• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Replacing Unown and Spinda with Other Pokemon

Awan2407

I should be more active
Years
Hello,

I'm planning to replace the whole list of Pokemon in Fire Red but Unown has different alphabet forms and Spinda has those different spots forms.

How do I remove those forms in the game? I tried to find it everywhere only to find nothing.

I was going to ask for Castform as well but I know that you have to replace the normal castform sprite and and change its ability or have the same ability and replace the other weather forms in Unlz-GBA or any other sprite program. (I think)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Why not just add two extra slots and never allow Spinda and Unown to spawn? Seems like a much better solution

Awan2407

I should be more active
Years
Why not just add two extra slots and never allow Spinda and Unown to spawn? Seems like a much better solution

Eh, I guess that could work? Then you just put those two extra mons to their respective Pokedex number?

I'll try that method instead, thanks!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Ohh, I thought there were something else, but do I just remove them in a hex editor?

Well, not exactly. You'd have to do a lot of ASM to rewrite how specimens in those Pokémon Data slots use their Personality Values, or you'd need to rewrite the whole data structure. I'm sure it's relatively safe to assume you don't know how to do that at this point in time.

Awan2407

I should be more active
Years
Well, not exactly. You'd have to do a lot of ASM to rewrite how specimens in those Pokémon Data slots use their Personality Values, or you'd need to rewrite the whole data structure. I'm sure it's relatively safe to assume you don't know how to do that at this point in time.

Yeah I'm not really sure on how to do both ways.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Yeah I'm not really sure on how to do both ways.

So, to put it simply, you should just expand the number of Pokémon (ie with something like PGE) or you could use the first two slots afte Celebi in the Pokémon data. The latter is much easier and wouldn't require you to modify your INI

Back