• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Moonlight Version [RMXP]

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Hey everyone, thanks for the comments, and get ready for the X-Mas update!

Finally, an update!

Hey guys, it's me, Nytkoi, creator of Pokemon Moonlight! Finally, the waited (or was Poke-fyu the only one who was

waiting for this xPPP) for update! This update includes; Two screenshots of the new event in Sunshine City and a graphical

screenshot. Batteries sold seperatly.

Let's get on with it, shall we? :PPP

10z8lqp.png

Ooohh, do you help him, or are you too scared? :O Wait... What are we helping him with? (The answer will be announced in time)

20ztyjp.png

Well, let's think. Bad guys really almost always have Zubats, so... This must be relating to the policeman! :O

264t0jr.png

Thanks to Infernal Contraption @ PC, we have a new Intro bg! (Hey that rhymes! MWAHAHAHA! >:D) The circle thing is not final,

but the actual bg is supposedly final. -.-;;

Well, that's all for now folks. I hope people besides Poke-fyu post and all that! Stay tuned to Channel ** to find out more

about Pokemon Moonlight (Created by the RM Developers) Now back to Bob, um... Something with the weather report in San Diego.

Good night!

That's it for the X-mas Update! Like the last paragraph said, stay tuned!

Merry X-mas, everyone! I hope you like the update!

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Hey, Nytkoi, pretty nice Christmas update. :) I wonder what the policeman would need help with?
Also, the introduction background is not final. I think I made the shades too far apart.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
maybe i could try it :3
because the shades are still far apart...
it looks fake... and flat... and faulty...
Just helping ^^
Well, I was saturating it the darker I went. Maybe I'll desaturate it the darker I go.
Also... the shades are not far apart in that one. :P

EDIT:
I tried another one, this time desaturating it the darker the shade:

moonlightintrobgl2qy8.png

ForeverRed

teeheeee
Years
Well, I was saturating it the darker I went. Maybe I'll desaturate it the darker I go.
Also... the shades are not far apart in that one. :P

EDIT:
I tried another one, this time desaturating it the darker the shade:

moonlightintrobgl2qy8.png
Hmmm...
Maybe IC you could use the diamond intro colours
maybe it'll look better! also the thickness of the bars isnt right makes it look bad.
I also dont recommend shading the standing circle.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Actually, I was hoping you wouldn't shade the circle. xD (It was fine though) And I think the darkest color is too dark on the latest on, but besides that, the desaturated on is amazing! Good job! As soon as you change the circle, I'll insert it. :3

Edit; Oh, and Change the colors of the circle as well.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Wow, the map looks really nice ^^ Did some of the things come from the Hoenn map?

The storyline looks nice too ^^ Keep up the good work!

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
New update, coming your way! ;D Thanks for the comments everyone!

Great Update!

hey everyone! Its Nytkoi, the creator of Pokemon Moonlight! Yup, I'm back with an update! Yes I am! Believe it already! Goddammit. >:[ ANYWAYS; I have a really cool update today. Thanks to the amazing ~JV~, Creator of Pokemon Uranium (You should check it out after you post in my thread >:D) for helping my find out how to add wild pokemon! SO let's get on with the screenshots!

344p6dw.png

Supah cool, right? :P All credit to the message box goes to me (I finally got photoshop on my labtop 8D)and so... yea! Post what you think, and new HP Boxes coming soon!

I hoped you liked this short update, and hope you actually post! Now back to Bob Howyadoing (I rememberd his last name! :D) for the weather report in San diego! That's it for your two days after christmas (xD) update!

(By the way guys, I also changed the pause arrow to green. )
Glad you like the 'line, Serene! ^_^

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
It's very... green. I still like it, though. It gives the battle menu a very different feel than what I'm used to.
As for the discussion about the intro screen from before, I'd like to suggest some changes to make it look better (then again, I don't always know what I'm talking about...):
1. Make the gradient start at the top. It would look much more professional and similar to actual pokemon games (specifically 3rd gen).

2. Make the bottom color dark, almost black, but rather a dark navy-like color. Don't use the same color for the spotlight.

3. Make the spotlight in a brighter, dirt-like color, with a similarly colored band around it that's maybe a bit thicker than the current one.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
I meant for it to be green and tropical becuase besides from the game beign called Pokemon Moonlight, you're having a journey in a tropical region. I've always loved tropical rain forests, so that's what the outside is based on. And I think IC should definitly refer to h POKE's suggestions; they're really good ones. c:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
A tropical rainforest, eh? I like it. If you were to make one, though, I would suggest making the beginning-of-the-game forest be a rainforest (obviously!). But what might not be so obvious is how to map it so it's not just a forest with a cool name. Here are some tips:
1. There should be a main path, but a good mapper always knows the devil is in the detail. Add breaks in the trees, shrubs along the path, and plenty of grass. Also, debris such as toppled trees and vine tiles could go a long way in adding feeling to your creation.

2. Mud. If I've learned anything from traversing the rainforest, it's that there's never enough of the stuff. You may be able to deviate off the main path, sure, but where will it take you? Right into a puddle of mud, of course!

3. The place should be, above everything except functionality, natural. A map with a straight path and huge plots of solid grass is a boring map. Put in trees in the way, and most definitely do not make the path through the rainforest span from end to end. It should break up, then pick back up again. Also, one of the simplest tricks to make a map more natural is just to take out patches of grass. Instead of a solid patch, randomly replace tiles at certain points with regular ground or dirt.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Leaving spaces in patches of grass is what I do best ^^; Lol. I'm really glad to have your help, h POKE. That was really informing. I'll be sure to remember those when I map thr rain forest! c:

Last edited:
Back