• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Pokemon Bolting Yellow, MAH SCREENSHOT!
Here is it.
attachment.php

Hope you like ;)

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Time to share some more screenies from the upcomming version of my game:

screenshot110.png

screenshot109-1.png

These screenies show one of the new playable Pokemon, Panpour in Routes 6 and 2, respectively. You can see the new information display system in the top right corner & mini-update text in the bottom right corner of the 2nd screenie. You can also see the new type based damage in the top screenie (super effective, not-very effective, doesn't affect and critical hits etc).

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Those screens are looking pretty good. The sprites could use some work, they just look really basic, but other then that, they look decent.
I'll make sure to check your game out sometime.

Years
I am a show off, I think I am the first to code whirlpool, and the second to code rock climb.
SUGGESTION: Go on youtube, and then watch it in HD and zoom in, I forgot to do fixed screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVVl18V4jgQ

On-topic: Nice job on the Whirlpool and Rock Climb scripts :O, seen nothing but greatness when it comes to the scripts you've made ^_^

Off-topic: LOL at the MapleStory Private Servers on your Desktop xD

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
On-topic: Nice job on the Whirlpool and Rock Climb scripts :O, seen nothing but greatness when it comes to the scripts you've made ^_^

Off-topic: LOL at the MapleStory Private Servers on your Desktop xD
LOL, you play GMS? and thanks :p

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013

Love the layout. It all looks quite well done.

My only gripe is that the actual design of the look of the fight graphics (fightbox, stat boes for pokemon, etc) and their color scheme don't seem to work for me. It could be a personal preference, but maybe something a bit more sleek would help.

But that's minor, as I do love the originality of the design, and the background graphics.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
New menu for my game, Top screen is null at them minute so don't pay to much attention to it.

Not scripted by me, but I'm not telling you who it is as he get's enough hassle as it is.
Game.png

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
New menu for my game, Top screen is null at them minute so don't pay to much attention to it.

Not scripted by me, but I'm not telling you who it is as he get's enough hassle as it is.
Game.png

I know who it is... :paranoid:

Yeah, he does get enough. Though for the actual menu, I like it considerably except for the time's font. It just looks out of place in pokemon.

Last edited:

Isom

Kari Byron is still my lady.
Years
Bring on the critique!

I'm not a very good mapper, even after reading tons of tutorials on it. So I thought why not post a map of my own and let others tell me what's wrong with it, so here 'goes.
Spoiler:

This is the starting town in what I hope to be an upcoming fan-game of mine. I encourage the criticism/critique, just please be kind about it.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Bring on the critique!

I'm not a very good mapper, even after reading tons of tutorials on it. So I thought why not post a map of my own and let others tell me what's wrong with it, so here 'goes.
Spoiler:

This is the starting town in what I hope to be an upcoming fan-game of mine. I encourage the criticism/critique, just please be kind about it.

okay, here's mine

Lets start with the bad...

-When taking the snapshot, try to make sure the grid isn't over it, it hurts the actual picture.
-Its a bit open. Too much space thats just simply empty. Not a lot on the side of too open, just a bit.
-Its too, 'blocky', as in a lot of the stuff is square, rectangled shaped. Usually the best maps do what they can to avoid this, and only use it occasionally throughout a game.
-It looks like you're combining tiles from different Generations of Pokemon. This is often suggested against because of how awkward many look together.
-Paths seem very random in the town.

The good...

-Looks well made. No tile errors from what I can tell.
-For the size I believe would be best, the small ornaments around the town seem to be in a good number

Overall, the mapping skills seem pretty good, its just that the creativity and structure of the town isn't shining through as much as you'd want to.

And that's what i have to say. Take it however you'd like.

Isom

Kari Byron is still my lady.
Years
okay, here's mine

Lets start with the bad...

-When taking the snapshot, try to make sure the grid isn't over it, it hurts the actual picture.
-Its a bit open. Too much space thats just simply empty. Not a lot on the side of too open, just a bit.
-Its too, 'blocky', as in a lot of the stuff is square, rectangled shaped. Usually the best maps do what they can to avoid this, and only use it occasionally throughout a game.
-It looks like you're combining tiles from different Generations of Pokemon. This is often suggested against because of how awkward many look together.
-Paths seem very random in the town.

The good...

-Looks well made. No tile errors from what I can tell.
-For the size I believe would be best, the small ornaments around the town seem to be in a good number

Overall, the mapping skills seem pretty good, its just that the creativity and structure of the town isn't shining through as much as you'd want to.

And that's what i have to say. Take it however you'd like.

I thank you for your response, I'll work on the "blocky-ness" of it, and could you point me in the direction of some HG/SS tiles, in and outdoors?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years

Game.png
I'll praise this, for the sole reason that the lower screen is a different size to the main screen. Despite being a dual screen (which I dislike), it's still interesting by being different to all the HGSS clones people mistakenly believe is the absolute best format for a PC game. You're being different, so thumbs up to you.

Given it is a PC game, though, I think it's safe to assume there's a clock in the taskbar. Why repeat the feature here, seemingly just for the sake of filling space? Surely there's something better you can put there instead, like the map name or the Repel count or something.

I can barely tell at a glance what the menu options are, given the icons are half off-screen. I think Options and Save should be in the same area, at least (they're both meta options). Could do with a bit of a redesign, I think, but the basis is good.

Years
Bring on the critique!

Spoiler:

Look, theres not much bad at all, its actual looks very nice.. but heres my points,
Yes, it is a bit to open, but you could always just add plants, trees, npcs etc to fill that in.
To fix up the blocky-ness try make the trees more all over the place, if you get what i mean, not just in a straight line.
TBH, i like the mixture of tiles.
There is wild Pokemon grass in the starter town? Not a very good idea, what if you run into it without the Pokemon yet?, maybe just put flowers there, better option.
With the paths, there normally the made from people continually walking on them, but with yours, there just not in the right place, try make it leading from the start of the map, to each house then stop it, thats what normally every other map does.
If you don't know how to take a screenshot of the map without the gird, tell me and ill tell you how..

Thats it for now, but great job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back