• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?pc Is Back With New Features!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
How are you all, dudes?

Here comes my second topic about POK?PC! It's a continuation of the topic I posted last year, but this one is more advanced and complicated!

1-What is POK?PC?
box.png
POK?PC is a POK?MON RPG engine made in a pure programming language, and a self-dependant programmed toolkit. Programming language used in POK?PC is Visual Basic. This is a DirectX enhanced engine.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT MADE USING RM2K OR ANY OTHER TOOLS!

2-What is current version of POK?PC?
It's version 1.5.0.0 and newer versions will be added later.

3-What are the new features in POK?PC?
->Added a custom fontset.
->Script-driven actions are now supported.
->Started in programming wild POK?MON battling system.
->In-game animations (non behaviours of tiles) are supported.
->Forelayer of tiles overlapping the sprites.
->Map border like trees or running waves is supported.

4-Screenshots from the engine :
pokepc15.png
pokepc13.png

pokepc08.png
pokepc16.png

What should I post in my reply?
->Your windows type (XP/ME).
->FPS you see while running the engine (i.e. the number you see up in the screen while you are running the engine).
->Your rating for the engine (0 to 10)
->Your personal opinion and suggestions for the engine (feel free! :classic: )
->If an error occured, DON'T POST IT! Instead PM me.

5-Where can I download the engine?
You can download current version from HERE or HERE.

Major Update (1.5.0.0):
1- Supported map connections finally!
2- Different walking modes like running mode.
3- Supported map wraps and gamma fading methods.
4- Fixed speed issues.
5- Wild POK?MON battle finally!
6- Main menu is now available.
7- Tile animation speed issue fixed.
8- New bonus map (LEGEND ISLANDS).

Waiting for your replies................... :rambo: :rambo:

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I suggest you use a better host because Lycos is poor and unreliable. Sounds like you've made great progress though, I'd love to test it out.

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Thanks for your replies, dude!
Links were fixed!

Feel free now to test it!

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
Hmm... the demo ran smooth, although I couldn't move anywhere else besides the town. :D

Just some things...
1. The controls (with arrows) are a bit weird. If you are, say, moving up, and you hold the right key with moving up, then letting go of the up key, you can't move right. Instead, you'll have to press and hold one key at a time...
2. When you use the action key, the words just pop up, instead of doing the letter by letter effect.
3. You can stand on doors.

Otherwise, very neat. 7/10 :)

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
I really didn't like the movement system at all... its horrible... fix that and it'll be fine :)

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Jeff_PKLight said:
Hmm... the demo ran smooth, although I couldn't move anywhere else besides the town. :D

Just some things...
1. The controls (with arrows) are a bit weird. If you are, say, moving up, and you hold the right key with moving up, then letting go of the up key, you can't move right. Instead, you'll have to press and hold one key at a time...
2. When you use the action key, the words just pop up, instead of doing the letter by letter effect.
3. You can stand on doors.

Please it's only version 0.4!!
These missing things you are talking about are still in make!
Remember that I offer extra programming not using RPG Makers!! :D
Maybe I was bit busy in programming the new tools for programming sphere, and adding new features to the map editor scripts! :classic:

Raccoon said:
I really didn't like the movement system at all... its horrible... fix that and it'll be fine.

What's horrible in it? You didn't explain enough!

Superiority said:
Umm..why is the site in chinese??

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
The site isn't in Chinese! That has no relation to our topic!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: Please don't go off the topic! Please post your reply as following!!
ExtraOrdinary said:
->FPS you see while running the engine (i.e. the number you see up in the screen while you are running the engine).
->Your personal opinion and suggestions for the engine (feel free! )

Please follow these steps or don't reply at all!
But make sure that the engine is still under development!!

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
->Your personal opinion and suggestions for the engine (feel free! )

I did the 0 to 10 one...

Jeff_PKLight said:
Otherwise, very neat. 7/10 :)

Also, I was just trying to tell you things to fix. ;)

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
I would like to post the steps, but I can't figure out how to download it. Your direct-link doesn't work because Lycos doesn't support direct-linking.

True, the site isn't in Chinese. It's in Arabic. I can still get a general idea where to go, by looking at the link targets, but that's it. In the programs section, it isn't listed. I'm at a loss.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
My computer shuts down every time I try and run the program. Weird.

Illusion

RMXP game maker
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
Daegon_Kimeron said:
It's strange me too, when t asks me if I'm using winxp...Screens look nice.
Pokemaster_shiny

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Daegon_Kimeron said:

In fact, it's not shutting down man! It's just loading the data but in a black window. So, we may have thinked of Shut Down :D

Other questions are n00bish, so I won't reply as I said "If an error occured, you MUST send a PRIVATE MESSAGE to me"!!! :chinese:

Illusion

RMXP game maker
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
My comp really shuts down, i have to push the power button to start it up again..(It always shuts down when I'm trying to run a program it doesn't like..)
Pokemaster_shiny

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Okay, as requested by you:

->Your windows type (XP/ME). XP
->FPS you see while running the engine (i.e. the number you see up in the screen while you are running the engine). 64 FPS
->Your rating for the engine (0 to 10) I think it's too early in development to give a fair rating.
->Your personal opinion and suggestions for the engine: There didn't seem to be much there, just talking to a few NPC's. I was expecting to see some kind of early battle system since you listed it as one of the things you'd been working on.

outlaw

The Dark One
Years
->Your windows type (XP/ME). XP
->FPS you see while running the engine (i.e. the number you see up in the screen while you are running the engine). 60 FPS
->Your rating for the engine (0 to 10) I can't give it a rating since not much happens yet
->Your personal opinion and suggestions for the engine: It was just 2 maps of talking to NPCS there werea few buildings that you couldn't go in. You should work on it more before you release another version

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 11, 2011
I think it's great that your doing this. Vb, while considered an easy language to learn, is ALOT harder to work with than the rpg maker series. Anyone who criticizes ExtraOrdinary's work needs to ask themselves "Could I do this ?" The majority of you will answer "NO I can't, I'm too useless and lazy to learn how to." Constructive criticizm, Im sure is appreciated but not blunt remarks like:

Raccoon said:
I really didn't like the movement system at all... its horrible
Anyways on a lighter note, ExtraOrdinary keep up the good work, I'll be following closely, this looks like a project thats actually going to be finished :classic: Good luck !

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
sphereslayer said:
I think it's great that your doing this. Vb, while considered an easy language to learn, is ALOT harder to work with than the rpg maker series. Anyone who criticizes ExtraOrdinary's work needs to ask themselves "Could I do this ?" The majority of you will answer "NO I can't, I'm too useless and lazy to learn how to." Constructive criticizm, Im sure is appreciated but not blunt remarks like:

Anyways on a lighter note, ExtraOrdinary keep up the good work, I'll be following closely, this looks like a project thats actually going to be finished :classic: Good luck !
I only now realized that there are still good people in this world!

As you said, Constructive criticizm! That's it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back