• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Flash player wont work? I have a Nexus 7 running the same version and flash player works fine for me. ( I think you have a nexus 7 iirc)

Years
Right, I'm using a 2013 Nexus 7. I guess I just need to find a different flash apk file.. does anyone know if Adobe still has their apk builds on their website anywhere?

Years
Thanks for that Mac! XDA to the rescue as always :P

Anyways, for the new topic (title), I know it seems a bit exaggerating, but has anyone had a backup on their computer take forever?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

Anyways, for the new topic (title), I know it seems a bit exaggerating, but has anyone had a backup on their computer take forever?

A backup on my laptop with about over 500 GB of data takes about 3 or 4 hours if I include a system image.

A normal backup, thanks to the magic of differential backups, USB 3.0, and external HDDs, takes about a dozen minutes.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I never backed up my computer, I just don't see the need to since I don't really have any files that are so precious that once they are gone, its the end of the world.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I backup irreplaceable stuff to the cloud but that's about the full extent of my backing up.

Years
I'm probably going to perform my backups this week or so if I have the time to.. yes I do have valuable files on my PC at the moment so backups are a must for me :P

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I backup irreplaceable stuff to the cloud but that's about the full extent of my backing up.

For data security purposes, "backing up" things to the cloud doesn't count as a backup, especially when your cloud sync app automatically syncs. I strongly suggest that you get a sizeable external HDD and back up to that instead.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I hope to get a 4TB HDD soon so that'll be something I do. :P

Years
I managed to clean up my 1TB Seagate external HDD this morning by deleting files that I have no use for anymore, and now I have just about 3/4 of free space on it.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

I use Carbon Copy Cloner to make full disk clones of my OS X install. I love how streamlined the process is, there's no way to miss anything and if need be I can boot right off the backup drive, but they easily take 8-9 hours to complete D: I do it about once a month.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I back up every week, usually Sunday. I think weekly backups are essential and you can't predict a computer failure ;)

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I usually back up when Action Centre starts to mention it. (I have a habit of clicking the Action Centre notification icon in then notification area.)

(Also, if you're using Windows Vista and newer, take advantage of Shadow Copies/Previous Versions/File History. This is also the reason why you shouldn't disable System Protection/System Restore unless absolutely necessary. Sometimes, you can find old versions of a given file or folder without having an explicit backup of your user data.)

(One fun thing about Volume Shadow Copy: you can make a system image of a live system that way!)

Years
Most of my storage is taken up by backups and important files to me such as videos and pictures, and my music. So lots of potpourri stuff.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
iOS 7 jailbreak is out. That was rather fast compared to last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back