• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Plot, Planning & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garison

The Grey Waves
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
Now that I am officially gotten the idea of these types of rps, I feel like starting my own Fire Emblem Rp. The story would take place in a world similar to Elibe (the setting of Fire emblem 6 and 7) but does contain some unique classes, and the fantasy gauge is a bit higher. The story plot is that a cultic group (whose name I still have yet to come up with,) are trying to revive ancient monsterous entity known as the Warlord to bring all of the kingdoms into an eternal war with each other so that they would destroy each other, allowing them to rebuild their own world in its remains (though they appear to just be a band of threatening mercenaries until half way through the story), and five Lords from five of the kingdoms take it upon themselves to stop them.

So does anyone mlike my idea, or can it be improved in any way/should have anything added.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
Now that I am officially gotten the idea of these types of rps, I feel like starting my own Fire Emblem Rp. The story would take place in a world similar to Elibe (the setting of Fire emblem 6 and 7) but does contain some unique classes, and the fantasy gauge is a bit higher. The story plot is that a cultic group (whose name I still have yet to come up with,) are trying to revive ancient monsterous entity known as the Warlord to bring all of the kingdoms into an eternal war with each other so that they would destroy each other, allowing them to rebuild their own world in its remains (though they appear to just be a band of threatening mercenaries until half way through the story), and five Lords from five of the kingdoms take it upon themselves to stop them.

So does anyone mlike my idea, or can it be improved in any way/should have anything added.

I love that idea! I'd definitely join in on it! :)

Years

It sounds like a really cool story. I'd be curious to see the RP fleshed out and posted.

Garison

The Grey Waves
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
It feels like it has been a week since I launched my rp, and no one has joined. Does it usually take this long for people to join, and if not, is there something wrong with my rp/plot (sorry if I sound like a Mr. Impatient Pants.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It feels like it has been a week since I launched my rp, and no one has joined. Does it usually take this long for people to join, and if not, is there something wrong with my rp/plot (sorry if I sound like a Mr. Impatient Pants.)
Sometimes there just happen to be no one around who is looking for the RP you've made. Your background story for the RP is very long and detailed and perhaps that scares away more casual players? At the same time, the SU you put up as an example is very short, extremely short compared to most SUs on this site, so there is also a chance that people who read the opening post and expect something deep and well chiseled get confused when they see that short SUs are enough. This is all speculation, of course! To try and help you figure out why the RP seems empty c:

Garison

The Grey Waves
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
Sometimes there just happen to be no one around who is looking for the RP you've made. Your background story for the RP is very long and detailed and perhaps that scares away more casual players? At the same time, the SU you put up as an example is very short, extremely short compared to most SUs on this site, so there is also a chance that people who read the opening post and expect something deep and well chiseled get confused when they see that short SUs are enough. This is all speculation, of course! To try and help you figure out why the RP seems empty c:

How ironic, I thinking my story may not be detailed enough. I will try simplifying it and detailing the SU once I have time.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
How ironic, I thinking my story may not be detailed enough. I will try simplifying it and detailing the SU once I have time.

A huge story can never be that detailed if it's compact. To really build a story to it's core, and the world around it, way more words are needed. While fun to really deepen out a world, it's usually a bit boring to read. The world should be set up in a simple fashion. The core mechanics clear, and the rules of this land laid out, but from there on, everything added on it just makes the story unnecessarily bigger. What I believe to be a good way to expand on a world is to make expanding lore optional, that someone only has to read when they want to interact with it. I did it for Venice, having expanded biographies and lore in other posts for when players had to interact with those characters and monsters, and Shak and Grey Bidoof are currently doing it for Legends of Abyllia.

Years
This thread has had a great run and is full of fantastic ideas but I think that continuing to confine all this wonderful discussion to one large thread is doing this "new" space for deeper discussion an injustice.

From now on, please create a new thread to have your ideas reviewed or to ask for help with planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back