• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season

Years

LoveLive! Sunshine!! 2nd Season

Studio: Sunrise
Genre: Music, Slice of Life, School​

Summary:
Spoiler:

Anyone who's gonna be posting in here already knows the drill and probably already saw the first season.

Is anyone hoping for anything in particular this season? Anything come as a surprise in the first episode?

Years
yess S2! its here its here <3 and second ep is coming up.

I really want to see how Yoshiko will get her short hair. She looks really cute with it, and I've found myself liking her with it a lot.

otherwise..

Spoiler:

I love her so much. I really do. The first episode gave immediate focus to the third years and I'm really happy with the attention they're receiving, since they're my favorite group.

But honestly.. not sure how this will come out, but I wish their school would just get merged. Chika especially is so adamantly against it but it shows that not everything is fixable (especially at that stage, Mari said it was too late already) and it's not bad for something like that to happen. If anything, it means more students they could spread the joy of idols and music to. Probably won't happen going by this episode, but one can dream.

Years
Second ep has aired! And aaaa they mentioned Ruby being good at sewing.. possible development coming? I really hope so. Ruby is a really cute character and I want to see more of her talents and stronger side like we see in this magazine scan.

Dia has been a good mom this episode, while the one who I figured would be babysitting everyone (Kanan) was shown to be really stubborn and easily afraid. Mom!Dia best. <3

Last edited:
Years
Dia seems to be taking charge of the mom role, definitely. And yeah I also want to see more of Ruby doing stuff.

Play by play reaction:
Spoiler:

Years
okay i'm only 8 mins into ep3 but

Spoiler:

this is the best thing i've ever seen in my whole life and my year has been made

Years
The second season really needs more than 13 episodes. I can't imagine how they'll handle both plots in such a small number of episodes.. /= But idk, surprise me? haha

Anyways, episode 4 is so far my favorite episode to date. Oh my god I already loved Dia but this makes her even cuter and ashfhfhg. The entire thing was hilarious. From Kanan and Mari holding hands and being 'us, close?' to Hanamaru using tons of dish detergent because 'more means it'll clean faster'.. perfect.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I haven't watched the ep that aired this week, but I am liking the episodes like Dia's where they focus more on the characters rather than the "story." Especially since they keep trying to make the story interesting by adding tension of "which event will they participate in???" when we all knew 10 seconds into opening the episode that they would end up doing both and everything would work out. The characters are the weakest point for me (especially since almost every single one of them has a clone in the original Love Live! And/or is not very unique otherwise) so strengthening them and making them seem more different like Dia is something I'm looking forward to.

I realize I'm usually overly critical of Love Live but I've been liking this season a little more than the original. I wish I had seen this one first so that I wouldn't be so bothered by the characters being similar!

Years
I had to pause Dia's episode something like 15 times because the awkward buildup in spots was just to painful for me, knowing basically what was immediately to follow.

Spoiler:

I haven't watched the ep that aired this week, but I am liking the episodes like Dia's where they focus more on the characters rather than the "story." Especially since they keep trying to make the story interesting by adding tension of "which event will they participate in???" when we all knew 10 seconds into opening the episode that they would end up doing both and everything would work out. The characters are the weakest point for me (especially since almost every single one of them has a clone in the original Love Live! And/or is not very unique otherwise) so strengthening them and making them seem more different like Dia is something I'm looking forward to.

I realize I'm usually overly critical of Love Live but I've been liking this season a little more than the original. I wish I had seen this one first so that I wouldn't be so bothered by the characters being similar!

I personally find Sunshine to be better written overall, even with the plot duplication and "clones". We actually got more time with the characters and the ones we did get a lot of time with weren't overwhelmed by Chika's "genki girl" aura when compared with the SIP girls.

Years
Aaaaaand Yoshiko calling Riko 'Lily' has finally made it into the series. I love those two and their interactions, and now have an even bigger appreciation for Guilty Kiss. (????).:?

Years
Wow! It's happened and I'm very surprised.

Spoiler:
I'm happy with the direction things are going so far and expect a wondrous performance from them at the Love Live =)

Years
The RubyLeah episode was the cutest thing I have ever seen and might be my new favorite LL episode.

Spoiler:

I mean like... I don't even care for yuri or yaoi much in anime, but they are so cute what the heck?! get yoself a girl that looks at you like Leah looks at Ruby <3

Years
Yeah.. you have no idea how much I loved this two-parter. Saint Snow is perfect in every way, and I am definitely going to be buying their merch!

Back