• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Yeah, me too =D But I loved what YAPE did xD
First, it showed me glitched pokepic of Monozu (the one that Zero gives) and then random freezing on places or black screen instead of wildpokebattle xD
YAPE is awesome xD
So does that mean I was right when I said that the blackscreen you and SP had was caused by YAPE? I had such MASSIVE glitches before I knew better, it flat-out would crash in Central City half the time. XD

Anyways, I forgot to mention that some trainers have black screen before the battle but it's not something important since the battle starts anyways =)
Ah, that's probably my fault... I think I had to do something small in YAPE to fix the Emboar thing? I don't think I saved but maybe opening it in it was enough... crap, oh well. This is why I was reluctant to touch some things... 1.0 and 1.1 versions should not have that problem. Here's hoping it isn't frequent or gamebreaking. How often did it happen? Which trainers?

I could redo the 1.1 > 1.2 changes more safely if you think it's a big deal.

EDIT: I remember what it was, it was those damn pokedex entries... A-Text won't register the second linebreak properly, so I opened it in YAPE to view them... CRAP.

Last edited:

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
Years
After obtaining the 6th badge, I have no idea how to make the 7th gym leader appear in his gym. I looked at the route above the town and all I found was a rival that gave me HM DIVE

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So does that mean I was right when I said that the blackscreen you and SP had was caused by YAPE? I had such MASSIVE glitches before I knew better, it flat-out would crash in Central City half the time. XD
I don't know since I probably did not even get to the black screen because I ditched SP's translation xD
But I guess it may be true =)
But... the black screen upon entering wildbattle is probably caused by editing moves, not actual YAPE... since I wasn't having problems until I started to mess with moves =D
First I tried to edit evolutions, no problems, then I tried to change moves (just replacing some :D) and bugs started to appear :D

Ah, that's probably my fault... I think I had to do something small in YAPE to fix the Emboar thing? I don't think I saved but maybe opening it in it was enough... crap, oh well. This is why I was reluctant to touch some things... 1.0 and 1.1 versions should not have that problem. Here's hoping it isn't frequent or gamebreaking. How often did it happen? Which trainers?

I could redo the 1.1 > 1.2 changes more safely if you think it's a big deal.

EDIT: I remember what it was, it was those damn pokedex entries... A-Text won't register the second linebreak properly, so I opened it in YAPE to view them... CRAP.
I think it's not because of YAPE... as I mentioned above, simply opening ROM with YAPE doesn't cause bugs...
If I recall correctly it happened to some other hacks... it's something like Pokémon Trainer Overload xD It has something to do with Pokémon data IIRC :D
Well... it's not something critical as you just can oversped it =D
It may be problem for Android players but noone cares about them xD

After obtaining the 6th badge, I have no idea how to make the 7th gym leader appear in his gym. I looked at the route above the town and all I found was a rival that gave me HM DIVE
You need to give Rayner (who's in Power Plant) Enigma Berry to heal his Electivire and he'll go back to gym.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
Do we really need a walkthrough? :D
I did not even need to look here for answers to play the hack =D

Then you could help me....i'm stuck after the third badge in lauren, don't know where to go.....there are 3 paths and they're all blocked with: 1. huge rocks, 2. stomps, and that hill thingy that you can jump over when you are at the right side. Please help :D :D

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Lol i played the whole game on an android phone and there was no problem

The most recent version? The one I posted about a month ago?

Because the one I posted a year ago and the one I posted six weeks ago should be perfectly fine.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Ugh. Finally decided to try this out, and almost ready to quit at the first trainer. Why is there a forced four-Pokémon trainer battle including a Pokémon that has a Poison Point right above the first grass patch? Individually, any one or two lower-level Pokémon are beatable, but all together it's too much - especially when a crit. lands for more than half your HP.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Uh...wait a second. Is there a repercussion to taking the Elekid above the laboratory?

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Then you could help me....i'm stuck after the third badge in lauren, don't know where to go.....there are 3 paths and they're all blocked with: 1. huge rocks, 2. stomps, and that hill thingy that you can jump over when you are at the right side. Please help :D :D
You must continue to the south to reach Flamerny City ;)

I have no Idea where the power plant is
Ouch... sorry, my mistake. I mistook 6th leader for the 7th one.
7th one is the Snowice, right?
After you finish Mt. Icestorm's events, you need to go back to the first floor and find her left from the entrance.
Then you must go to the third floor and talk with her again ;) (She will be close to the end)

Uh...wait a second. Is there a repercussion to taking the Elekid above the laboratory?

Cyclone
Yes, you will have it easier to beat the first trainer.
And by the way, no one blocks you from using Bulbasaur to have immunity against Poison Point. ;)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah, but I always start with Fire. And, well, that Charmander is susceptible to Poison Point.

I also thought from the text that it was saying you only got one Pokéball. Only when I checked the menu did I realize that you get five. I do wish the first trainer was some way's ahead, however, so you could explore, but that's me.

BTW, by repercussion I mean a negative consequence.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
UUUGGGHHHH.....i'm stuck again....at Flamerny city, don't know where to go.....gym is blocked and I can't get into the cave MT. Volcano because some guy says that only some trainers are allowed to get in here

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I decided to give it another go. After finishing Route 401, walked into the Pokémon Center and saw the world map. Am I reading that there are 20 towns?

pokmonlightplatinummap.png

While scrolling around, made some observations:

- Nice way to blend the Safari Zone into the map (above my head) merging it with the city itself, but separating it.
- "Zhery Champion" shows as 2x2=4 tiles, but in actuality the bottom two tiles do not list the name; rather, they list nothing.
- What's with the Imitari Islands? The path shows to continue, but we can't scroll that high.
- I'm guessing the green blob (highlighted) is the badge check gates? It says Victory Road, but normally you can't access it until after the gates and this one connects Routes 415 and 416.
- At the southern end of the map, next to the nameplate, is a string of several areas. There are no names. What are they?
- Rocavely City is shown to include a patch of land that is not tiled red. My guess is the red pair of tiling needs to move over one unit to the west and Route 502 should be two squares, but I have no idea.
- East of Ironnem City (in the northeast) is a three square area that is unnamed. Does the path continue, and what is it?
- Ricyan City has the same problem as Rocavely, two squares not tiled but named as it.
- Is Lauren Road supposed to be Victory Road for that half of the map? I see it leads to "Lauren Champion" in the southeast corner.
- What is the blue dot between Lauren Road and Route 501?

I listed these simply because it's feedback on what I'm testing out. I know it's probably final beta, and maybe some of the things I pointed out cannot possibly be corrected for some reason or another; I just thought I'd list it. I seem to be good at finding things like this.

Another question. Thief (TM46) is used to get berries from trees. Is it one-time use per tree? And if it regenerates, why was Thief not made an HM for this purpose?

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Can i know where to catch Dratini and Tynamo and beldum in this game????

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
BTW, by repercussion I mean a negative consequence.
Do... you understand the meaning of irony?

UUUGGGHHHH.....i'm stuck again....at Flamerny city, don't know where to go.....gym is blocked and I can't get into the cave MT. Volcano because some guy says that only some trainers are allowed to get in here
Have you beaten Prof. Ellie?

snip

Another question. Thief (TM46) is used to get berries from trees. Is it one-time use per tree? And if it regenerates, why was Thief not made an HM for this purpose?
Berries regenerate.
And why Thief isn't made HM? Because there's about 10 TMs that are used outside of battle. So having 17 HM...? Not a good idea.

Can i know where to catch Dratini and Tynamo and beldum in this game????
You obtain Dratini in Darkdusk City.
Tynamo is catchable... and Beldum... that's something I don't know... maybe someone also gives it to you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
@SSJBoku: I had stopped it past week due to me gotten very busier in life... But now I started it again.. Don't worry I promise I will complete it within a month... Because i was playing the old version I will now play the final new one due to the fact that SnakeByte fixed some evnts and errors...
@Ash493: Heyyyyyyy that was rude you know..:(

Back