• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seismitoad/Meloetta/Exploud Round deck

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
So this is my budget deck which I think should do nicely.

Tympole (x3)
Palpitoad (x3)
Seismitoad (x3)
Meloetta EX (x2)
Whismur (x2)
Loudred (x2)
Exploud (x2)
Professor Sycamore (x4)
N (x2)
Colress (x4)
Shauna (x4)
Special Charge (x2)
Level Ball (x4)
Ultra Ball (x4)
Rare Candy (x4)
Silver Bangle (x3)
Revive (x2)
Switch (x1)
Escape Rope (x1)
Double Colorless Energy (x4)
Psychic Energy (x4)

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
Meloetta EX is an extremely soft target and since you have no energy acceleration (Max Elixir etc) you're gonna have a dreadful time getting her even remotely ready to attack. If I was against you, I'd Lysandre her out as quickly as possible for the 2x prize pay off. Expanded (where this is legal) is a very, very fast format, slow starts will not pay off.

Instead, try playing the Mew (pictured below) from fates collide. It's still a soft target but it doesn't take any time really to set up. Archie's Ace in the Hole allows you to play a Seismitoad from the discard as a basic if set up right, given Mew an attack to copy and another Rounder to power him up.

1094073.jpg

I've made a very barebones edit to your list to make the deck a bit more viable

Pokemon: 17

Mew (Fates Collide – x3)
Tympole (x4)
Seismitoad (x3)
Whismur (x3)
Loudred (x2)
Exploud (x2)

Trainers:

Professor Sycamore (x4)
N (x2)
Colress (x2)
Archie's Ace in the Hole (x3)
Special Charge (x2)
VS Seeker (x4)
Level Ball (x4)
Ultra Ball (x4)
Rare Candy (x4)
Silver Bangle (x3)
Escape Rope (x2)
Float Stone (x2)
Super Rod (x1)

Energy: 6

Double Colorless Energy (x4)
Psychic Energy (x2)

You need VS Seekers in Expanded, there is literally no decent deck that doesn't run them at even small tournament level.

Archie is there to help get you a seismitoad turn one, because trying to evolve them manually will make the Tympoles very soft targets for any player paying attention.

Round can be successful, but it needs a lot of things to go right and anyone playing Round should consider that they'll be trading off a lot more losses than wins.

Back