• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I have been trying to play this game, but whenever I finish the naming my character part and the rival the screen simply turns black after the scientist "gets smaller". Basically I can't play it at all. I am using it on the PC and I tried every single base fire red ROM around (squirrels, independent etc) and this does not change. I am using the visual boy advance and not No$gba I have no idea what is happening. (I have been trying for a few days now since this concept sounds interesting.)

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
As there is no new decent hacks at moment I'm gonna give this hack a go as you guys speak so many nice things about it...
Thanks for sharing the link

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Since it's unfinished and will probably stay that way, I guess I'll play through to the end of the completed stuff and just treat that as the endgame. It's a bit disappointing, but it's better than not having the game at all.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I decided to release a fixed version of this great game. I don't know if I will be allowed to do so, but still, I want people to know how good this game was.
Some screenshots:
efFegH9.png

These glitches are fixed:
(1)The game crashes when you open the menu in Verasa Village/on Beding Meadows.
(2)You can leave Felridge City without your first badge.
(3)Fiore Town Gym Leader gives you the wrong badge.
(4)The movesets of all Pokemon are fixed.
(5)The unfinished Gaia City,Dracovia Village and Serao League are finished, you can go to those towns and challenge the league now.
(6)You couldn't use the fosil regenerator.

New things
(1)Completed over world sprites, trainer card sprites and backsprites for hero/heroine.
(2)New over world sprites for Dracovia Village gym leader, the Elite Four and League Champion Sophia.
(3)New battle sprites for rival, Gaia City gym leader, Dracovia Village gym leader, Elite Four and champion Sophia.
(4)Champion Sophia's team.
(5)Palkia, Dialga, Giratina and Arceus are catchable after the champion is defeated.
(6)Proper icons for gen IV Pokemon.
(7)A rough world map.
Here is the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wa6osyq9s9ubpc8/Pokemon_Genesis_Fixed_Final_Beta.zip

Years
Wow, another hack fixed by the repairman himself. First Sienna, now Genesis? You really have done a good job fixing incompleted hacks into complete ones.

Off-topic, I wanna ask if you are taking requests for the hacks that you will fix or finish? If yes, then can I ask you to do the same to Pokemon DarkViolet by Chaos Rush? It is such a great ROM hack and has the potential to be HoTY of 2013 (or 2014) but was cancelled.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I decided to release a fixed version of this great game. I don't know if I will be allowed to do so, but still, I want people to know how good this game was.
Some screenshots:
efFegH9.png

These glitches are fixed:
(1)The game crashes when you open the menu in Verasa Village/on Beding Meadows.
(2)You can leave Felridge City without your first badge.
(3)Fiore Town Gym Leader gives you the wrong badge.
(4)The movesets of all Pokemon are fixed.
(5)The unfinished Gaia City,Dracovia Village and Serao League are finished, you can go to those towns and challenge the league now.
(6)You couldn't use the fossil regenerator.

New things
(1)Completed over world sprites, trainer card sprites and backsprites for hero/heroine.
(2)New over world sprites for Dracovia Village gym leader, the Elite Four and League Champion Sophia.
(3)New battle sprites for rival, Gaia City gym leader, Dracovia Village gym leader, Elite Four and champion Sophia.
(4)Champion Sophia's team.
(5)Palkia, Dialga, Giratina and Arceus are catchable after the champion is defeated.
(6)Proper icons for gen IV Pokemon.
(7)A Simple world map.
Here is the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wa6osyq9s9ubpc8/Pokemon_Genesis_Fixed_Final_Beta.zip
I tested the game again and found some new glitches, so I assume I need to update the fixed beta. Hopefully all gamebreaking glitches are fixed now. What's more, I added some new things.
Some screenshots:
EfcJsW7.png

The following things are fixed in the 2/8/2018 Update.
Fixed glitches:
(1)The border tiles of Zyrene Plains are glitched.
(2)Frostpen City ice areas glitch.
(3)The glitched movement permissions in the Safari Zone.
(4)Minor script glitches in Palerose Town.

New things:
(1)The Victory Road is completely redone.
(2)Palkia and Dialga are moved to the Cave Of Origin.
(3)Mesprit, Azelf and Uxie are catchable now.
(4)To find Arceus, you need to battle Palkia, Dialga and Giratina first.
Edit: I updated the patch once again to fix some minor text glitches. But don't worry, there are not many changes.

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wa6osyq9s9ubpc8/Pokemon Genesis Fixed Final Beta.zip

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I tested the game again and found some new glitches, so I assume I need to update the fixed beta. Hopefully all gamebreaking glitches are fixed now. What's more, I added some new things.
Some screenshots:
EfcJsW7.png

Fixed glitches:
I'm so glad to see that this hack is back in action! Quick question though, Is the Main story completed in this hack?
New things:
Edit: I updated the patch once again to fix some minor text glitches. But don't worry, there are not many changes.

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wa6osyq9s9ubpc8/Pokemon Genesis Fixed Final Beta.zip

Yoo! I have a small question. Is the main story for this hack complete?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Can someone please tell me which town/city I have to go to for my 7th badge? I am really confused.

I think the 6th gym leader told you where to go, you should go to Gaia City. Just check out the world map to find out where it is. By the way, don't forget about the HM04. You can get it in the Safari Zone. And the main storyline of the hack is not complete, I'm not going to touch it because I don't want to change the creator's ideas about the main storyline.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I think the 6th gym leader told you where to go, you should go to Gaia City. Just check out the world map to find out where it is. By the way, don't forget about the HM04. You can get it in the Safari Zone. And the main storyline of the hack is not complete, I'm not going to touch it because I don't want to change the creator's ideas about the main storyline.

Thank you so much for replying. Also, I realised that I have my 7th badge instead of my 6th badge. Will this affect my gameplay in any manner?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Some screenshots:
EfcJsW7.png

Fixed glitches:

New things:

Here's the link:
In the previous fixed version, Riolu couldn't evolve, I have fixed it. Here's the download link of the newest fixed final beta:

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Dec 4, 2019
Is there any document with pokemon locations / evolutions? Are there no trade evolutions?

Back