• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suisei no Gargantia

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
QkChBz5.png

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Suisei no Gargantia 翠星のガルガンティア

Synopsis

The story begins in the distant future in the far reaches of the galaxy. The Human Galactic Alliance has been constantly fighting for its survival against a grotesque race of beings called "Hidiaazu." During an intense battle, the young lieutenant Ledo and his humanoid mobile weapon Chamber are swallowed up into a distortion of time and space. Waking from his artificially induced hibernation, Ledo realizes that he has arrived on Earth, the planet on the lost frontier. On this planet that was completely flooded by the seas, people live in fleets of giant ships, salvaging relics from the seas' depths in order to survive. Ledo arrives on one of the fleets called Gargantia. With no knowledge of the planet's history or culture, he is forced to live alongside Amy, a 15-year-old girl who serves as a messenger aboard the Gargantia fleet. To Ledo, who has lived a life where he knows nothing but fighting, these days of peace continue to surprise him...

source: myanimelist

Information

Episodes: 13
Aired: Sunday, Apr 7, 2013 to ?
Genres: Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi

Last edited:

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
That's one of those scifi shows that I figured would be a lot of the other scifi-based anime series, but it's been sitting on my watch list. I should give it a go, I just usually glaze over things with space, and mechs now days, because I've seen so dang many of them. xD;

I like the art style / characters to this one, though. Looks interesting.

Years
It seems like an okay premise. I have to admit I'm kind of fond of those mecha stories with a serious-faced young protagonist and a happy, innocent girl foil for his character to play off, but that doesn't fill me with confidence that this show is going to tread any new ground and that's really what I'd want to see: them doing that kind of story but doing something new and different with it. Nothing from that synopsis about it stands out as a big 'no' but nothing stands out as a big 'yes' either.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
So far there's very little mech action/any action, it's more slice-of-life cutesy kinds of things. This is my second favorite show this season, after Attack on Titan.

I have noticed that some fansub groups call him Red instead of Ledo. Interesting.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
So far there's very little mech action/any action, it's more slice-of-life cutesy kinds of things. This is my second favorite show this season, after Attack on Titan.

I have noticed that some fansub groups call him Red instead of Ledo. Interesting.

Especially episode four/five. Only the first episode had a lot of mecha involvement, though there subtle hints subsequently added to each episode, bar five. It's really hardly even a mecha, haha.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It's Urobochi, I would watch even if it was crap xD (Which Urobochi cannot do btw :D)
I love the animation, it's really well done.
Story progresses interestingly in the last episodes.
And Amy is so cute~ :D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I've been enjoying Gargantia, the setting is beautiful and the premise of military-minded Ledo being dumped in a completely 'alien' world of sunshine and happiness is quite interesting. I'm not exactly satisfied with the characters though; aside from Ledo, Amy, Pinion and Ridget (after having an entire episode dedicated to her development) they all seem somewhat empty in my opinion. That being said, I'm definitely looking forward to any future developments and seeing what they get up to from day to day :P

It's Urobochi, I would watch even if it was crap xD (Which Urobochi cannot do btw :D)

He's only written the first and last episodes though... Soooooo, bloodbath at the last second anybody?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm not exactly satisfied with the characters though; aside from Ledo, Amy, Pinion and Ridget (after having an entire episode dedicated to her development) they all seem somewhat empty in my opinion. That being said, I'm definitely looking forward to any future developments and seeing what they get up to from day to day :P

Neither am I. Apart from those and maybe Bevel (Bebel? I get different translations each episode) nobody's really had much development going for them storyside, especially Bellows. I'd really like to know more about Bellows, and not just because she reminds me of Yuko Littner from Gurren Lagann. :P She seems pretty chill, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was one of those 'hard exterior to better withdraw her shameful past' characters, I really wouldn't.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hoh boy, episode nine brought out the big guns didn't it?

Spoiler:

Neither am I. Apart from those and maybe Bevel (Bebel? I get different translations each episode) nobody's really had much development going for them storyside, especially Bellows. I'd really like to know more about Bellows, and not just because she reminds me of Yuko Littner from Gurren Lagann. :P She seems pretty chill, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was one of those 'hard exterior to better withdraw her shameful past' characters, I really wouldn't.

Yeah, Bevel (I had to check his name as well) can join all of the cool kids in the 'character development pile'.

Feisty red-head with some great stonking-bazongas? Yup, that's that describes Bellows and Yoko to a T :P

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Hoh boy, episode nine brought out the big guns didn't it?
Episode Nine really murdered my feels.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
SENMETSU.

Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I thought this series was going to dissapoint me but it is pretty entertaining, I was surprised by how much I like it. It's a nice concept, almost reminds me of a fledgling Ghibli at cetain points.

Unfortunately what didn't surprise me was certain parts of the predictable plot...

Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Twist will be the fact that Chamber actually contains
Spoiler:

Episode 10

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Spoiler:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Well now that its all over there is only one question that remains unresolved...

Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I thought the series turned boring and predictable towards the end, Chamber was the only reason I kept on watching.

Back