• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Anyone know how to handel the feelings of wanting to dissapernce? Not die but actually vanish. I have had the feelings lately. Maybe it's me stressing out lately about my family not doing anything about the feelings I have. They seem to ignore what l say lately. Mabe it's just me

Mmmhmm, like a couple of people have said so far, get louder!

I know that sounds hard, but if they ignore what you say then state things more often. Show your feelings a bit more, as far as acting on how you feel. Try to talk to them about it, maybe? If you bring it up with them randomly, they can't really see it coming to dodge it. Depending on your relationship with them, let them know that it bothers you that they seem to be ignoring it, in the first place. I had to do with that my mom, and though she's still not the best about things, if I bring them up she'll certainly talk with me, and sometimes brings the issues up herself, which is farther than she used to be.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Wow, I actually had a dream last night that I posted a question right after Ashley, and she didn't get any responses because of it, and disappeared.

I wish I could actually add something, but I think scarf nailed it.

Years
There's some more inexplicably good news from that little Midwestern state known as Iowa. Not only can you get married there if you and your partner are the same sex, now you can also have both your names listed on your child's birth certificate - and without having to go through an adoption process.

It came about after a couple sued when they were denied the right to put both their names on a birth certificate of a child that one of them gave birth to. The judge said that whatever rights married heterosexual couples have (such as the right of a man to be listed as the father on a birth certificate of his wife's child even if he isn't the biological father) must be applied to same-sex married couples.

[the article]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Wow, that's hard to believe, but awesome. Can we have that couple sue the whole country instead though? lol

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Mmmhmm, like a couple of people have said so far, get louder!

Says the one with "Silence" in his name. :P
Lol, although I do agree. I . . . am not very great with advice on these kinds of things just yet, plus I'm lazy, so I'll just say what everyone else has said.

On a similar note (I think) if someone found out I was gay and didn't like it (as in, shunned me for it or something) whether they be my parents, siblings, other family, best friend (which I don't actually have one, so that's not a problem, lol), or a complete stranger, I wouldn't care. Well, depending on whom it is I might care, but either way I'd most likely be like "Screw you, I don't care what you think." . . . It helps that I'm anti-social and don't have many people to lose, lol.

There's some more inexplicably good news from that little Midwestern state known as Iowa. Not only can you get married there if you and your partner are the same sex, now you can also have both your names listed on your child's birth certificate - and without having to go through an adoption process.

It came about after a couple sued when they were denied the right to put both their names on a birth certificate of a child that one of them gave birth to. The judge said that whatever rights married heterosexual couples have (such as the right of a man to be listed as the father on a birth certificate of his wife's child even if he isn't the biological father) must be applied to same-sex married couples.

[the article]

Oh, that's nice~
. . . can't say name privileges on a birth certificate excite me, really, plus I don't live in Iowa. But still, good for them~

Oh . . . now I'm thinking of a question involving marriage and stuffz. Too bad I'm not too great at coming up with questions, or I might actually be able to write this so it made sense. But . . . I . . . can't. xD
Okay, perhaps something along these li-no, you know what, nevermind. I can't come up with a good question for this, lol.

Years
Oh, that's nice~
. . . can't say name privileges on a birth certificate excite me, really, plus I don't live in Iowa. But still, good for them~
Yeah, I know it doesn't sound exciting, but since it was a judge saying that it will hopefully set precedence elsewhere. I mean, when you live in a country like the USA you have a pretty high bar to reach in terms of equality.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I think it's incredibly exciting! Go Iowa! Even if the news doesn't affect us personally, it's always an exciting leap forward in the fight for the rights we should have always had anyway. The thing I find interesting is that it's never the states you think it's going to be that have these bounding leaps forward. It's always the little ones that you think will be the last ones to cave that end up setting the example for everybody.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Ahaha, that is awesome! I honestly find all the little things that change to be just as exciting as all the big ones. ^__^ Iowa makes me proud right now. xD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
So, in slightly more disheartening news, an old mole tennis star has spoken out against gay marriage, giving us some lovely new one-liners to rage over. You can read about it here. In slightly better news, other tennis stars have come to our defence, essentially telling her she is no longer relevant to this world. You can read about that here.

Also, I'm going to get around to that original post and fancy it up Andy-style. I've just gotta get around to making some super-pro CSS, as I do (lmao).

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
So, in slightly more disheartening news, an old mole tennis star has spoken out against gay marriage, giving us some lovely new one-liners to rage over. You can read about it here. In slightly better news, other tennis stars have come to our defence, essentially telling her she is no longer relevant to this world. You can read about that here.

Also, I'm going to get around to that original post and fancy it up Andy-style. I've just gotta get around to making some super-pro CSS, as I do (lmao).

"The West Australian reports that Court, who is the founder and senior pastor at Victory Life Church in Perth, has urged Australians to make a stand against same-sex marriage, saying no human law could ever change God's divine laws."

. . .
. . .
. . . Wow . . . gawd, I really hate people sometimes. She's just another moron that's trying to use God as an excuse. Excuse me while I go vomit.

And as for the second article . . . *clapclapclap* That's better. :3

Yeah, I know it doesn't sound exciting, but since it was a judge saying that it will hopefully set precedence elsewhere. I mean, when you live in a country like the USA you have a pretty high bar to reach in terms of equality.

That's true. But still, it's great and all, but doesn't excite me personally. That doesn't mean I'm not excited for it as a whole. Um . . . that made sense, right?
And as far as marriage goes . . . I live in New York state, so I'm not worried about that. I'm just waiting for . . . the rest of the states to recognize same-sex marriage. Lol, how many would that be? xD

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Hi, may I join? A couple of years ago I was very active in an LGBT support topic in another section of the forum. But that topic went away (and I don't want to go into that, myself >.>) and I haven't been as active on the forum altogether since.

I'm glad to see there's another group. =)

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Love is love, yea? I'll join =)

People ask me about my sexuality, some times. But I don't answer it very well 'cos, well there's a lot of bisexual people here but you never know who's gonna be homophobic, and I wouldn't say I'm gay or bi I just say what I said up there, love is love. Sexuality tells you how to have kids, emotions tell you how to love someone.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years

[the article]
that's wonderful. :-)
another step towards equality is always a good thing. in my country, there is already an anti-discrimination bill in the works (yes, we're relatively slow to these sorts of things...), although some religious folk are against it, things will get better, i believe. :-)

Do people ever ask you questions about your sexual orientation 'n' stuff that you find to be awkward or going too far?

i'm closeted, so people don't outright ask me about things concerning my sexual orientation. however, when i'm with friends or family members who make rather ignorant comments (usually, those dealing with stereotypes) about the lgbtq* community, i do try to correct them.

-Jared-

Years
Not sure if it's been mentioned but apparently a few days ago Hawaii and Delaware allowed same-sex civil unions and New Jersey will hopefully allow gay marriage soon! ^_^

That is great to hear! Exciting times for us, it seems. ^___^ I can't wait for California to get it's act together. xD

First woman: BAH YOU JUST HUSH.
The following women: D'awwww thanks. :3

And when you edit the first post, I say you should include that List Scarf typed up. It looks great and she did a good job. :3

Hi, may I join? A couple of years ago I was very active in an LGBT support topic in another section of the forum. But that topic went away (and I don't want to go into that, myself >.>) and I haven't been as active on the forum altogether since.

People ask me about my sexuality, some times. But I don't answer it very well 'cos, well there's a lot of bisexual people here but you never know who's gonna be homophobic, and I wouldn't say I'm gay or bi I just say what I said up there, love is love. Sexuality tells you how to have kids, emotions tell you how to love someone.

Of course! Anyone is welcome to join, lol. When Andy gets back on, he will add you both to the list on the first page. In the mean time, welcome to the club!

Years
Oh! Oh! Can I do a question next?

How often are you reminded that you're bi/gay/trans/etc.?

Like, when going about your day you probably don't actively think about it until someone or something makes you think it, so how often does that happen and what's it like for you?

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years

You may join. Anyone may. Not everyone april join the club, but yeah everyone may. ^_^
Welcome welcome!

And welcome to you!

New member crowns to both of you:

BKCrown_Full.jpg
BKCrown_Full.jpg

And when you edit the first post, I say you should include that List Scarf typed up. It looks great and she did a good job. :3
I second this motion.

Kind of never. I mean, I vaguely register "I'm trans" and "I'm gay/demisexual" all of the time, but I don't spend actual time thinking about it and it never seems . . . strange to me if that makes sense? I mean most of the time I forget not all women are into other women and that not everyone is transitioning because, well, I'm just so used to it that it's the most ordinary thing in the world to me. A lot of trans women I know say that they're "reminded" when they feel the penis down there (yes, I said it), but I honestly don't even make the connection any more. Much like transitioning and dating other women, having all that stuff is just as normal as anything else to me.

Also I think significantly less about gender/sex than I used to before. I don't imagine myself as a girl or as a boy but rather as me.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023

I use to not answer too. I just feel so comfortable and content with myself now a days, that I usually don't care much for homophobia besides utter annoyance. I just tell or lead people to my sexuality now a days. However, people already automatically assume that I'm gay. It's very annoying when they just assume I am without coming up and asking me.

Oh and welcome. :D

Envy said:

Welcome to you too. I have to ask, but is your avatar and signature from La Corda D'oro? XD

-Jared-

Years
Oh! Oh! Can I do a question next?

Like, when going about your day you probably don't actively think about it until someone or something makes you think it, so how often does that happen and what's it like for you?

Let's see...

-Anytime LGBT issues are brought up
-Any time I see an attractive guy. xD

Other than that, it sometimes randomly pops in my head, but that is just how my brain works. EVERYTHING pops in my head randomly. xD

Back