• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon FIRE RED:: Trainer Backsprite Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Hi. This is X-aveon. This is going to be a tutorial for FIRE RED.
not ruby, cuz that games easy to hack. yadayadayada. anyways.
you'll need::
a FIRE RED ROM
Tile Molester Alternative
and a good ability to sprite.
vba

first open TM.
Spoiler:

then your rom::
Spoiler:

next, go to view, block size, custom, it'll prolly say 16x16, but make it say 8x8
Spoiler:

now, lets go to the offsets! go to navigate, then go to, and type in:: E69F00
it'll take you to where you need to go. BUT WAIT!
it looks a tad bit screwy.
Spoiler:

time to FIX it. here's how!
Spoiler:

this is ur result::
Spoiler:

now, to make the colors right. open VBA and FIRE RED and go to a battle scene
where it shows the backsprite.
Spoiler:

then go to tools and palette viewer.
Spoiler:

then save what is circled...

BACK TO TILE MOLESTER! click palette, import from, then another file and select
your palette!!!!
Spoiler:

then..... KA-CHOW!
Spoiler:

here is my edit!
Spoiler:

and now my result::
Spoiler:

YAY!!!! And that is how you do it!

BTW, you don't have to repeat all of this to get the girl to work right. it uses the same palette and method. like, once you get the boy to look right, just scroll down a few times and it'll show the girl. HAPPY EDITING!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
This seems good. :)
One thing, how do u do the editing part?
I'm still a bit baffled. :\

flash boy

Hacking since 2006
Years
Excellent

Very nice tutorial I was really confused on how to do this and this helped me alot nice and clear :)

Years
Yeah.. Because i only know Mapping.Spriting..Beta Testing.. i know half of Scripting.. and this one tutors me well Thanks im gonna try it in my hack!

X-aveon

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
This seems good. :)
One thing, how do u do the editing part?
I'm still a bit baffled. :\

if you messsed around on PAINT for a bit, you would see the tools on the left side.
its practically the same. use the higher red circle that i drew on the picture i'm about to post. use THAT red circle to pick the tool you want to color with. then use the lower circle to choose your color. but remember. only use that palette. happy editing!
Spoiler:

Yeah.. Because i only know Mapping.Spriting..Beta Testing.. i know half of Scripting.. and this one tutors me well Thanks im gonna try it in my hack!
Thanks for the compliment on my tut. I might come out with more, but i'll reduce the picture size. next time. It's a ginourmous size!

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Ah, this is a good tutorial, sure helps me!
Anyways, good luck! And thanks for this too, I really mean it.

Question, how come I can't view the exported .pal file in Tile Molester?

Last edited:

X-aveon

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Ah, this is a good tutorial, sure helps me!
Anyways, good luck! And thanks for this too, I really mean it.

Question, how come I can't view the exported .pal file in Tile Molester?

You need to have Tile Moleser ALTERNATE. you can get it from this thread.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144651

Yeha, but tile molester never works , even if i installed java and java script :P.

thats not true. its always worked for me. you prolly just don't have a certain file for it. anyways use the link above. it should work after you extract the folder.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Thanks, It's working now!
But now, everytime I import an image, it gets cut off? Do you know how to fix this?

Last edited:

X-aveon

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Um can you do backsprite inserting for me? =).

I really hate trying, it broke my rom.

sure, just send me a link to your ips so i can get it and insert your backsprites. but please put me in the credits. and i don't steal hacks. the moderators would kill me.
what hack is it for anyways. i'll help people that need it. but not if i'm busy. and im not at the moment. i need to have a picture of your characters too. i'll do the best i can. your welcome. just pm me.

flash boy

Hacking since 2006
Years
A quick question do you have the offsets for proffeser oak, the hero, gary and the heroine at the intro of the game.

X-aveon

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
A quick question do you have the offsets for proffeser oak, the hero, gary and the heroine at the intro of the game.

no, sorry. but you can find it in unlz.gba.
it has to be in 256 color mode and at #341 i like to use palette 3 the most for it.

ultimoechidna

Hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2008
Ok, i paste from a BMP file in my documents, it comes in fine, no bother- but when i drag it and let go of the mouse button, it "Jumps". this is really annoying- any way I can fix it?

Last edited:

X-aveon

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Ok, i paste from a BMP file in my documents, it comes in fine, no bother- but when i drag it and let go of the mouse button, it "Jumps". this is really annoying- any way I can fix it?

that happens. i know, i hate it. but it always works out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back