• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I want to change the sprite of the playable character, but know nothing about making custom characters or how to change the set sprite.

Even a point in the right dirrection would be nice, thanks!
If you want backsprite, you need to use Tile Molester or maybe Nameless Sprite Editor...
If you want to change OW, use NSE or Overworld Editor.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I've inserted a new wild grass tile for Pokemon encounters in my ROM hack, yet when I step on the grass, I don't actually encounter any wild Pokemon. :( Yes, I've set the behavior data to "Grass Animation (Pokemon)", and the wild Pokemon encounter ratio correctly. The animation and everything else works perfectly, though. I haven't inserted the grass tile directly on top of the old one, though, I inserted it in another space in the tileset. Any idea why I can't encounter Pokemon?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I've inserted a new wild grass tile for Pokemon encounters in my ROM hack, yet when I step on the grass, I don't actually encounter any wild Pokemon. :( Yes, I've set the behavior data to "Grass Animation (Pokemon)", and the wild Pokemon encounter ratio correctly. The animation and everything else works perfectly, though. I haven't inserted the grass tile directly on top of the old one, though, I inserted it in another space in the tileset. Any idea why I can't encounter Pokemon?

Is the tile's background byte set to 01? That is what causes you to get into wild encounters in the first place.

Years
Give item on sight

How do I write a script where a person stops the player on sight to give them an item and then a message is said? If you watch the video you will notice I moved the script boxes for prof. oak so he obviously won't come directly to the player so I need a script that will bring him to the player and have the player follow him to the lab as you can see in the picture following the yellow line

Attachments

• 20120219_1315_10.avi
    6.7 MB · Views: 1
  • pallet town.jpg
    pallet town.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
I'm in the process of making my first hack. (been working on it for a couple months now.) I have a question with rock smash. I noticed all the scripts in Advance Map for the rocks were the same so I copied one and went on my way adding rock along certain routes where I wanted them. My problem is after using rock smash on the rock, it comes right back up (doesn't stay smashed) the player is still able to walk on it and off. So I guess it isn't a major problem. But why is this?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I'm in the process of making my first hack. (been working on it for a couple months now.) I have a question with rock smash. I noticed all the scripts in Advance Map for the rocks were the same so I copied one and went on my way adding rock along certain routes where I wanted them. My problem is after using rock smash on the rock, it comes right back up (doesn't stay smashed) the player is still able to walk on it and off. So I guess it isn't a major problem. But why is this?

You may have noticed something called the "Person ID" in Advance Map. When you click on a person event, it pulls up everything about them. Immediately below the script offset, you'll see Person ID. This basically controls if the person is permanently hidden or not. Rock Smash boulders have to have a value inputted into this. In the original games, these can be any numbers from 11 to 1F. Cut trees use the same concept. Also, each Rock Smash boulder and Cut tree that is on the same map must have a different Person ID. This basically means that you can have a maximum of 15 Cut trees and/or Rock Smash rocks. So, putting one of those numbers in the Person ID should take care of the problem.

Kaioken

FireRed
Years
Hey does anyone know where I can get recoloured Pokemon sprites such as the 'shadow' Lugia on Youtube, I've been looking for a while now, but all I can seem to find is hacked Trainer sprites which isn't really what I'm looking for.

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
The Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends thread is closed but most of you have probably played it so I have a question: In Thin Forest, I feel like there might be with the more or the emulator, because I keep running into shinies. I have found two shiny Starly, six shiny Cherubi, and a shiny Munchlax as well as a shiny Horsea. It hasn't happened anywhere else, only there?

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x1003
if 0x0 goto 0x8804B82
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x804B82
lock
msgbox 0x8804BB5 MSG_NORMAL '"Excuse me, Sir. I need to tell you..."
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8804BE5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8804BEE MSG_NORMAL '"Good morning sir. Todays agenda\ns..."
setflag 0x82F
setflag 0x829
special 0x181
setvar 0x407C 0x1
setflag 0x1003
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x804BB5
= Excuse me, Sir. I need to tell you\nsomething.

#org 0x804BEE
= Good morning sir. Todays agenda\nstarts with your training with the\lMaster Guardsmen. Also your\lpackage arrived today, here you\lgo.\pObtain a Pokedex.\pObtained Running Shoes

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x804BE5
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x1 'Face Up
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

For some reason, even though the pokedex appears, I cannot click on it i.e it's not activated even though I used the special 0x181 command.

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Hi, I have a very small question:

Is it possible to make pokémon in the wild extremely rare? If I only use them one time in the Wild Pokémon Tab in A-Map, they are still very common. In the official games, however, some are really hard to find.

Thanks in advance for answers.
Reygok

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Before I answer questions, I have to ask mine first: Does anyone know the offset where the amount of money the player has is stored? I need to know if I can just grab something from the memory, or if I have to create a custom script to figure that out. Now, answers

For some reason, even though the pokedex appears, I cannot click on it i.e it's not activated even though I used the special 0x181 command.

Which version are you hacking? I've never seen Special 0x181 used before, but I'm hacking Firered, so that might be why.

Hi, I have a very small question:

Is it possible to make pokémon in the wild extremely rare? If I only use them one time in the Wild Pokémon Tab in A-Map, they are still very common. In the official games, however, some are really hard to find.

Thanks in advance for answers.
Reygok

In the version of A-map I own, it has a list of the percentages next to the wild Pokemon slots. But if yours doesnt, for the grass Pokemon, the percentages are 20%, 20%, 10%, 10%, 10%, 10%, 5%, 5%, 4%, 4%, 1%, 1%, from the top of the list to the bottom, respectively. There's no real way to make something appear in less than 1% of all wild battles.

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
How do I write a script where a person stops the player on sight to give them an item and then a message is said? If you watch the video you will notice I moved the script boxes for prof. oak so he obviously won't come directly to the player so I need a script that will bring him to the player and have the player follow him to the lab as you can see in the picture following the yellow line
You can't request for a script to be made for you but it was good that you ask "How" first. :) If you need to learn how to script you can learn from Diego's Scripting Tutorial for XSE. There should be sections for you to understand what to do.

does anyone have a list of fanfares?
I'm guessing you mean the sounds of the ROM, correct? Well there is a documentation of the sounds here.

Hey does anyone know where I can get recoloured Pokemon sprites such as the 'shadow' Lugia on Youtube, I've been looking for a while now, but all I can seem to find is hacked Trainer sprites which isn't really what I'm looking for.
Well if you are looking specifically for the Shadow Lugia then you can find then anywhere on Google or DeviantArt like this.
If you are trying to refer to "shiny" pokemon you can find many at The Spriter's Resource or also on Google.

Kaioken

FireRed
Years
That would be perfect, although I'm looking for the sprites to insert into my Pokemon Black game, any idea how it's done?

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
That would be perfect, although I'm looking for the sprites to insert into my Pokemon Black game, any idea how it's done?
If you are referring to the Pokemon Black for DS then there will be some complications. Not many tools have been made for it and editing pokemon sprites in it is complicated. Especially since they are animated.

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
In the version of A-map I own, it has a list of the percentages next to the wild Pokemon slots. But if yours doesnt, for the grass Pokemon, the percentages are 20%, 20%, 10%, 10%, 10%, 10%, 5%, 5%, 4%, 4%, 1%, 1%, from the top of the list to the bottom, respectively. There's no real way to make something appear in less than 1% of all wild battles.

Ahh thank you man, that's useful. In my versioun these percentages are not shown, but that's exactly what I meant, thanks :)

And just out of curiousity, which version do you have? Mine is 1.92, and I was told it's the latest one ??

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Ahh thank you man, that's useful. In my versioun these percentages are not shown, but that's exactly what I meant, thanks :)

And just out of curiousity, which version do you have? Mine is 1.92, and I was told it's the latest one ??

There has been a beta for 1.95 out for a while now. It doesn't have a world map editor at this point, but there are several other features that differentiate it from 1.92. Check it out if you want to see what you can do with it.

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Thanks DrFuji :)

I have a new question, I can't get nicknaming to work.
I tried "call 0x1A74EB" from diegoisawesome's tutorial, but the game just freezes there. Then I tried special 0x166, but here my pokémon is not shown in the name editing screen. I presume this needs additional variables for selecting which pokémon has the name changed?

And I have huge problems with flags, the ones I use don't work, i tried 5000, 7000, 8000. Which ones are completely safe?

Thanks in advance,
Reygok

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
I have a question which came in my mind yesterday.is it possible to play hacks online? I want to play pokemon b/w online and I am playing Blaze Black(a b/w hack),so can I just play online with normal b/w players even though I play a hack??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back