• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Strange line of tiles running across title screen

code4242

Can You Crack The Code?
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
So I've been trying to use a 256/240 title screen for the past few days and keep running into the same problem. It mostly works but will have one strange line of incorrect graphics, as if it's just loading one section of the title screen image as transparent or something. Has anyone run into this, and if so, know what I'm supposed to do? I've tried messing with all sorts of title screen graphics on various backups of my ROM, and tried it on a clean ROM and it's not changing.

Note: I followed Pachell22's guide for this. If there's something more recent, I haven't been able to find it.

Here's how it's meant to look:
Spoiler:

Here's the title screen in-game:
Spoiler:

code4242

Can You Crack The Code?
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Yeah, I've definitely repointed everything I needed to (also tested with repointing things I supposedly don't need to, and not repointing things I was told to) and I've rebuilt the tilemap more than five times in two different programs and have inserted it into both my hack rom and a clean rom.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
It looks like the error is from the big Pokemon logo rather than the background. The logo is the only graphic on the highest layer of the title screen so nothing can be above it, but from your screenshot the error is overwriting it, indicating that its on the same layer. The striped lines in the error are also generally indicative of a 256 colour image not displaying properly. Not to mention, the green part of the error is the logo's transparent colour. I think that's more than enough evidence to pinpoint where the error is coming from :P

Try fiddling around with your logo's tileset/ tilemap and hopefully that will fix it. If not, could you post some screenshots of your title screen in VBA's Map and Tile viewers?

Last edited:

code4242

Can You Crack The Code?
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Ah yes, thank you for bringing up the big Pokemon sprite. I was originally just going to replace the big Pokemon sprite, and did that, which repointed it. That's likely what's messing me up, right?

I have messed around a lot with the tileset and tilemap just last night and haven't gotten much to happen. It's basically just staying as it is or I break the rom and it won't reach the title screen. (At one point I managed to stop the game from playing background music anywhere... No idea on that part.)

As for screens of the tile viewer:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back