• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post restrictions

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Lately there have been games that require you to make x number of posts or face inactivity. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Also, you are required to make 3 posts here or else you'll be banned from the UG.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Here as in Pokecommunity, the Off-Topic Section, the Underground, Discussions or this specific thread? You didn't exactly specify.

On topic, it seems like a decent way of keeping people engaged.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I'm fine with it, but I don't like votes not counting towards the total. Some people don't even vote half the time, so that should be included.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
I've included votes in the Total in Chess Mafia.

Of course, as a new introduction, it'd need to be trialed first.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
It's both more effective and reasonable than a mandatory vote, as has been the norm in the UG since inactivity began to plague it.

If you're only posting to vote, you're not even playing the game, so that's rather pointless.

Most games I've seen outside of the UG utilize this concept. I don't think it's expecting too much of the players. Players should be expected to actually play, after all.

Back