• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] A Sunfishy Gallery

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
batorch_and_vampyro_by_tsunfished-db5gvt2.png

Bats based on torches

brughoul__vanghost__and_picassoul_by_tsunfished-db5l9mh.png

Their faces can change to anything they want, but their eye patterns will always be present somewhere

squift_and_seanobi_by_tsunfished-db78251.png

bickoree_fanart_by_tsunfished-db5lgyj.png

Fanart of a friend's fakemon

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
signapse_by_tsunfished-dbbosi4.png

These rats are able to read brainwaves with their tails

smieel_by_tsunfished-dbbozug.png

This is probably the dumbest thing I ever thought of but he is my child and I love him

Years
bolichi_by_tsunfished-db3rctz.png

I really like the look and design of Bolichi, but what about it makes it a fairy type? I guess because it's kinda of got a mischievous/small design, but it would be nice if you expanded more on that concept!

Signapse is really cute, I think the name is good with psychic and electric, ya know, synapse, etc. The only thing that bothers me about it's design is the way its nose is rendered. I know it's kind of at a difficult angle, but it looks a bit like the snout is a flatshape with the nose coming out. I wonder if you had the nose overlapping the top of it's head it would look more rounded.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
bolichi_by_tsunfished-db3rctz.png

I really like the look and design of Bolichi, but what about it makes it a fairy type? I guess because it's kinda of got a mischievous/small design, but it would be nice if you expanded more on that concept!

Signapse is really cute, I think the name is good with psychic and electric, ya know, synapse, etc. The only thing that bothers me about it's design is the way its nose is rendered. I know it's kind of at a difficult angle, but it looks a bit like the snout is a flatshape with the nose coming out. I wonder if you had the nose overlapping the top of it's head it would look more rounded.

Thanks for your feedback!

My logic for Bolichi being part fairy is that it's indeed mischievous, but also that I've designed it to be like an attack-oriented version of Klefki. The design itself is based on the Kendama, which is where I also got the Fairy-typing too.

Someone else pointed out the nose problem on Signapse, but I'm probably not going to revisit it in the near future ;;
Thanks for pointing it out though!

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
Years
OK, so I need the Daiseed evolutionary chain in my life like RIGHT NOW!! It's such a perfect Pokemon <3 <3

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
More fakemon before I take a small hiatus for a while:
snowki_and_snowkoro_by_tsunfished-dbdgfjk.png

Based on snow rabbits that kids in japan usually make

slowth_and_slothargic_by_tsunfished-dbe0xae.png

One of my fossilmon, based on a giant sloth, with some caveman influence

OK, so I need the Daiseed evolutionary chain in my life like RIGHT NOW!! It's such a perfect Pokemon <3 <3
Thanks! It's one of my favorite designs, and has gotten good feedback from my other friends as well!

Wow! These are great!
Thanks!

Years
Great work as always! Snowkoro looks really adorable! I don't know if it's been asked before, but what is your policy on people doing pixel art/fanart of your fakemon? I'm not asking about using them in a game, some of these designs just seem like they would be so interesting to sprite!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Great work as always! Snowkoro looks really adorable! I don't know if it's been asked before, but what is your policy on people doing pixel art/fanart of your fakemon? I'm not asking about using them in a game, some of these designs just seem like they would be so interesting to sprite!

Oh! I don't mind if anyone were to make fan art/sprites of my guys. In fact, I would love to see what people make of them!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 7, 2017
Oh! I don't mind if anyone were to make fan art/sprites of my guys. In fact, I would love to see what people make of them!

Made an account just to post fanart of the male character in the opening post /)w(\;;
I'm not sure who he is but he has cute hair!!

I also really love your Fairy/Dragon Fakemons... You combined both of my fav types and made em cute... QQ

Attachments

• pokecommunity sunfished male trainer.png
    pokecommunity sunfished male trainer.png
    147 KB · Views: 7

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Made an account just to post fanart of the male character in the opening post /)w(\;;
I'm not sure who he is but he has cute hair!!

I also really love your Fairy/Dragon Fakemons... You combined both of my fav types and made em cute... QQ

AAAAAAAA IM SPEECHLESS
This is a super great piece of fanart! @w@
Showed a bunch of my friends and they said you did an amazing job in bringing an old drawing back to life!

Is there a place where you post your art? I'd love to see what other gorgeous things you've done :D

Years
Oh I love those concepts! Taking items that already exist in the pokemon world and making them sentient is very clever! Voltorb already exist so it's not a far off concept. Great job.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
orenti_region_starters_v2_by_tsunfished-dbknfhm.png

New Fire and Water starters!

Fire starter is still the same, just looks much different. Name is now Scorchog!

Water Starter took a major change, and is now based on the walking catfish. What a strange animal! Its name is Fisker, a combination of fish and whisker.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
hedgeko__florecko__and_sentecko_by_tsunfished-dbnrld7.png

scorchog__bombardillo__and_kabangolin_by_tsunfished-dbl6w95.png

My grass and fire starters! Water one is going to take a while to design, but here's these two for now!

Years
Your starters look good. Good proportions, simple designs, good color and shading. They very much say "I'm a starter Pokemon" at first glance.

The evolutions of the fire starter are particularly well done, keeping some of the same design elements (the red zigzagging fire or explosion shape) while making each of them look distinct. The grass one's the same, but the repetition of the same shades of green across all three is the only thing that stands out to me.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
poyolky__hawkadoo__and_valoroost_by_tsunfished-dbnujo2.png

Regional Birds! Based on chickens and chicken-fighting. It evolves from prey, to a bird of prey!

jinghoul__ub_idol__by_tsunfished-dbo22nf.png

A UB I did for a contest over at Pokecommunity! It's based on the Khakkara and Gohei, which are two religiously important staves in asian cultures.

fisker__catfisk__and_nekimono_by_tsunfished-dboyl7s.png

Water Starter! Based on literal catfish, and monks. Their whiskers can detect many things, upgrading from being able to detect air/water movements, to sonar and seismo-based detection, and finally to sensing the aura and spirits or ghosts in the general area.

fanshee_and_reveram_by_tsunfished-dbpb27i.png

Based on sheep and garments of clothes! Onesie sheep likes to sleep a lot, while parka alpaca likes to eat dreams

Back