• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Smoking, yeah. Drinking isn't as addictive, so I'm not sure it really matters when you started. :P

But then there are some people that can smoke without getting addicted, like my boyfriend. Idk how he does it.

You need to give me his number like right now D:

Keyword was boyfriend Pedro. :c

Just teasing. I never understand those people that can fight the nicotine though.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Dipu, I was thinking the same thing! X)

Edit:
Woah, just posted accidentally before I finished typing the post.

Pedro, I've heard of people using electronic cigarettes to quit. Have you tried that?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Keyword was boyfriend Pedro. :c

Just teasing. I never understand those people that can fight the nicotine though.

I need to know how though. It's a very rare gift ;;
Like 1 out of every 7 billion people. I think I just found him too.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I used to smoke a bit when I was like 15 and then I stopped because of Parkour and martial arts. I needed my cardio to be in good shape. Wasn't hard for me to quit actually. I just stopped smoking just like that :)

Echidna

Years
I used to smoke a bit when I was like 15 and then I stopped because of Parkour and martial arts. I needed my cardio to be in good shape. Wasn't hard for me to quit actually. I just stopped smoking just like that :)

I've been smoking for 5 years though, sadly it's not that easy for me :/

Honest

Hi!
Years
Pedro, I've heard of people using electronic cigarettes to quit. Have you tried that?

I should know the answer to this, considering almost everyone I know smokes them, but I'm fairly certain they do have trace amounts of nicotine in them. Probably not as much as the real deal, though. And they come in flavors. =D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah idk how he does it either. He'll get stressed and have one cigarette and then not smoke for months because he just doesn't feel like it. Then he'll smoke a few times a week for a couple months, then quit again because it's winter and he doesn't wanna be outside anymore.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I know a couple of people who do, as well. I'm pretty sure they have different amounts of nicotine and some not at all. That's what I remember him telling me, at least. My memory is terrible, so I can't be completely sure haha.

I'm drawing at the same time as being on PC. I can't tell if it's a fakemon or just a zombie-like cat. T:

Echidna

Years
I tried those and they taste literally like crap. ;;
Like, they taste worse than cigarette :/
Is it the nicotine that makes you addicted, Pedro? If so, you should take the nicotine gum.
Yeah it is. I don't like how they taste, but they make me feel really relaxed and when I don't smoke for a couple days I get tense and dying for a cigarette. I actually managed to stop for 10 days once but then I practically snapped at people every time someone said something I didn't agree with u_u

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Smoking (anything) just never appealed to me. My dad smokes like a pack a day and he always has horrible smoker's cough and all that (high blood pressure, etc,) and it makes me concerned but he has been smoking ever since he was 15 (he's over 50 now) and isn't gonna stop anytime too. Could be a reason why I don't like it and don't ever want to try it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My mom has a problem with quitting smoking and weight - she can only work on one at a time. If she tries to quit she balloons up because she needs something to do with her hands and eating distracts her, and if she tries to lose weight she needs smoking because it's so stressful.

Echidna

Years
Smoking (anything) just never appealed to me. My dad smokes like a pack a day and he always has horrible smoker's cough and all that (high blood pressure, etc,) and it makes me concerned but he has been smoking ever since he was 15 (he's over 50 now) and isn't gonna stop anytime too. Could be a reason why I don't like it and don't ever want to try it.

My dad smokes too. He's 51 right now and has been smoking since he was 19. He smokes 1.5 packs a day but he doesn't cough much because he's like a heavy worker xD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
My mom has a problem with quitting smoking and weight - she can only work on one at a time. If she tries to quit she balloons up because she needs something to do with her hands and eating distracts her, and if she tries to lose weight she needs smoking because it's so stressful.

She should take up knitting or crocheting or something like that! Easy to bring along in a purse and she can experiment and practice and it gives her something to do, too!

@_@

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I've been trying on and off to stop smoking for a long time now, but I'm not quite there yet. Nearly, though! I've cut down quite a lot this year and I didn't smoke that many before. It's much less tempting to smoke, I find, when you're living under the pressure of university fees. It's more stressful but the money simply doesn't allow you to smoke too much. d:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back