• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ambient

Should Ambient Include A Third Type To Each Pokémon?

• Yes, because Beedrill or Dustox would be Bug / Poison / Flying

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, because Pokémon only need two Types / other reasoning.

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
SereneAmbience said:
Considerable.... Expect I believe in what's not baroque, then don't fix it. I wanted the classic Pokémon story elements: the cheesy antagonist, the single rival, all Pokémon obtainable, etc. It's like the best Pokémon Red & Blue, but changing the concept and theme to make a great game! As actors do when the go on stage and re-create a scene by changing setting and subtext, but still it's the great basic show.

I respect that. Getting back to simple classic is always an option, and you still have your own ideas to add, so it keeps being interesting.
My recomendation for the sprites and tropical Pokémon: Talk with dragonfly_dust, or check out some of her recolors here. They're pretty good and look like some Orange Island/First Movie clone's designs, with patters and stuff.
Oh, and other thing, there's a purple pixel in weedle's nose. Probably because it's supposed to be white (I think).

SereneAmbience

Founder of Pokémon Ambient
Years
Oh, and other thing, there's a purple pixel in weedle's nose. Probably because it's supposed to be white (I think).
And I still make mistakes.. xP

I fixed the pixel. (Face-palm) I actually plan to do the Pokémon sprites by myself... but with criticism and feedback. I want to incorporate some of these ideas: Variant Pokémon

Especially the Arbok concept. =D

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years

Pokemon Ambient/Pokemon X and Y (custom) Wild Pokemon Encounter Theme. I'VE DONE IT GUYS!

Oh and that too. It can be a city or a route theme. City would be better. Just a preview. Btw, would posting a post at 'Team Discussions' (Emulation forum) find us more members? It's pretty active there and we're basically a hack-like game just like them.

Last edited:

SereneAmbience

Years
Wow. I love the battle theme.... familiar, but still unique, which is all Ambient needs.
The town/city theme really matches what I'm looking for in Tricott Town, the beginning hometown feel. I would say it needs strings mirroring the piano to make it also concerto. Cities would need a faster tempo, as busy or bouncy or quick. I was on your YouTube channel.. your City of Tranquility and City of Souls have elements of the Serene ambiance that I was talking to you about earlier. That Ambient music must be present (not to stress it) in almost all the songs. The classic Pokémon feel is also the key objective, but ambient is numero uno. Study around, listen to Unwavering Emotions (B&W), mystery dungeon songs (Time Gear [EofSky]), Pokémon Snap/Battle Revolution/Colosseum all have elements in their music.

Btw, would posting a post at 'Team Discussions' (Emulation forum) find us more members? It's pretty active there and we're basically a hack-like game just like them.
I posted on this Game Development Team Recruitment thread..... We aren't really emulating, but rather just game-creating/gamemaker engineered. I am trying to find more members, but it is like swimming without knowing Surf...

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Well, I believe I have offered my help on the first page, the offer still stands ;) if you need any maps done, or help with implementing new move effects, or any other planning or design issue, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
I'm pretty sure I haven't posted on here yet, so I wish you good luck. You are such a good composer,Fenne-kun! Serene Ambiance, you are so lucky to such a good composer! I'm jealous!

SereneAmbience

Years
Well, I believe I have offered my help on the first page, the offer still stands ;) if you need any maps done, or help with implementing new move effects, or any other planning or design issue, I'd be happy to lend a hand.
"implementing new move effects" ... hmmm ... I do have a list of compiled moves that I want present in Pokémon Ambient and could use your help! I'll pm you about it!!

I'm pretty sure I haven't posted on here yet, so I wish you good luck. You are such a good composer,Fenne-kun! Serene Ambiance, you are so lucky to such a good composer! I'm jealous!
I totally agree. I was scrolling through YouTube looking at fan made Pokémon music and happen to come across Fenne-kun. I fell in the love with the City songs and just had to ask for co-operation. There was no second guessing! =D

*Custard*

The Girl that Loves Custard
Years
SereneAmbience Nice story! My brother I think can help u in multiple regions because he helped me in making Hoenn He is done till Route 102 Anyways I am supporting you!

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Thank you for your compliments guys :P I didn't know that composers were rare around here xD Are they?

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Well, I just have no idea how to compose or whatever, so I just thought those songs were worth a million bucks. (Not Literally)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Thank you for your compliments guys :P I didn't know that composers were rare around here xD Are they?

I think they are about as rare as script developers, I can't find one hahaha
but is truly an amazing talent to have to compose great works like yours!

also, incase it hasn't been pretty clear, I support you, Ambience! good luck with your game, when I finish all my commissions I'll look into helping you

SereneAmbience

Years
Speaking of supporters... =D

My brother I think can help u in multiple regions because he helped me in making Hoenn He is done till Route 102 Anyways I am supporting you!
I have tagged you as a support, my friend. Good luck and I will keep you and him in mind when that time comes for later regions.

also, incase it hasn't been pretty clear, I support you, Ambience! good luck with your game, when I finish all my commissions I'll look into helping you
Well, Saving Raven, if you look under Hire, then Supporter your title is among the greatest. I am awaiting for the moment you have time to spare. Keep well!

For some updated news on my current progress... xP
I have looked into new custom attacks that I want implemented into Ambient. With the existing 559 moves, I have calculated (CURRENTLY AS OF NOW) 254 new and exciting move concepts, based from TCG/Anime/Manga/SuperSmashBros./MysteryDungeon. Also thoughts of many new Shadow-type moves. I have also created from scratch 17 unique moves ideas!!

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
For some updated news on my current progress... xP
I have been looking into new custom attacks that can be implemented into Ambient. With existing 559 moves, I have calculated (CURRENTLY AS OF RIGHT NOW) 254 new and exciting move concepts, based from TCG/Anime/Manga/SuperSmashBros./MysteryDungeon. Also thoughts of many new Shadow-type moves. I have also created from scratch 17 unique moves ideas!!

Well, if you could pm me some of the effects, I could get started on actually implementing them!

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
I'm glad to see that the game's progressing pretty well! Ambience, I'd like to know how everything's going right now. As in the Mapping department, the scripting Department and all that.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
This is an excellent idea and I would help with it but I currently have no computer at home to do so and also a lack of team/coding experience. I have basic abilities with coding which I was expanding upon but currently I will be unable to...

Otherwise it's and excellent idea and hopefully more people will jump on it because it seems like a game I've been waiting for.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Sometimes I wonder if Ambience needs a co-host for the thread/site management and other matters XD //wantstohelp

Can you elaborate on what you can do, dcjboi? Anything you want to specify on when it comes to coding? What would you be able to do? ^^

Go Ambient! If our boss manages to convince more YT legends to join the music creation team this thing is going to be amazing.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Hey yo, I have a specialty in mapping, and sortta advertising, I might help on mapping, but I need to see your mapping skills and styles. I'm still otherwise busy, so I'll have to see if you really need help.

SereneAmbience

Years
I'm glad to see that the game's progressing pretty well! Ambience, I'd like to know how everything's going right now. As in the Mapping department, the scripting Department and all that.
Those departments are now operated by myself alone... sadly. However I'm looking into some mappers and tile creators on Deviant Art!

Otherwise it's and excellent idea and hopefully more people will jump on it because it seems like a game I've been waiting for.
Thank you, dcjboi! This a dream that I have been waiting to present!

Well, if you could pm me some of the effects, I could get started on actually implementing them!
I am pming you to share the Google Spreadsheet I have compiled. =D I really need your help with moves information also.

Sometimes I wonder if Ambience needs a co-host for the thread/site management and other matters XD //wantstohelp

Go Ambient! If our boss manages to convince more YT legends to join the music creation team this thing is going to be amazing.
Seriously I'm thinking about a Vice-Director position... xP
I decided I needed to look towards those who have experience with projects, especially composers and tile creators and scripters... I've been rejected by a few now, but with hope there is light! I'm sure we will have a great team soon!

Last edited:

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Those departments are currently operated by myself alone... sadly.

Do you need help with that or are you still fine? What do we need the most right now? I'd just like to know more details about our current condition and progress :) Either way I'm just gonna keep composing xD

Seriously I'm thinking about a Vice-Director position... xP

OOOOOOH~~~~~~~~

SereneAmbience

Years
Do you need help with that or are you still fine? What do we need the most right now? I'd just like to know more details about our current condition and progress :) Either way I'm just gonna keep composing xD

As of now, I will to fill in information about the towns/routes/locations. I'm getting distracted, because I'm making the Gen5-style world map and looking for tiles to use to start mapping. Arma and I are going to start working on the moves and attacks. Also on my breaks I've been working on the Pokémon sprites.
As I keep mentioning for some reason, we have time. The team is small so when don't need to rush anything, but instead have fun doing what we love which is making Pokémon material! The game's total progress is probably below 10% completed, but still we are just starting out. We need to really just have fun and look towards the final goal (and my dream) of making Ambient an amazing game for Essentials! =D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back