• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2008
You should try Advance-map. Go to Events view. Add a signpost-event. And give it the offset. Then it should work fine!
What?

I'm asking where to get the offset, to put into the box! Please tell me!

EDIT:
I see it now.

Sorry for yelling, and thanks for the help! :D

Last edited:

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
A Few Quick Questions:
1) Occasioanlly I get a problem where I can't remove connections. What is the reason for this and how can I fix it?
2) How do you change the text that is there at the start of every 'New Game' on Fire Red and Leaf Green? I'm talking about 'Welcome to the World of Pokemon' stuff which is on a Pikachu decorated notepad.
3) How do you edit the start up text? (2004 Productions Nintendo and the sorts)

Thanks!

I tried using AText but first I have to search for the Intro and then when I write anything in the Intro only the first line or two show up, then the rest is blank :(

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
We are talking about the Intro right after the controls? Not when OAk is talking BUT THE LITTLE NOTEPADDED PART?

Oh, sorry about the Caps!

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
I'll ask again, because my old post is trapped in the last page...
Can someone send me IconEd or link it to me?

Years
I'll ask again, because my old post is trapped in the last page...
Can someone send me IconEd or link it to me?

I would, but I'm not allowed to post links until I have 15 posts. -.-

EDIT: I attached it to my post for you.

Just go to the tool thread. Its in there, just stop being lazy.
(Its in the tool resource thread. Its a sticky)
I don't think he's lazy if he's been searching for hours now, do you?

I'd say you're the lazy one if you know where it is and you won't even post the link.

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2011
I've a script, but it doesn't work. I've tried to change some flags, but I don't think that's the problem because the script is in the beginning of the game (when you down the stairs into your livingroom)

Code:
#org $start
checkflag 0x202
if b_true goto $done
applymovement 0x01 $popup
pausemove 0
message $verslapen
boxset 6
applymovement 0x01 $moves
pausemove 0
message $oak
boxset 6
applymovement 0x01 $movesback
pausemove 0
setflag 0x202
release
end

#org $done
release
end

#org $verslapen
$verslapen 1 =YOU OVERSLEPT!

#org $oak
$oak 1 =I don't think Professor Brown has \nany Pok\h1Bmon left for you. \lHe might have a pok\h1Bdex for you...

#org $popup
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org $moves
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org $movesback
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE

Does anyone has an idea what's going wrong? If I walk onto it nothing happens. When I walk the second time over it the game freezes...

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
I changed ho-oh's sprite into something else and it's not a bird. When I see that pokemon ingame, it floats because it's a bird, can I somehow fix this?

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
I've got two issues, on one Script:

First is that at #org 0x802473, ScriptED shows a line of random symbols before the actual text.

Second is that when you say No, it works normally, but if you say Yes, the whole game freezes, but I don't know why because it compiles perfectly in ScriptED, and no offsets are overwriting.

Spoiler:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
i need help ith this script,every time i get the pokemon and try to leave it says "Wait,come back like" i didnt get anything.its in fire red and oak is supposed to give you pikachu.

Spoiler:

can someone please help?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
We are talking about the Intro right after the controls? Not when OAk is talking BUT THE LITTLE NOTEPADDED PART?

Oh, sorry about the Caps!

You have to tick "Special Dialog*"

I've a script, but it doesn't work. I've tried to change some flags, but I don't think that's the problem because the script is in the beginning of the game (when you down the stairs into your livingroom)

Code:
#org $start
checkflag 0x202
if b_true goto $done
pausemove 0
message $verslapen
boxset 6
pausemove 0
message $oak
boxset 6
pausemove 0
setflag 0x202
release
end

#org $done
release
end

#org $verslapen

#org $oak
$oak 1 =I don't think Professor Brown has \nany Pok\h1Bmon left for you. \lHe might have a pok\h1Bdex for you...

#org $popup
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org $moves
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org $movesback
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE
Does anyone has an idea what's going wrong? If I walk onto it nothing happens. When I walk the second time over it the game freezes...
Are you sure you changed the unknown value to 0003 and the varnumber value to 4050? I'm talking about on the script square.

I changed ho-oh's sprite into something else and it's not a bird. When I see that pokemon ingame, it floats because it's a bird, can I somehow fix this?
I believe that is being worked on and a program should be out soon.

First is that at #org 0x802473, ScriptED shows a line of random symbols before the actual text.

Second is that when you say No, it works normally, but if you say Yes, the whole game freezes, but I don't know why because it compiles perfectly in ScriptED, and no offsets are overwriting.

Spoiler:
You need #raw 0x01 0x00 after the checkitem. And don't use ScriptEd to decompile stuff, it dosn't work. Use ScriptDec or PKSV.

i need help ith this script,every time i get the pokemon and try to leave it says "Wait,come back like" i didnt get anything.its in fire red and oak is supposed to give you pikachu.

Spoiler:

can someone please help?

You need to set the flag which is set when the original script (the script which gives you bulbasaur, squirtle, charmander etc.) is run. But instead of trying to find out what it is just create your own, its pretty simple.

------------------------------------------------

What is the sound value for the jingle that is played when you get a badge, ie. right after you beat a gym leader?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023

Spoiler:

can someone please help?

Spoiler:

Code:
#org $start
checkflag 0x202
if b_true goto $done
pausemove 0
message $verslapen
boxset 6
pausemove 0
message $oak
boxset 6
pausemove 0
setflag 0x202
release
end

#org $done
release
end

#org $verslapen

#org $oak

#org $popup
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org $moves
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org $movesback
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE

this isnt a script help thread just simple question repost these in the script request thread in the scrapbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back