The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Fan Games Hub The Team Room Archive
Help recruitment thread

The Team Room Archive
The Team Room is now closed—no new posts can be made at this point. This forum will no longer be visible from the end of the month, but remains accessible by the URL.
Original description: Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

Old August 15th, 2014 (11:44 AM). Edited August 15th, 2014 by AdvanceMaster.

Hack name: Pokemon Gen 1.5

Hack of: Pokemon Fire red

Additional information about the hack: This is a hack that focuses on what happened in-between gen 1 and 2 you get to play as Lances son more info when you contact me

Finished percentage: 5.5% Starters set up and storyline and some sprites

Your hacking skills: Spriter {only good with overworld} mapper

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripter Map design and just overall advice

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: email or PM me for the alpha 0.01 of it

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 20th, 2014 (3:47 PM).
    Hacker

Nature: Brave
      Hack name:Pokemon mega fire
      Hack of:Fire red
      Additional information:This take place years later in the Kanto
      Finished percentage: 1 or 5😞
      Hacking skills:Ow Sprite
      Skill looking for:All skill
      Additional contact information:Email.me at [email protected]
      Old August 24th, 2014 (10:41 AM).

Hack name:Pokemon Illusion Version

Hack of:Pokemon Ruby or Firered (maybe)

Additional information about the hack:all new pokemon

Finished percentage:0%(fresh start)

Your hacking skills:mapping,Starter Editing

What help or skill you're looking for:everything

Additional contact information:Email:[email protected]

Additional information:
        Old August 27th, 2014 (6:30 PM). Edited September 1st, 2014 by KnSlash.

Hello! My name is KnSlash! I am the creator of these hacks. I head and oversee all of the things inserted in the game, and where the game will lead. So far, I am working on these three games, but am planning on five. NOTE: They all run right from VBA or any other emulator.

Let me introduce these games to you:
          Pokemon Cerice:
          - a revamped Hoenn Region. Game by KnSlash (Me) and my friend EUE. This game is basically Pokemon Ruby but ALOT harder, with new characters, and sets up the story for the next couple of games. This game is a lot like RUBY and SAPPHIRE, because I made this game when learning to hack.

Pokemon Valkyrie:
          - completely new game, new region called Otto. Game by KnSlash (Me) This game is a direct sequel to Cerice, takes place in a new region, contains Sinnoh Pokemon, and sets up the next game. This game is completely different from Ruby, and I have to give props to my Plot Geniuses Stephen and Josh H for their input on this game. This game is a new region, new story, and awesome!

Pokemon Theta Rose:
          - completely different take on Pokemon. Game by KnSlash (Me) and EUE. The Secret Base aspect is used to its fullest because the Player "camps" in them. There is a PC and a Healing Machine, so there are no Pokemon Centers.
          This game takes place on an island far off the coast of either Otto or Hoenn, not sure which. The story is under development.

"The Stories"
          Pokemon Cerice:
          - pretty much follows the RSE storyline, but is much harder, has tons of great new characters that support and clash with each other. Every character is important in some way. New evil team that poses an ACTUAL threat to the region. But I personally think, "The most dangerous bad guy is the one who thinks he's doing the right thing" which is the case in this game. Stephen (main villain) truly believes he is doing right, and you have to stop him before it goes wrong. There are actually two teams in this game, NYCTOPHOBIA (Stephen's) and REGIME (Seth's). The teams are at war with each other while at war for Hoenn. The game is a blast to play, and is really fun to Nuzlocke.

Legendaries: Groudon, Rayquaza, Regis, Celebi

Pokemon Valkyrie:
          - 2 years have passed since Cerice, the characters have found their way to wherever they are now. You have been brought to supervise an archeological excavation on a cave that has the same compound as the Island Cave in Hoenn. Anyway, the dig has come to a standstill, and you are sent to go meet the President of Devon's Otto Branch. On the way, you take down a couple of gyms for fun. You meet with Devon and a familiar face from Cerice and they ask you to do something for them, because they are the ones who hired you. You do, but along the way, things go completely wrong.
          This game includes Sinnoh Pokemon, and they are spread throughout the region.

Legendaries: Palkia, Kyogre, Manaphy, Lugia

Pokemon Theta Rose:
          - A couple on months after Valkyrie, you are on an island with the Devon Corp helping with excavation. Suddenly, things go completely wrong and you have to reactivate all 8 access points that have been shut down by a new evil team. But... are they evil? Throughout the game, you discover secrets. Secrets of the Island, Secrets of Legendary Pokemon, and Secrets of Devon... Why did they need a strong Trainer to deliver the GOODS? Why would evil teams try to steal from them when they just make Pokeballs, Pokenavs, and revive Fossils? What are they hiding? Who's side are you really on?

Legendaries: Deoxys, Jirachi, Entei, Suicune, and Raikou

Progress:

Pokemon Cerice:
          - Final stages. Been AOK'ed (completely checked and everything) through almost the 4th gym. The game is complete after that, were just checking for bugs. The Pokedex needs to be updated, and it will be soon. The female back sprite (I use NSE) is completely glitches and I cannot find the error. If you want to help, just msg me. If not, just play as the male character. All new updates will be listed here as and if they come.

Link to Pokemon Cerice Complete 1-3:
          UPDATED Fix 1st and 5th Gym Leader
          Download from Mediafire

Pokemon Valkyrie:
          - Early Beta 1-2. The game is almost done through the first gym and 2nd city. Story or Plot elements so far may change. If you want to get a taste of the story, play the newest version listed below. WARNING: The intro to Valkyrie contains Cerice Spoilers!!! The intro more than likely will change, along with character sprites and text. Link will be updated as new updates come.

Link to Pokemon Valkyrie Beta 1-1:
          UPDATED Intro Fix and Updated Text
          Download from Mediafire

Screenshots:
          Cerice:

Valkyrie:

Mappers
          Scripters
          Plot Geniuses (Idea Givers/Story Writers)
          Overworld Editor RE
          Unlz-GBA
          Advanced Pallet Editor
          Advance Text
          Advance Trainer
          NTME
          Door Manager
          Item Editor
          Move Editor
          Tile Molester Alternate
          Yet Another Pokemon Editor

Contributers:
          Creators: KnSlash, EUE

Music: EUE, Danielle Hosey

Beta Testers: James M, Jared V, Troy T, Jack L, Eldorin, jz88k, darulerkilla, VengeanceRider, Grey Bidoof, goff gaming, Sean Fahy, daanbee, Stephen and Josh H.

Plot Geniuses: Evan E, Jack L, Sam C, VengeanceRider, jk88k, Stephen and Josh H

Scripters: KnSlash, EUE

Mappers: VengeanceRider, KnSlash, EUE, and Danielle Hosey

Support Banners:
          Want to support these games?
          Select a Banner!
          How to download? Click on the link, download image, and then put into signature on PokeCommunity!

-----

-----

Thanks for reading! If you want to help, or join the project, just PM me! You can so email me at [email protected]
          KnSlash OUT!
          Player finished Reading
          Player Whited Out...
          Old September 20th, 2014 (9:31 PM).

Nature: Timid
            Hack Name
            Pokemon Frostbite

Hack of
            Pokemon Firered

Additional information about the hack
            Features to look forward to in this project is a brand new region of Pokemon (100+) and it will all be done in the nostalgic style of generation II Gold/Silver/Crystal with custom music and Pokemon cries. I have a lot of fun ideas for this project and I'm excited to see what will become of it!

Your hacking skills
            I am a newbie in hacking in general, so there will definitely be a lot to learn with this project and kinks to work out, haha. Aside from hacking itself, I am skilled in graphics, artwork, music, animation and spriting.

What help or skill you're looking for
            I would absolutely love to recruit idea slaves (mwahaha) to help me out with the fakemon! This project is just starting out and I have an idea for how the plot will play out, but my main priority right now is the Pokemon since that is what I personally enjoy out of the games and want to spend good quality time on. You do not need to be an artist, or even an experienced one if you are able to make simple sketches to show your ideas. Other positions will be open later like beta testers and writers to help build more depth in this game and side quests.

Example of existing work for this project: http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc143/acid-flier/Unnamed004_zps98499537.png

Additional contact information
            Send me a note if you are interested! ^^
            Old September 22nd, 2014 (4:57 AM). Edited September 22nd, 2014 by JohnHenryC.

Hack name: Pokemon Mine Version

Hack of: Pokemon Firered

Additional information about the hack: 'Hello everyone I am JohnHenryC and I have recently started work on a hack with Canadianbrick! The name of the game we are working on is called Pokemon Mine Version! The hack is going excellent but we need some more dedicated hackers to make this an even more awesome game!
              Storyline
              Spoiler:
              Your journey begins in Amethyst Town, a town in the Minore Region. Minore is a region full of mines and mining companies. Every city and town you travel through has mines people work in day and night. A lot of the Pokemon worlds ores and gems come from the Minore region. Down in the depths of the Minore region lies a dark threat. Team Rocksalt is an evil organization working towards ending all mining in the Minore region. They have taken over few towns in the game so far but are growing in numbers! You will travel throughout the region with either a Amaurus, Shieldon, or Cranidos. You must grow strong to beat the Gym Leaders and Elite Four! Your epic journey through Minore will begin soon! (More story to come soon. Story is subject to have some Changes!)

Finished percentage: 10 %

Your hacking skills:
              Mapper, Scripter
              What help or skill you're looking for:
              Pokemon Inserter
              Spriter (battle & OW's)
              World Map Inserter
              World Map Designer
              Title Screen Editor
              Additional contact information:
              Contact on Skype: JohnHenryC
              Or u could just pm me!
              @[email protected]
              Old September 22nd, 2014 (12:38 PM).

Hack name: Pokemon: Dream version

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack:

Finished percentage: 1%

Your hacking skills: Writing

What help or skill you're looking for: Gen III spriter

Additional contact information: facebook: Bryan Yang

Additional information:
                Old September 23rd, 2014 (7:11 AM).
                Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon

Nature: Serious
                  Hack name: Pokemon: League Masters: Fire (and Ice)

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: It takes place in the Gildor Region and has some Gildor-exclusive Pokemon.

Finished percentage: 10-15% (finished first gym)

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Ideas, Scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: Artists, Spriters, Skill in Hex Editing

Additional contact information: Skype Name: kidblazex87

Additional information:

From left to right, Rogetta, Rogon, Rogastar.
                  Old October 6th, 2014 (4:51 AM).
                  opZEtiROma

Hack name: Pokemon Magmaqua Version

Finished percentage: I think 1% >,<

Your hacking skills: Sprite/OverWorld Making/Editor/Inserter, Title Screen Hack, Simple Scripts such as message scripts, pokemart scripts etc. easy scripts, story making/planning

What help or skill you're looking for: Script Making, Pokedex Extending, World Map Editing, Side Story Making/Plaaning, Tiles/Tileset Importing, Mappers/ Map Makers.

Additional contact information:[email protected], and [email protected]

Additional information: All 649 Pokemon (Generation 1-5) or maybe All Pokemons including mega evo (Generation 1-6) must be in the game and catchable. 6 Regions to explore xD (MY PLAN) Each Region has Pokemon League and Many Rivals. Pokemon OW Following the Player OW xD HG/SS :) All 'EVIL TEAM' ex. Plasma and Galactic in the game :) New Moves, and Move effects :) All Evo Stone. etc Many More features :) Lets Talk about it :)
                    Old October 21st, 2014 (1:33 PM).

Nature: Mild
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Wingedkuri View Post
                      Hack Name
                      Pokemon Frostbite

Hack of
                      Pokemon Firered

Additional information about the hack
                      Features to look forward to in this project is a brand new region of Pokemon (100+) and it will all be done in the nostalgic style of generation II Gold/Silver/Crystal with custom music and Pokemon cries. I have a lot of fun ideas for this project and I'm excited to see what will become of it!

Your hacking skills
                      I am a newbie in hacking in general, so there will definitely be a lot to learn with this project and kinks to work out, haha. Aside from hacking itself, I am skilled in graphics, artwork, music, animation and spriting.

What help or skill you're looking for
                      I would absolutely love to recruit idea slaves (mwahaha) to help me out with the fakemon! This project is just starting out and I have an idea for how the plot will play out, but my main priority right now is the Pokemon since that is what I personally enjoy out of the games and want to spend good quality time on. You do not need to be an artist, or even an experienced one if you are able to make simple sketches to show your ideas. Other positions will be open later like beta testers and writers to help build more depth in this game and side quests.

Example of existing work for this project: http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc143/acid-flier/Unnamed004_zps98499537.png

Additional contact information
                      Send me a note if you are interested! ^^
                      Hello :) Names Lux I've been hacking a while and I love teaching new people the ins and outs of hacking I'm pretty skilled in mapping, pokemon sprites, and spriting/inserting overworlds and I would love to help you out. I can also help you out with fakemon if you want. Shoot me a PM if you are interested :)
                      Old October 21st, 2014 (1:39 PM).

Nature: Mild
                        Hack name: Pokemon Silver Destiny

Additional information about the hack: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=336600

Finished percentage: About 85% of the first beta all we need to do is finish the scripts which are almost done with

Your hacking skills: Sprite/OverWorld Making/Editor/Inserter, Mapping, Pokemon sprite inserting editing moves stats etc a few other things

What help or skill you're looking for: Someone to insert trainer sprites. I have all the ones I need made I just can't for the life of me figure out how to put them in. I've tried countless tutorials and I'm just not getting it so help will be appreciated :)

Additional contact information:PM me for skype or email

Additional information: It will be 1 back sprite and a few trainer sprites :) not many trainers need to be sprited

-Lux
                        Old November 4th, 2014 (10:56 AM).

Nature: Jolly
                          Hack name: Pokemon Destiny Emerald

Hack of: Pokemon Emerald

Additional information about the hack: None

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: Mapping and Rom Editing

What help or skill you're looking for: Every other skill

Additional contact information: Email at: [email protected]

Additional information:None
                          Old November 8th, 2014 (2:46 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
                            Hack name: Pokemon: Time Riders (working title)

Additional information about the hack: The game will feature time travelling, (and possibly a new form of Celebi) apart from the normal Pokemon formula. Evil team is out to take Celebi and change the past to their liking.

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: Basic Scripting (I am learning quickly!), Basic Mapping, Storyline writer, and Tool using. :P

What help or skill you're looking for: Advanced mappers, an advanced scripter, and a spriter.

Additional contact information: skype: jojomoodswing

Additional information: Sorry if this seems like a lot! :L
                            Old November 12th, 2014 (2:10 AM).
                            Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends

Hack name: Pokemon: League of Legends

Hack of: Pokemon Emerald

Additional information about the hack: Basically a hack based on the lore of LOL. Many people are fans of both Pokemon and LOL so it should be appealing when it's done.

Finished percentage: To be honest I've just started, I want to get the arty stuff done before starting the real work.

Your hacking skills: Scripting, mapping, story, hex editing, tool using :p

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriting, I am hopeless at drawing so I need somebody to make me pokemon sprites for the champions(front and back) as well as some overworld sprites. I need them to be 64x64 pixels with a maximum of 16 colours, all I need are the pictures I can do the rest.

P.S Emerald uses animated sprites which is just another image to give the illusion that the sprite moved. An 'animated' version of the sprite isn't a must but highly preferred.

Thank You!
                              Old November 15th, 2014 (5:58 PM).

Hack name: Pokemon Havoc Uprising
                                Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red Version
                                Additional information about the hack: Msg me for it.
                                Finished percentage: 0 I am learning how to do some stuff
                                Your hacking skills: Still learning things
                                What help or skill you're looking for: music, Tile editor/Inserter, Mapper,Scripter, Spriter etc.
                                Additional contact information: Pm me.
                                Hello I need Spriters, Mappers, Scripters and other essential people to play a part in my rom hack if you could help me out with your skills (if you have unlisted which im sure some do) msg me and if you have skype ill give you mine
                                (Skypes essential)

thx in advanced :D
                                Old November 16th, 2014 (4:35 AM). Edited November 16th, 2014 by Zehn.
                                Sacred Fire

Nature: Relaxed
                                Hack name: Pokemon: Enriched emerald

Hack of: Emerald

Additional information about the hack: I'm trying to make emerald better with more events, legendarys, Wi-Fi event(as in you can access the events you can no longer get) and a new post game experience

Finished percentage: 50% ish

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Spriting, Scripting, Ideas

What help or skill you're looking for: Hex Editing, Tileset Maker

Additional contact information: Skype Name: ThatOnePokeTrainer

Additional information: Quote this post or pm (PC or Skype) if you want to help
                                Old November 26th, 2014 (5:12 PM).
                                Stellar

Hack name: Pokemon Astral Version

Finished percentage: 5%

Your hacking skills: I know how to do absolutely everything. Music, tile insertion, overworld sprites, inserting new pokemon, scripting, etc.

What help or skill you're looking for: Someone who is a pro at scratch spriting. I need the starter lines and 2 legendary pokemon to be scratch sprited.

Additional contact information: My skype username is jcool5700, but I would rather you PM me on here first.
                                  Old November 29th, 2014 (8:08 AM). Edited December 26th, 2014 by VeraHartjeFelix.

Hack name: Pokemon Delta

Hack of: PKMN Emerald

Finished percentage: 6,66%

Your hacking skills: Mapping.

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripter, Text Editor, Title Screen Editor, Tile Insertor (a professional one, we really need it.), World Map Editor.

Additional contact information: Facebook: Minccino Wollink , E-mail: [email protected] (PM me on Facebook or send me an e-mail)

Additional information: Every kind of help is appreciated.

EDIT: We have got a Title Screen Editor & Scripter.
                                    Old November 30th, 2014 (6:51 PM).
                                    Meowna Fan

Hack name: Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Ruin

Hack of: Pokemon Sapphire

Additional information about the hack: Very story-heavy, some mature content.

Finished percentage: Can't assign a percentage to things yet, I'm on the first town, but I've been experimenting and working on other aspects.

Your hacking skills: Good mapper, beginning scripter.

What help or skill you're looking for: Graphic, specifically tilesets.

Additional contact information: PM, VM, either's fine.

I'm average at tile editing, but I'm no artist. Right now, I need the help of either experienced tileset people, or just pixel artists in general for two things. The main one is a glass wall perspective thing. The city I'm working on is underwater surrounded in glass walls. I need it to look...right, I don't know how to describe it, but for the wall perspective to work, I'll need more than...this.
                                    Spoiler:

The other thing I'd like assistance with is creating an entirely new tileset to replace Secret Base toy furniture with better, real furniture. I replaced Secret Bases with one customizable basement, so it'll need fitting furniture. It can be some taken from in-game tiles, ones from future gens, or all new tiles. I'd like some artistic guidance and some tile help to make it the best it can be. Thanks all!

Spoiler:
                                    Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
                                    Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
                                    Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
                                    Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
                                    Times I've ninja'd people: 3
                                    Old December 4th, 2014 (9:15 AM).
                                    The Unbelivable

Hack name: Unnamed for the moment

Hack of:Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: I'm making a harder version of pokemon Fire Red, and I'll add a further to the story and a second region.

Finished percentage: 20%

My hacking skills: I'm good at inserting pokemons and mapping and a little scripting.:)

What help or skill I'm looking for: In order to add new pokemons without replacing the others, I extanded the number of pokemons with G3HS. But, because they have a "???" replacing the number of the pokédex, they don't evolve even with the national dex...So I search someone who's able to expand the pokédex, I don't have the level in Hex Editing to do that alone...So, if someone who's able to do that can help me or is interressed, PM me...I really need help please :(
                                      Old December 16th, 2014 (3:55 AM).
                                      MadManWithABox9 MadManWithABox9 is offline
                                      Writer

Nature: Calm
                                        Hey the name is TJ I haven't done stories for Pokemon before but I am great at story ideas and idea improvements and enjoy doing it a lot so if anyone needs help with plot ideas in general or just feedback on it I am confident I can help feel free to contact me.

www facebook com/tj.jager
                                        Old December 17th, 2014 (10:16 AM).
                                        jacenblind1996 jacenblind1996 is offline

Hack name: Unnamed untill I have a team

Hack of:Pokemon Emerald
                                          Additional information about the hack: Team Rocket, multi regions, becoming the boss, beating all the regions, stealing pokemon, new starters, future generation pokemon, jessie james and meowth, butch and cassidy, The Iron Mask Marauder from pokemon forever, and any ideas from the team!
                                          Finished percentage: 0% so far i don't know where to begin.

My hacking skills: A little mapping, pokemon locations, scripting, a little title screen editing, a little sprite editing

What help or skill I'm looking for: Pokedex and sprite editors for newer pokemon, map editors, text editors, map makers, pokemon sound editors, and any other ideas

If you would like to work on this with me please PM i will appreciate it!
                                          Old December 20th, 2014 (9:32 PM).

Hack name: Pokemon Zandite

Hack of: Pokemon fire red

Additional information about the hack: In need of mappers !

Finished percentage: 5%

Your hacking skills: Scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: Mappers

Additional contact information: skype- spy.guy33

Additional information:
                                            use skype to ask to be mapper :)

You wont regret it!

Quick Reply