Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #3076    
Old August 25th, 2011 (3:05 PM).
cazzler's Avatar
cazzler cazzler is offline
Feraligatr FtW!
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: Silver Mountain
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 504
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    Quick question. I'm no EV expert. I used vitamins on my Caterpie who I think was still level 1 at the time until I got the "it won't have an effect" message when I tried any of the vitamins. The EV feathers won't work either. So, is there anything else I can do to boost its stats besides theoretically fighting specific Pokemon that carry the EVs I want?
    You can't boost its stat with vitamins once its EV's are equal to or over 100. So you can only use 10 on a Pokemon (10 EVs in each Vitamin) then you'll have to battle Pokemon to raise its EV's, to speed up the process, infect your Pokemon with pokerus and have it hold an item that promotes EV Gain (Power Items).

    More info here: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml
    Hope this helped

    Relevant Advertising!

      #3077    
    Old August 25th, 2011 (6:13 PM).
    Jeikobu's Avatar
    Jeikobu Jeikobu is offline
    God's beloved child
       
      Join Date: Sep 2003
      Location: In God's timing, Japan!
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 474
      Thanks, that does help. How do I infect a Pokemon with Pokerus?


      Two other questions, both related to each other:

      1. I move a Pokemon from a generation IV game to a generation V game via the PokeShifter, will I be able to send it back? What I want to do is send a Hitokage from Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver to my Pokemon White, breed it, and send it back. Can I do that?

      2. If I can't do this, can I breed the Hitokage in the generation IV game and send the egg permanently to my White game?
      __________________
      "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20


      Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

      Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
        #3078    
      Old August 25th, 2011 (7:19 PM).
      Forever's Avatar
      Forever Forever is offline
      Merry Scragmas!
      • Moderator
      • Crystal Tier
      • Social Media
       
      Join Date: Nov 2005
      Location: Queensland
      Age: 25
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Bold
      Posts: 35,774
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
      Thanks, that does help. How do I infect a Pokemon with Pokerus?


      Two other questions, both related to each other:

      1. I move a Pokemon from a generation IV game to a generation V game via the PokeShifter, will I be able to send it back? What I want to do is send a Hitokage from Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver to my Pokemon White, breed it, and send it back. Can I do that?

      2. If I can't do this, can I breed the Hitokage in the generation IV game and send the egg permanently to my White game?
      For the top part, just make sure you have a Pokemon with pokerus (either from trades - ask in quick trade thread maybe) or finding it in the wild by battling wild Pokemon, and then put that Pokemon in your party, then start battling with that Pokemon. After a few battles it'll have spread the pokerus around the party and boom, 6 of your Pokemon have pokerus. Just remember to box them after. :x

      For one, nope they can't be sent back to gen IV and apparently eggs cannot be transferred, so... no. Unless you hatch it in your gen IV game, where there would be no issue.
      __________________


      Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
      You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
      A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

        #3079    
      Old August 25th, 2011 (11:23 PM).
      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
      Memento Mori
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 14,508
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by cazzler View Post
      then you'll have to battle Pokemon to raise its EV's,
      You can still raise EVs with Feathers even after EV reached 100. So battling is not the only option =)
      __________________
      ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

      Anime List | PSN Trophy List
        #3080    
      Old August 26th, 2011 (12:15 PM).
      xXJumboShrimpXx xXJumboShrimpXx is offline
         
        Join Date: Jul 2011
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 309
        I can't find my Pokemon White Friend code. I looked around and couldn't find any thing about it. Can some one help me?
          #3081    
        Old August 26th, 2011 (1:43 PM).
        PokéSwimmer's Avatar
        PokéSwimmer PokéSwimmer is offline
        Keeping time time time
           
          Join Date: Dec 2010
          Location: Night Sky's Edge
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 462
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by xXJumboShrimpXx View Post
          I can't find my Pokemon White Friend code. I looked around and couldn't find any thing about it. Can some one help me?
          Just look in your Pal Pad. It will be there.
          __________________

            #3082    
          Old August 27th, 2011 (2:58 AM).
          Charicific's Avatar
          Charicific Charicific is offline
          PkMn Trainer
             
            Join Date: Jul 2011
            Location: None of Your Business
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Modest
            Posts: 505
            Ok, now that I got introduced to what is EV and such, I wanted to EV Train my pokemon for Competitive online battles. Now before I do so, I have some questions.

            -How do I know which PkMn to Battle? I want to raise my Speed and Attack, so which Pokemons shall I fight exactly? And how do I know its the right one?

            -I heard that EVs are gained by defeating Pokemons everytime, so, does that mean leveling Up fast isn't good? Does that mean leveling up is not important, but killing the pokemon is? If so, does this mean I will get tons of EVs if I fight a low lvl Pokemon but that has a good Attack stats (I won't lvl up fast, but will grind many points out of all the pokemons).

            Thanks for your help
              #3083    
            Old August 27th, 2011 (3:06 AM).
            Forever's Avatar
            Forever Forever is offline
            Merry Scragmas!
            • Moderator
            • Crystal Tier
            • Social Media
             
            Join Date: Nov 2005
            Location: Queensland
            Age: 25
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Bold
            Posts: 35,774
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
            Ok, now that I got introduced to what is EV and such, I wanted to EV Train my pokemon for Competitive online battles. Now before I do so, I have some questions.

            -How do I know which PkMn to Battle? I want to raise my Speed and Attack, so which Pokemons shall I fight exactly? And how do I know its the right one?

            -I heard that EVs are gained by defeating Pokemons everytime, so, does that mean leveling Up fast isn't good? Does that mean leveling up is not important, but killing the pokemon is? If so, does this mean I will get tons of EVs if I fight a low lvl Pokemon but that has a good Attack stats (I won't lvl up fast, but will grind many points out of all the pokemons).

            Thanks for your help
            Well for the first part, in Black and White, Basculin is good for Speed & Lillipup/Patrat are good for Attack - have a look at the Black and White FAQ for some more information in general - it has detailed information on ev training in these games which can be applied to past ones too.

            Levelling up is important, yes, but if you're going to grind it's best to do that afterwards incase you fight the wrong Pokemon throwing off your ev training completely. But yes, you only need to fight a certain amount of low level Pokemon and your evs go up after each battle, so it's not that you need to grind a lot to ev train well. :)
            __________________


            Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
            You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
            A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

              #3084    
            Old August 27th, 2011 (6:06 AM).
            Charicific's Avatar
            Charicific Charicific is offline
            PkMn Trainer
               
              Join Date: Jul 2011
              Location: None of Your Business
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Modest
              Posts: 505
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Forever View Post


              Well for the first part, in Black and White, Basculin is good for Speed & Lillipup/Patrat are good for Attack - have a look at the Black and White FAQ for some more information in general - it has detailed information on ev training in these games which can be applied to past ones too.

              Levelling up is important, yes, but if you're going to grind it's best to do that afterwards incase you fight the wrong Pokemon throwing off your ev training completely. But yes, you only need to fight a certain amount of low level Pokemon and your evs go up after each battle, so it's not that you need to grind a lot to ev train well.
              Ok first, thanks for that Info..ALOT. Second, I have another Question
              Though its totally unrelated but...can an Infernape and A deerling Breed?!?! I want a Chimchar with Double-Kick.
                #3085    
              Old August 27th, 2011 (7:04 AM).
              PokéSwimmer's Avatar
              PokéSwimmer PokéSwimmer is offline
              Keeping time time time
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2010
                Location: Night Sky's Edge
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 462
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
                Ok first, thanks for that Info..ALOT. Second, I have another Question :P
                Though its totally unrelated but...can an Infernape and A deerling Breed?!?! I want a Chimchar with Double-Kick.
                Why would you want Double Kick? It sucks
                They are both in the same egg group, so yes, they can breed.
                __________________

                  #3086    
                Old August 27th, 2011 (7:08 AM). Edited August 27th, 2011 by Charicific.
                Charicific's Avatar
                Charicific Charicific is offline
                PkMn Trainer
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2011
                  Location: None of Your Business
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 505
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PokéSwimmer View Post
                  Why would you want Double Kick? It sucks
                  They are both in the same egg group, so yes, they can breed.
                  Well I thought of getting it first but now that I saw all my Infernapes BETTER moves, I neglected it. And yeah it sucks.

                  Ok, I am in my EV training now, so, here is another question.

                  Do anyone know which Unova Pokemon can give me 2-3 Attack EV?
                  Training with the Patrat and Lilipup is Kinda Slow especially with no PkRs and Power Brace. I don't want the power brace since I am EV training for speed as well.
                    #3087    
                  Old August 27th, 2011 (12:45 PM).
                  cazzler's Avatar
                  cazzler cazzler is offline
                  Feraligatr FtW!
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2008
                    Location: Silver Mountain
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 504
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
                    Well I thought of getting it first but now that I saw all my Infernapes BETTER moves, I neglected it. And yeah it sucks.

                    Ok, I am in my EV training now, so, here is another question.

                    Do anyone know which Unova Pokemon can give me 2-3 Attack EV?
                    Training with the Patrat and Lilipup is Kinda Slow especially with no PkRs and Power Brace. I don't want the power brace since I am EV training for speed as well.
                    Power brace only cuts speed in battle, not the stat itself. All power items cut speed since I'm guessing their 'heavy'. Anyways patrat and lillipup is your best option. To max attack, use 10 proteins on a Pokemon (100 EV's), Infect the Pokemon with Pokerus (I can do that for you) Obtain a power bracer and equip it on your Pokemon. Then you'll have to fight 15 patrat/lillipups (150 EV's) that makes a total of 250 EV's, take off the bracer and fight 1 more patrat/lillipup (2 EV's) and you will now have a total of 252 EV's in attack!

                    EV Training speed and HP is faster though since patrat/lillpup give +1 EV's, Basculin (speed) and Stunfisk (HP) Give +2 EV's. So repeat what I said with patrat/lillipup but give it 10 carbos/Hp Up and replace power bracer with power anklet/weight. Defeat 12 Basculin/Stunfisk with power anklet/weight and 2 without the power anklet/weight and you'll have 252 EV's in Speed/HP.

                    Hopefully I made sense!
                      #3088    
                    Old August 27th, 2011 (12:58 PM).
                    Charicific's Avatar
                    Charicific Charicific is offline
                    PkMn Trainer
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2011
                      Location: None of Your Business
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Modest
                      Posts: 505
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cazzler View Post
                      Power brace only cuts speed in battle, not the stat itself. All power items cut speed since I'm guessing their 'heavy'. Anyways patrat and lillipup is your best option. To max attack, use 10 proteins on a Pokemon (100 EV's), Infect the Pokemon with Pokerus (I can do that for you) Obtain a power bracer and equip it on your Pokemon. Then you'll have to fight 15 patrat/lillipups (150 EV's) that makes a total of 250 EV's, take off the bracer and fight 1 more patrat/lillipup (2 EV's) and you will now have a total of 252 EV's in attack!

                      EV Training speed and HP is faster though since patrat/lillpup give +1 EV's, Basculin (speed) and Stunfisk (HP) Give +2 EV's. So repeat what I said with patrat/lillipup but give it 10 carbos/Hp Up and replace power bracer with power anklet/weight. Defeat 12 Basculin/Stunfisk with power anklet/weight and 2 without the power anklet/weight and you'll have 252 EV's in Speed/HP.

                      Hopefully I made sense!
                      Ok, ok , ok....Are you saying the power items don't cut Speed Stat? only in battle? So all I do is give my pkmn a power brace or whatever its called and I will get ~5EVs in attack from a Lillipup?! If so, THAT'S SO AWESOME!
                        #3089    
                      Old August 27th, 2011 (1:02 PM).
                      cazzler's Avatar
                      cazzler cazzler is offline
                      Feraligatr FtW!
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2008
                        Location: Silver Mountain
                        Age: 22
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Brave
                        Posts: 504
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
                        Ok, ok , ok....Are you saying the power items don't cut Speed Stat? only in battle? So all I do is give my pkmn a power brace or whatever its called and I will get ~5EVs in attack from a Lillipup?! If so, THAT'S SO AWESOME!
                        Yeah, you will get 5 EVs in the attack stat fighting a Lillipup/Patrat with power bracer. Power items DO NOT cut speed stats, only in battle. Also if your Pokemon has Pokerus you will get +10 EVs for each Lillipup/Patrat knocked out. So thats only 15 Lillipup/Patrat needed till 250 EV's (provided that you used 10 proteins on the Pokemon) and then 1 more Lillipup/Patrat without power bracer for the last 2 EV's.
                          #3090    
                        Old August 28th, 2011 (12:21 AM).
                        Jeikobu's Avatar
                        Jeikobu Jeikobu is offline
                        God's beloved child
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2003
                          Location: In God's timing, Japan!
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 474
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Forever View Post

                          For the top part, just make sure you have a Pokemon with pokerus (either from trades - ask in quick trade thread maybe) or finding it in the wild by battling wild Pokemon, and then put that Pokemon in your party, then start battling with that Pokemon. After a few battles it'll have spread the pokerus around the party and boom, 6 of your Pokemon have pokerus. Just remember to box them after. :x
                          Pokerus would be very hard to come by on my own, right? So the only dependable way to get it would be to trade with someone who has it?
                          __________________
                          "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20


                          Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

                          Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
                            #3091    
                          Old August 28th, 2011 (12:23 AM).
                          cazzler's Avatar
                          cazzler cazzler is offline
                          Feraligatr FtW!
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2008
                            Location: Silver Mountain
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Brave
                            Posts: 504
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
                            Pokerus would be very hard to come by on my own, right? So the only dependable way to get it would be to trade with someone who has it?
                            Yep, coming across Pokerus is very rare, not as rare as a shiny if I'm correct, you will need to trade with someone in the trade corner who offers pokerus, many do, including me.
                              #3092    
                            Old August 28th, 2011 (6:04 AM). Edited August 28th, 2011 by somat.
                            somat somat is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2011
                              Location: Brisbane, Australia
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 54
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by cazzler View Post
                              Yep, coming across Pokerus is very rare, not as rare as a shiny if I'm correct, you will need to trade with someone in the trade corner who offers pokerus, many do, including me.
                              I have pokerus on my pokemon and would be happy to make a trade. btw, How do you use the Wifi Room? I tried going in with a friend overseas, and he didn't show up in the room. We've both registered each other in our Pal Pads and tried reentering the room, but it still doesn't work. Any help please?

                              Also, is there any way to make a request on the GTS for a pokemon you haven't 'seen' or a have a picture of in the pokedex?
                                #3093    
                              Old August 28th, 2011 (6:58 AM).
                              RiceMenPT RiceMenPT is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2011
                                Location: Portugal , Porto
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Gentle
                                Posts: 22
                                Can someone tell me where is the best spot(or pokemon) to improve Sp Atk on my EV pokemon ?
                                And speed to please .
                                __________________
                                My White FC : 2623 4366 3947
                                  #3094    
                                Old August 28th, 2011 (7:05 AM).
                                Forever's Avatar
                                Forever Forever is offline
                                Merry Scragmas!
                                • Moderator
                                • Crystal Tier
                                • Social Media
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2005
                                Location: Queensland
                                Age: 25
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Bold
                                Posts: 35,774
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by RiceMenPT View Post
                                Can someone tell me where is the best spot(or pokemon) to improve Sp Atk on my EV pokemon ?
                                And speed to please .
                                For spA, go to Celestial Tower, everything you fight = spA evs.
                                Aaand for speed, go to route 3, you'll find Basculin & Blitzle there as well as Woobat in the cave nearby. :)
                                __________________


                                Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
                                You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
                                A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

                                  #3095    
                                Old August 28th, 2011 (8:44 AM).
                                jkbutler's Avatar
                                jkbutler jkbutler is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2011
                                  Location: TN
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Modest
                                  Posts: 6
                                  This isn't a trade request, its just a question.
                                  Is it possible to trade a scyther to white early in the game? Im on my way to get my 4th badge, and id really like to level up and play with a scyther as I go the storyline in white.
                                  I was just wondering if it was possible because on my gf's soulsilver I traded her all her level 30+ Pokemon from her sapphire and she was only on her 6th badge. I dont want to wait until I can poke transfer because that kind defeats the purpose of me wanting to go through the storyline with the scyther.
                                    #3096    
                                  Old August 28th, 2011 (8:48 AM).
                                  Forever's Avatar
                                  Forever Forever is offline
                                  Merry Scragmas!
                                  • Moderator
                                  • Crystal Tier
                                  • Social Media
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2005
                                  Location: Queensland
                                  Age: 25
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Bold
                                  Posts: 35,774
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by jkbutler View Post
                                  This isn't a trade request, its just a question.
                                  Is it possible to trade a scyther to white early in the game? Im on my way to get my 4th badge, and id really like to level up and play with a scyther as I go the storyline in white.
                                  I was just wondering if it was possible because on my gf's soulsilver I traded her all her level 30+ Pokemon from her sapphire and she was only on her 6th badge. I dont want to wait until I can poke transfer because that kind defeats the purpose of me wanting to go through the storyline with the scyther.
                                  If someone with Black and White has a Scyther, then yes, but any other games, you cannot til post-game. The quick trade thread can be useful for that, so you could try and see if anyone will help you out there.
                                  __________________


                                  Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
                                  You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
                                  A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

                                    #3097    
                                  Old August 28th, 2011 (9:06 AM).
                                  Weavile05's Avatar
                                  Weavile05 Weavile05 is offline
                                  Currently Hacking BW
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2010
                                    Location: North Carolina
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Lax
                                    Posts: 1,431
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by jkbutler View Post
                                    This isn't a trade request, its just a question.
                                    Is it possible to trade a scyther to white early in the game? Im on my way to get my 4th badge, and id really like to level up and play with a scyther as I go the storyline in white.
                                    I was just wondering if it was possible because on my gf's soulsilver I traded her all her level 30+ Pokemon from her sapphire and she was only on her 6th badge. I dont want to wait until I can poke transfer because that kind defeats the purpose of me wanting to go through the storyline with the scyther.
                                    I reckon it's possible to get one through the dream world. It'll probably take a lot of Dream Points though.
                                    __________________
                                    In progress

                                    Hoenn, 1 Badge
                                    My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
                                    Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
                                      #3098    
                                    Old August 29th, 2011 (10:55 AM).
                                    xXJumboShrimpXx xXJumboShrimpXx is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2011
                                      Nature: Relaxed
                                      Posts: 309
                                      I can't figure out how to trade and or battle with somebody on pkmn white. (Not with somebody in the same room, i mean in another state)
                                      I know you go to the poke-center but which of the 3 "doors" do I go to?
                                        #3099    
                                      Old August 29th, 2011 (11:01 AM).
                                      Perriechu's Avatar
                                      Perriechu Perriechu is offline
                                      no more sad songs
                                      • Gold Tier
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2009
                                      Location: England
                                      Age: 21
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Modest
                                      Posts: 4,109
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by xXJumboShrimpXx View Post
                                      I can't figure out how to trade and or battle with somebody on pkmn white. (Not with somebody in the same room, i mean in another state)
                                      I know you go to the poke-center but which of the 3 "doors" do I go to?
                                      You speak to the middle person. They will allow you to go into Wifi. If you have never been in before; they'll connect you to your Wifi and then you'll leave. That's when you get your Friend Code etc..
                                      __________________
                                      twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149
                                        #3100    
                                      Old August 29th, 2011 (6:59 PM).
                                      xXJumboShrimpXx xXJumboShrimpXx is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2011
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 309
                                        How do I figure out how many Ev's my pokemon have, I know what EVs are but I just can't seem to figure out how many I have.
                                        Closed Thread

                                        Quick Reply

                                        Join the conversation!

                                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                        Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                        Sponsored Links
                                        Thread Tools

                                        Posting Rules
                                        You may not post new threads
                                        You may not post replies
                                        You may not post attachments
                                        You may not edit your posts

                                        BB code is On
                                        Smilies are On
                                        [IMG] code is On
                                        HTML code is Off

                                        Forum Jump


                                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:57 AM.