• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Garnet Version~

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
We discussed a bit about that, but we thought it would be quite unnecessary and heavy to develop. But... if you would like to catch some screens while battling, there it is still the print screen option which will allow everyone to save a PNG file, even in battles. ^^

And now, i made some tests with recording software for Garnet trailers. What i ask you is if you would be satisfied with this quality (both video and sound):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmPsut1W-jI

A real in-game screenshot is this:
fog_test___teahouse_by_hydrargirium-d30qlqd.png

Nice tea-and-music trailer! I love the attention to detail in it, especially present with the owner's French dialogue (threw me for a loop at first) and the pianist and his overworld sprite! :cer_love: The video quality seems fine... I heard the text-scrolling beeps, but no music...? :\ Is it supposed to sound like that?

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
I love it so much tht i wanna hug it everyday.. :) <3
Wen will it be finished?? :D XD

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Please keep in mind, keshavkd, that asking for a release date is strictly against the rules of this section. Be sure to go over them before posting again, alright?

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2010
This is now my favorite and most watched thread. Added you to my signature!! Can't wait for the demo!!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
skycraft_floating_ruins_by_hydrargirium-d31kbu1.png

Mirage Pinnacle's Top

A miracle made of rock is bound to show a whole new -and way bigger and more mysterious- marvel.
Floating in the air, the beast of iron, clay and arcane, casts its shadow on the Earth. Silence and clouds conceal this wonder of the past in a veil of fog.

Deep inside a cold heart seeks judgement, its omniscient gaze, headed to the landscapes, filled of nothing.
It is the Law, the Judge of man.

Last edited:

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
Years

Mirage Pinnacle's Top

A miracle made of rock is bound to show a whole new -and way bigger and more misterious- marvel.
Floating in the air, the beast of iron, clay and arcane, casts its shadow on the Earth. Silence and clouds conceal this wonder of the past in a veil of fog.

Deep inside a cold heart seeks judgement, its omniscient gaze, headed to the landscapes, filled of nothing.

Oh, god, my eyes...I just love the screenshoot, and I love even more the story behind it (I think something in final fantasy-style, right?)

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
The graphics impress as usual. As a fan, I would like to know more about the progress of other parts of the game as well to get a better sense of where the game is in terms of development. I'm sure I am not the only one who is anxiously anticipating this release, and, given how many projects dwindle, some reassurance on the other fronts would be much appreciated.

Keep up the awesome work.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

Mirage Pinnacle's Top

A miracle made of rock is bound to show a whole new -and way bigger and more misterious- marvel.

Intriguing...you know those wooden signboards you find occasionally in the games? That ^ description should be on one of them right before you enter the location. :cer_nod: Or, it could be a legend told by one of the NPCs...

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Whoa

Mirage Pinnacle's Top

Holy...wow. AMAZING graphics. As good-or better than-BW graphics. Gamefreak could learn a thing or two from this game ;)

Good luck upon its completion :)

Liraxus

Local Douchebag
Years

Mirage Pinnacle's Top

HOLY HANDBASKETS.

Who makeh de spritez needz de gold!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years

Mirage Pinnacle's Top

The graphics in that screen are beautiful... but I can't help but notice the... err... purple hue to the story behind it, I think it might work better if you stated outright what kind of thing was sheltered there, and not use a lot of words that only serve to confuse.

(And 'mysterious' and 'judgment' are misspelled.)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
(And 'mysterious' and 'judgment' are misspelled.)

Oh, thank you for the grammar tips. As i'm italian i often (too often) make such grammatical mistakes. ^^
By the way, i found "Judgement" through the net, not Judgment... i mean, with "e". Wikipedia (i hope it doesn't count as spam) has "JudgEment". I've mispelled mysterious. XD
The graphics in that screen are beautiful... but I can't help but notice the... err... purple hue to the story behind it, I think it might work better if you stated outright what kind of thing was sheltered there, and not use a lot of words that only serve to confuse.

cuius rei lubet simulator ac dissimulator
Sallustio says that in his "Bellum Catilinae".
Catilina was able to hide the truth and make the false trustworthy.

I'm not Catilina, and i'm not evil, but my games show my world and the real world tends to chaos. If i have a world to show, i want it to be confused.
I want the player to put together the scattered pieces of a puzzle, not to make him read a novel.
Are you confused? That's great. So you may want to play the game to see if you can manage to put the pieces together. Or if you don't want to do it, then you're not confused. You simply do not care at what i'm saying...
Confusion is noble, and more real than order...

So, i'll let you play with my "neat and confused" world, but do not ask me to tell you all the truth. You'll have, first of all to find yourself a meaning, and then tear it down again, and refind it again, again and again.

You'll find yourself in my world. I hope seriously to make you feel it as true as far as I can.
And why telling you such an important thing that involves that place today?
It won't make sense.

For now i'm throwing you bits, or pieces. You have to make yourself an idea of what garnet is and then play it and see if you were right.
I can tell you all the story if you want. Nintendo does, sometimes. But i think that's stupid, and that this method pampers the player...

And i hate storylines. Events are not a line. The word itself screeches.

And as i'm working mainly to locations now, that's what i can show to you.
When scripts will be done, i'll make various videos and promos, sure.

But the story goes different.
I won't let you see anything except some characters and a cinematic intro.
Then you'll have to wait me to finish my world. :)

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
A thing most people tend to forget is that Garnet is far from a standard pokemon game. Giving away the storyline takes away from every other aspect in the game since it is a plot driven game as opposed to a classic pokemon game. Give them the plot and you take away the fun :).

It is looking great man, you know I am a huge fan of your work :). Hope all is well, we have not talked in ages haha.

bayant

master of puppets
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2011
*wipes off druel* I can't wait for this to come out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back