• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Kalos Crystal - Completed ROM Hack (Unova Red sequel)

Years
I'd suggest keep Minimize at 10 pp to match 6th gen, but growth should be 20 pp as that is what it is in 6th gen as moves should be identical to what gen your using for a game.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I'd suggest keep Minimize at 10 pp to match 6th gen, but growth should be 20 pp as that is what it is in 6th gen as moves should be identical to what gen your using for a game.

Unfortunately, they don't have the same effects as Gen V/VI, which is why I suggested it have more PP

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I found a bug that when I evolved my Frogadier into Greninja, not only did the game freeze up with the music still playing but the sprite for Greninja glitched out a bit.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
I found a bug that when I evolved my Frogadier into Greninja, not only did the game freeze up with the music still playing but the sprite for Greninja glitched out a bit.

Huh, that's strange. I used a Froakie during my initial test playthrough and didn't have an issue like this, I'll try and see if I can replicate this bug. Did it happen on the evolution screen, like right when Frogadier finished evolving?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
UPDATE: ROM has been updated with a few minor fixes.
-Thief has 60 power, as it did in Gen 6.
-Minimize and Growth have had their PP increased to 20 and 40 respectively, matching the PP they had before the buffs to their effects (as they use their pre-buffed effects in Kalos Crystal).
-Fixed a graphical glitch when an opponent uses Struggle Bug on a Pokemon with a tall sprite.
-Petal Tower entry text is now correct.
-Fixed some minor spelling errors.

The patch in the download has been replaced with the updated patch. This should have no effect on saves created on the previous patch.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today

Hey, just out of curiosity, did you evolve the Frogadier using a Rare Candy, or in battle?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today

Okay, I did some debugging. I managed to get the glitch you described to occur, not just on Greninja, but on Chesnaught as well. It happened when I used a Rare Candy to evolve the Pokemon, but not when I used experience gain to evolve. In addition, when I used a Rare Candy to evolve AFTER I'd already been in battle with a wild Pokemon, it evolved just fine. It was only when I hadn't been in battle yet that the Rare Candy evolution caused the glitch.

Did this glitch occur during normal gameplay? I'm wondering if it may have to do with the evolution trying to register in the Pokedex, but having issues since no other Pokemon have been seen yet. Then again, if it occurred for you during normal gameplay, I may be way off with my guess.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen yesterday
I finally decided to try the hack out yesterday. I've really been enjoying it! Great work Azure! :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Okay, I did some debugging. I managed to get the glitch you described to occur, not just on Greninja, but on Chesnaught as well. It happened when I used a Rare Candy to evolve the Pokemon, but not when I used experience gain to evolve. In addition, when I used a Rare Candy to evolve AFTER I'd already been in battle with a wild Pokemon, it evolved just fine. It was only when I hadn't been in battle yet that the Rare Candy evolution caused the glitch.

Did this glitch occur during normal gameplay? I'm wondering if it may have to do with the evolution trying to register in the Pokedex, but having issues since no other Pokemon have been seen yet. Then again, if it occurred for you during normal gameplay, I may be way off with my guess.

Yeah it was with Rare Candy. I guess I'll just use the candy before it evolves then level it to evolve to avoid this from happening. I only did this because I'm taking it out to replace it with a better Pokemon anyway.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen yesterday
What level does Gurdurr evolve? Also to whoever mentioned Alola Emerald there's already a hack like that called Moon Emerald which isn't advertised on this forum at all to my knowledge. Maybe a future Fire Red and/or Leaf Green Alola hack could be possible though? That would probably be better since all the Alolan forms are Kanto-native Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
What level does Gurdurr evolve? Also to whoever mentioned Alola Emerald there's already a hack like that called Moon Emerald which isn't advertised on this forum at all to my knowledge. Maybe a future Fire Red and/or Leaf Green Alola hack could be possible though? That would probably be better since all the Alolan forms are Kanto-native Pokemon.

I just looked that up a sec ago. It's pretty much what this is but will a huge chunk of Pokemon from a bunch of different gens and all the QoL changes that we expect in the hacks these days. I recommend it as it has some great sprites of the Alola mons as well as the forms.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today

Gurdurr evolves at 40. I'm not 100% sure on what I'll move onto after Kalos Crystal, though the disassemblies I'd been using aren't quite finished for the Gen 3 games. Will look into this other hack though, thanks!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
How do you get Aegislash, Aromatisse, & Slurpuff? I leveled them and no stones work on these three so how do yout evolve them?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
are the pokemon solely limited to gens 5 and six or are there some others from previous gens added? I know sylveon implies the Eevee line and all but are there any other starters aside Kalos and Unova? Just curious

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
are the pokemon solely limited to gens 5 and six or are there some others from previous gens added? I know sylveon implies the Eevee line and all but are there any other starters aside Kalos and Unova? Just curious

Nope it's just strictly the entire dexes of Kalos & Unova which adds up to about 230 Pokemon or so.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I thought so! I guess if I wanted to, I can do that to get them as they're the last ones ironically. I stopped playing just right before I fight Red to beat this thing. Thanks man!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I guess I should have figured. Speaking of which how and why is Sylveon available but no eevee at all? I mean a wild sylveon is nice but its very very unusual to have it but no Eevee or other Eeveelutions. Still, your choice in the end of course.

I highly recommend you change up some dialogue to fit the new pokemon in the game, I noticed some NPC trainers such as Youngster Joey and Wade the Bug Catcher still utter the lines they have in their vanilla interactions, Joey praising his rattata as the best. and what not. Sure its not necessary but it ultimately makes your project feel more natural. Similarly with the replacement of slowpoke with Stunfisk, perhaps changing the reason why Team Rocket is taking the Stunfisk might be smart since it would be more reasonable for them to hack off slowpoketails than stunfisk tails, since a lot of the newer pokemon don't have a lot of lore packed into them and fish typically die if they lose bodyparts. Theres likely to be a number of other discrepencies too but thats off the top of my head. I figured I'd touch on this since it could help to make your hack feel like a different story while maintaining the feel and flow of the original crystal

Also a number of the legendary pokemon almost don't make sense with their location. Landorus especially. I would have expected him to be possibly the one you encounter at Tin Tower in place of Suicune personally.

Back