• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CBC's Tutoring Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Can I make a suggestion? Less tutors/teachers might actually be better. It was kinda confusing with so many different people telling you what to do. Other than that it was quite fun and I'm looking forward to the next class!
that won't be a problem if we have someone lead each subject, and post who will be, so you can pay attention to that user. that way there won't be other users repeating what <insert member> has already said.

i heard that this class was like a few hours, and i cant get on my laptop that long (stupid little bro), so i'll probably come for an hour, then have to leave, then maybe come back at the end. but ill try to stay for as long as possible and read the logs over carefully.
haha well, we didn't intend it to be that long, and we hope the next class will not be so lengthy either. the schedule was too long, and explaining the basics was very time consuming (we'll probably have a guide for the basics sometime, since it is quite easy to understand).

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
oohh, ok. but i have a question. after a class, will the log be posted in this thread or somewhere else?

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
Wish I had come to the first class, but something popped up and I couldn't. :(

Is the date for the next class ready? I want to make sure I don't miss that one as well.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
oohh, ok. but i have a question. after a class, will the log be posted in this thread or somewhere else?

It will be posted in this thread and probably linked to in the first post. :)

Wish I had come to the first class, but something popped up and I couldn't. :(

Is the date for the next class ready? I want to make sure I don't miss that one as well.

Not quite yet. We'll need some time to review what we did right and what we did wrong and how to improve on how we got everything done this last class before we figure out when the next class will be. I don't imagine it will be a long time from now, though.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2011
Student application

Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: master20

Timezone: Mountain Time Zone, USA & Canada

What do you feel you need to work on the most?- Team building

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule- I am almost always avalible but usally every other weekend i have no internet conection becues i go out of town. I would realy like to be considerd for tutoring or classes iv played pokemon since fire red but have never understood competitive battling.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
Years
Student Application

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: TheMysteryEgg
Timezone: EST, GMT-6
What do you feel you need to work on the most?
Strategy and Team Building
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?
I am available on Saturdays except tommorrow and on weekdays I am available between 6:00 and 6:45 PM, sometimes may be a bit earlier or later.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
sorry for not mentioning this earlier, but we will not be having a class this sunday due to some issues. we will most likely next weekend, however.

and the log will be posted very soon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Student Application for one-one-one tutoring

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: JVillzz
Timezone: US Eastern
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Team Building
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule: I am usually free throughout the day as of now because it is summer. Sometimes I may go out, but mostly I am free from 10 am - 1 pm and 7 pm - 11 pm.

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Just a question, when was the first class? I kept looking in the first post and I read all the way through a couple times and I never saw anything.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Just a question, when was the first class? I kept looking in the first post and I read all the way through a couple times and I never saw anything.

The log hasn't been posted yet. -kicks wolf-

It took place last Sunday. The next one will likely be on next Sunday, I'd imagine. There have been some setbacks this week.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username:MrMilftastic
Timezone:GMT+4
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Everything, I'm a complete noob
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Well I wake up at 2pm usually till about 4am will be on a vacation until Friday the 15th starting on the 11th
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I find myself to be a quick learner, especially when i love the subject I would be ecstatic if picked up for tutoring soon

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Guitar Dude
Timezone: GMT-5
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Everything
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'm pretty free right now, I'll update my schedule when the Fall Term starts.

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
Years
Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: JonnyPhoenyx
Timezone:GMT -5:00

What do you feel you need to work on the most? I stopped playing onilne when BW was released in Japan. So I would like to learn all the new moves, strategies, and competive play mechanics.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I work 9am-9pm Mon-Thursday and Friday 9am-7pm. Free Most of the weekend.
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I tend to only play with my favorite pokemon, regardless if they're outclassed or UU tier. I don't see much of a point in battling with something if you don't like it.

VeteranInTraining

Pokemon... everyday.
Years
Student, please!

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: VeteranInTraining
Timezone: UTC- 5

What do you feel you need to work on the most? - I need to start from scratch, even though I know a lot about the Pokemon, I need to know what they're going to do for my team overall. My strategies are a glass cannon at best lol.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?
-I work Mon- Fri 7:30 am until about 6 most days, but I also have a part time job 1 or two nights a week, but that varies.
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I just love Pokemon, but am pretty new to the metagame. I love strategies, setting up the perfect and unusual combos, and just having fun the way it was meant to be played. But I can become a problem for my opponent if need be :)

I am also on AIM sometimes, under the name EvilBoxMonkey :D

Last edited:

GingerTom

<--made in 5 minutes :/
Years
Hai guys,
I signed up a while ago but didn't get any info about the first class (Either that or it just swept by me at the time :/ )
Could I at least ask for the next lesson plz? I know I missed the first one but I would appriciate the help
Thanks alot :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Hai guys,
I signed up a while ago but didn't get any info about the first class (Either that or it just swept by me at the time :/ )
Could I at least ask for the next lesson plz? I know I missed the first one but I would appriciate the help
Thanks alot :)

I'm pretty sure the log from the first class will be posted soon. C: As for the second class, it will be on Sunday 10th July. I don't know what time, I'm sure someone is going to swoop in amazingly fast and tell you soon though.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I presume it will be at the same time as the last class, which was 2 pm EST.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
hmm...we were going to plan the class today, but that didn't work out well. and i'll be mostly gone tomorrow. as a result, that means we'll have to delay the second class further to next sunday, and we don't want to rush this like last time. will everyone be fine with it being on next sunday, a get-together day? it should be only one hour at most this time around, and we could include the tournaments at the end of the class for the gt one (like, add the win/loss points to it). :o thoughts?

also, once i make a few final changes, the log will be posted shortly (as in, tomorrow if i manage to get on then).

annnnd the one-on-one tutoring will be starting once the tutors are done preparing (i assume that should only take a few days?).

sorry about this guys, i've had a lot of my plate lately. ;( once i get majority of it done, this will progress a lot faster.

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Weelewi
Timezone: Britian? what ever timezone that is i don't know, sorry.
What do you feel you need to work on the most? well i have never been really good at wi-fi battles, i need help with breeding and training, like with EV's and IV's. I also need help with the likes of strategies and movesets, so alot of help is needed.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Summer holidays! so i have no school for 6 more weeks, i have training monday and thursdays, but im fine every other night, and at the weekend.

This is a great idea, I've been waiting for something like this for ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back