn't a deal-breaker for me, I must admit that I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't play as a female grunt. So I gotta ask; any plans on adding that in the future? [...]
Thanks! Yep, I agree, female grunt should definitely be playable; just takes a lot of extra writing ;) Will come eventually.
This game is absolutely awesome. I love the dialogue that ensues when you actually defeat Red at Mt. Moon. I used cheats to do it, and it was hilarious. I can't wait for the next update. 1 suggestion, if this hasn't been implemented yet, if you're not planning to use the Sevii Islands, which I hope you are planning to use, but if by some chance you're not, maybe put the Move Reminder in Fuchsia with the Move Deleter
Thank you, man! No plans for including the Sevii Islands, so your suggestion is spot-on.

shinymissingno

??? Pokemon
Years
ooooh, nice to know this is still being worked on - I was getting nervous. Hella excited to know that the next update will finish the main storyline. As much as I hope it gets here REALLY FAST; take your time. A functional game is better than one that comes out quickly, especially if it means the creator doesn't burn out and lose interest.
That said, I'm eagerly waiting for the day I get to play the game in full. Oughtta go back and play this over again, I don't think I ever finished the current demo...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 15, 2019
I've just created an account to vote for you man ! I had a lot of fun playing you hack !!! Great job, i'm sure the next update will be even better ! Thank you for all your hard work on it !

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I have to say that you showed us something exciting. A new Team Rocket rom hack is what I've been waiting for. I think it's time for me to check this out.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
Great effort put in, many thanks to colonelsalt for creating this awesome hack! Created an account just to comment and vote hehehe. Can't wait for the final update!

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
Oooh, I tried a Team Rocket hack before and found the idea amusing, but was sad to find out the hack was not complete and abandoned.

Looking forward to playing this one after I finished my current playthrough + usual break between two pokemon playthroughs.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
@First, Amazing Hack *~*

Ich have Problem, how can i get surf? Went to koga for his Fake Carsten, but stil Cant enter Safari zone.. Pls help

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
HO HO HO HO
A little Christmasy Rocket Edition update incoming.

The next Rocket Edition release, which completes the game's main storyline is in the works, rest assured. If you've found the story intriguing so far, I can't express how excited I am to share what's coming up with you. Screens, as always, remain as spoiler-free as possible...

KL7xZ2w.png
pLjpk3m.png
f7M1rBF.png

Between studies and internship hunts, progress doesn't quite go in the leaps and bounds it does when I'm on extended break, but I always make time to keep it moving forward. No release within the next couple of months, but I'll be a bit more diligent with some teaser screens now and again, promise.

In the meanwhile... make sure to vote for Rocket Edition for Hack of the Year!

If you enjoyed playing the game, this is one of the very best ways you can show your appreciation and support it going forward. Really appreciate your vote!

Was really awed to find the game had been nominated. My deepest thanks to all who submitted nominations!

Guys, I appreciate this so so much, and it really is great motivation to keep going forward with the game. You are my intended audience in every way.

Special thanks all of you who made an account just to post (as a long-time lurker almost everywhere, you have my humblest respect for the gesture). I promise I will not disappoint you with the next release coming up. ;)

Ahahaha well spotted. Will fix.

Thank you! <3
No Rod, no 'Dex, I'm afraid. Poke around this thread or search the game on YouTube if you're curious about other sidequests... ;)

Keep levelling them up, and they'll get there, promise.

Dodgy. What's your emulator/setup?

Thanks for pointing out! Duly noted.

I really, really appreciate it, man-- thanks!
Suggestion 3) is a great idea actually, and fits well with the game's design. Will see about integrating that.

Thanks so much! That's really funny-- the gender of your Pokémon should be completely random, so I think you're just dealing with a statistical anomaly ;)

Thanks! Yep, I agree, female grunt should definitely be playable; just takes a lot of extra writing ;) Will come eventually.

Thank you, man! No plans for including the Sevii Islands, so your suggestion is spot-on.

I Just saw that you quoted me. 😃
I'm so happy about your work with this back, every time i finish to play with the latest update, i need ti know how It Will continue.

Thanks a lot for all

Back