• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
The on screen keyboard I do just fine on, it's the bluetooth one that I suck at xD

Yukari

I'm glad that I use a desktop computer... I hate using a laptop keyboard...

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I hate using cheap desktop keyboards. Modern scissor-switch laptop keyboards are very nice - quiet, and yet if you made them well, quite bouncy, and easily backlit. Bonus points for obvious key separation, too.

Cheap desktop keyboards feel mushy, and mechanical keyboards are noisy.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My laptop keyboard is decent I have a really good Microsoft split keyboard. I've had it for like seven years or so lol. Made to last.

My left mouse key on my laptop is going bad. :/ I had to switch the keys.

Yukari

I hate using cheap desktop keyboards. Modern scissor-switch laptop keyboards are very nice - quiet, and yet if you made them well, quite bouncy, and easily backlit. Bonus points for obvious key separation, too.

Cheap desktop keyboards feel mushy, and mechanical keyboards are noisy.
I never had a scissor switch keyboard. I never actually had the money. Hell, I've only had one laptop and it was a piece of crap. Note the past tense there. I'm really not up-to-date in any sense of the word... I can't even play slender the eight pages on this pc without It lagging to the point that its unplayable... but I'm starting to get off topic.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm not a fan of noisy keyboards, and I still wonder how silent these "silent" mechanical keyboards are.

And I'm using a laptop, so it'll be a long time before I ever get to own one.

Yukari

I'm not a fan of noisy keyboards, and I still wonder how silent these "silent" mechanical keyboards are.

And I'm using a laptop, so it'll be a long time before I ever get to own one.

I honestly don't mind noisy keyboards, but I does get annoying...
But I HATE those cheap keyboards, the keys feel sticky and its a real pain to type under those circumstances.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm actually kind of glad how I have a laptop instead of a desktop, to be honest. The keyboard feels really nice, compared to every non-mechanical desktop keyboard I've used before.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
We do have a desktop in our house, but you'd never see us using it though; it's old and extremely slow. It was bought back in 2002, if I remember correctly. We would've gotten ourselves a new one, but none of us like desktops.

Years
I'm all about desktops, believe it or not.. it's been a while since I've last used my laptop, now especially considering that I have my tablet now for portability.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I prefer a "fast enough" laptop since, well, it's significantly portable.

Since my laptop also tips the scales at just under 2 kg, I can also carry it around one-handed even though it's probably not a good idea to do that.

Years
My laptop is glossy and heavy to carry. I noticed yesterday in one of my classes at how everyone that had laptops out, theirs were so quiet and not making noise at all. Mine surely wouldn't be like that at this day & age haha, but it's also older than the laptops I saw out.

My laptop dates back to 2009.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Sounds like a good Ultrabook is all you need! Who knows, maybe the money that would be spent towards a 16 GB iPad Air makes it already a good way to a great Windows Ultrabook.

Thinking of trading in the old laptop and/or any old gadgets you won't miss, too?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have a desktop, which is what I'm using right now. I do kinda miss the portability of a laptop, where I can go anywhere in the house or at school and get online whenever I want. I hate having to use the computer where I can't move lmao.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
If only a gaming laptop that looks like a normal laptop and isn't an Ultrabook exists. :3

nope, premium multimedia laptops don't count

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I have a desktop, which is what I'm using right now. I do kinda miss the portability of a laptop, where I can go anywhere in the house or at school and get online whenever I want. I hate having to use the computer where I can't move lmao.

I have a desktop and an iPad. Between the two, I've never had any use for a laptop, though I do have an old netbook somewhere. :P

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I can't even have a desktop because I'd have too little desk space. Sometimes, you just gotta stay compact. I blame my multifunction printer.

Years
Fortunately for me, I have a lot of desk space, so it would be a waste for me to have a big desk without a desktop :3

And because of the fact that I don't really use my laptop anymore, a large portion of my desk usually appears empty

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I just like how everything is in a single piece for laptops. It's... neat.

The fact that they can run unplugged for hours is nice, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back