• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Imagine if Audino got a baby to go along with an evolution and a set of items themed after it that boost EXP and evolves the baby. XP

I like this actually, but wouldn't that sort of make the Lucky Egg kind of irrelevant? Unless the EXP boosts given from these items were lesser than it, so it functions primarily as an evolution item and then the experience boosts as a secondary thing would be cool.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
670 - Pancheat - Dark
671 - Simicheat - Dark
672 - Pancus - Psychic
673 - Simicus - Psychic
674 - Panarts - Fighting
675 - Simiarts - Fighting

I thought there were suppose to be only three based on the "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil" monkeys? Definitely sounds like a fake.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I like this actually, but wouldn't that sort of make the Lucky Egg kind of irrelevant? Unless the EXP boosts given from these items were lesser than it, so it functions primarily as an evolution item and then the experience boosts as a secondary thing would be cool.

Makes the Lucky egg as irrelevant as the Gemstones did for the Hold items, or how the Plates made other hold items irrelevant. All are still used as they are. You'd have think things like Expert Belt and Life Orb would have made other Hold items irrelevant too, but they didn't. If anything, its one more thing they can give us through the story that makes leveling easier that we also don't have to go and grind for. Also gives more options if Chansey is again not available in the wild.

Why have Lucky Egg as a Rare Drop on a Pokemon that hardly ever appears in the wild?

Um? Not going to lie, I find that slightly rude on your part. .____.

Sure, nothing exactly needs to evolve, I'll give you that. I'm basing my own opinions off of whether they're "needed" from a competitive standpoint. That's all there is to it. I feel that you're unnecessarily putting words in people's mouths. Please don't do that.

It is as it is. Its unnecessary to repeat "they aren't needed" when its supposed to be your opinion. Its nice you don't like them, but that's all you and you simply do not want them. Not that they aren't needed. You also never once mentioned anything for competitiveness cause if that were the case then everything should get an evolution as it opens up more competitive uses for other Pokemon. As Cryognal and Audino would then be Little Cup Material and affected by Eviolite.

No evolution is ever needed. We don't get any say whether they will evolve or not either so our views on what's needed and what isn't needed doesn't matter. They'll evolve anything they want. If they want to evolve a Pokemon with 595 BST, they will. Whether its needed or not is up to the creators not us and it would still effect the competitive field so in a way it would be justified as "needed" by the creators since they'd evolve it just to effect the competitive field in the first place.

So I am putting no more words into your mouth than you are openly posting for everyone to see.

You do not want them. Its simply that. You also do not have to use them if you do not want to.

I thought there were suppose to be only three based on the "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil" monkeys? Definitely sounds like a fake.

Even if the monkeys themselves have a specific base structure that doesn't mean that they cannot add to it. While I agree that a lot of thing, including this make the list fake, Gamefreak are the ones that decide what to do with the Pokemon. If they wanted a Dark/Psychic/Fighting version of the PanSimi Monkeys they'll make them....though they'd most likely choose something with a real Elemental Triangle since those are used to explain the type balance like the starter battles used to.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Sigh, we really do need news seeing how we're talking about fakes again :( .
I'm hoping Torcoal does get an evolution as I've always wanted to see what GF can do with it. Fire/water would be awesome and unexpected considering most speculations have had it evolve into a Fire/Steel, or Fire/Rock.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Sigh, we really do need news seeing how we're talking about fakes again :( .
Fake rumors and the sort are usually what makes up a large fraction of the speculation when there's not much else to talk about. I find it kind of fun, because I like seeing what sort of ideas other fans have.

I'm hoping Torcoal does get an evolution as I've always wanted to see what GF can do with it. Fire/water would be awesome and unexpected considering most speculations have had it evolve into a Fire/Steel, or Fire/Rock.
I'm all for Torkoal getting an evolution. Turning out Fire/Water would be a nice twist and I can see it working if its evolution is based off of a sea turtle or something similar.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Tirtuoga and Carracosta kinda took over the need for a sea turtle, so I don't really see Torkoal going down that route again, although it would be cool!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Torkoal is a tortoise too...so you'd expect it to remain that way though Pokemon doesn't tend to follow the natural order so what am I saying? If it evolves I see a Fire/Steel, Fire/Rock, or Fire/Ground evolution if not pure fire.

Something based on like a teapot or Boiler I can see as Water/Fire Maybe something based on undersea vents? I know some creatures can squirt heated liquids out too. Those would make pretty cool Water/Fire types.

Also their Poison/Dragon was so a Komodo XD

Years
A teapot would be good for our inanimate object. Maybe a three stage line? a Teacup -> Teapot -> Boiling over teapot. For some reason I see it as this generation's Chandelure...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I could see that, and it'd be a cool concept. Having a frothing teapot would be an awesome thing. I could see it like a Fire/Poison type final evolution, where the steam or whatever it emitted would be poisonous?

Years
Poison tea?!
I'll rather it stay Water/Fire imo.
How about a Pokémon based on the hawaiian flowers that sprout/bloom shortly after an eruption has covered them in lava? It could be Grass/Fire.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Poison tea...

idk, what does France sell? Bread? Make it like poison bread, or poison sushi mon to return to Pokemon's roots!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh right, a poisoned snail would work, and would be kind of like macargo slightly??

(idk if that's what you meant but that came to mind!)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Oh right, a poisoned snail would work, and would be kind of like macargo slightly??

(idk if that's what you meant but that came to mind!)
Depends. How does a poisoned snail match up to duck liver? (That's what fois gras is, I've watched enough Japanese Iron Chef to know.)

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
^^ I really hate to interrupt such an awesome conversation (I really do like it btw), but I can't wait to see if the Pokemon are going to be portrayed in their relative sizes. i.e., Litwick being dwarfed by Wailord. It would make some of the smaller Pokemon with a type advantage (Heck, even without a type advantage) seem so much more epic.

Sorry if this has been brought up before.

Edit: WTF is up with that emoticon? I didn't put it there on purpose...

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Well, there's certainly going to be some difference in the proportion of size if this screenshot is to say anything.

Spoiler:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I just want to see some HSOWA in the daycare.

...what? :P

NEway, where did you get that screen, or is that grabbed from the first trailer?

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back