• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who wants to RMT?? =)

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
Hey whats up PC, i've been away on the marriland forums for awhile causing havoc over there, but i haven't played in over a couple of months and im a little rusty with platinum again as it's so similar to D/P, i decided hey, i want to make a whole new team so why not go back to gooood ol' PC for an awesome, no bars held, RMT!

I play no favorites and all criticism can and will be applied to the benefits of this team, with my gratification of course =)

260.png

Lead: Swampert
Relaxed
Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Roar
Ice Beam

My lead mixpert, and is also the PHazer of my team. My battles usually set its own pace of what i have my lead swampert do, which is almost always stealth rock for starts, or roar if it's a gyarados. I need stealth rock because it makes OHKO's much more possible and it threatens many pokes that are used alot nowadays.

salamence.jpg

Salamence
Life Orb
Rash
80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe

Fire Blast
Brick Break
Roost
Draco Meteor

This will be my wallbreaker, and i feel he'll be doing a good job at that.

starmie.png

Starmie
Natural Cure
Leftovers
Timid
136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spe

Rapid Spin
Surf
Thunderbolt
Recover/Ice Beam

Well since toxic spikes would be a problem, i hired starmie for the job. I've used this version of starmie before and i was very iffy on recover, but i wana hear what you guys think =) The rapid spin to keep SR off the field so that crobat and mixmence can switch in and out freely screwing their team strategies up allowing me to have more oppurtunities to set myself up.

crobat.png

Crobat
Leftovers
Jolly
104 HP / 152 Atk / 252 Spe

Brave Bird
Taunt
Roost
U-Turn

What i wantwith crobat isn't so much offensive, but more defensive. Not only do i want him to scout the other team, i want to prevent any rocks or anything coming onto my team. Crobat does an excellent job at doing things like that, and he also can prevent subs or buffs from ever happening. Brave bird is his offensive option ohking things like machamp with SR up, and i have roost+leftovers to keep him alive.

Snorlax.png

Snorlax
252 Att / 62 SP.Att / 196 S.Def
Brave Nature
Trait : Thick Fat
- Body Slam
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake / SuperPower
- Selfdestruct

Yoo it's elf lax the wall pwnerer. I havent tested this out yet but if anything comin from Dark azelf i should pwn some noobs with this.

448.png

Lucario
Inner Focus
Life Orb
Adamant
252 Atk / 4 Hp / 252 Spe

Swords Dance
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Ice Punch

Yup, it's SD luke, i haven't really used lucario at all since i picked up D/P, so i might as well start now. I don't really want to bring out lucario until the late game when i can bait out a free switch for that swords dance and just go to work with extremespeed+close combat.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
The whole point of Snorlax, is that it's a soecial wall, so you really do need the Special Defense EVs, or Snorlax is dead weight.

I'd recommend the CurseLax set, since Lucario is your only Pokemon that can set up, and that Snorlax is pretty bad, unless it has a Choice Band.

143.png
@ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Earthquake / Fire Punch
Allows you to set up with Snorlax, as well as take a special hit.
Next, you pretty much lose to Physical walls, since all your Pokemon are physical based. Since Hippo and Snorlax will have healing moves, Vaporeon seems like dead weight to me. I'd replace it with Rotom-A

503.png
@ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
252 HP / 132 Def / 120 SpD
- Discharge
- Pain Split / Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball / (Appliance move) / HP Fighting
This allows you to still check Gyarados, as well as a 30% to Paralyze and stop other threats. It may not be the right set, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

You're still very Physical weak, so you may want to swap Lucario to a CM/Specs user or to something totally different.

One more thing, Flygon wants Fire Punch > Fire Blast, since Jolly weakens Fire Blast.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
The whole point of Snorlax, is that it's a soecial wall, so you really do need the Special Defense EVs, or Snorlax is dead weight.

I thought that Hp> def./Sp.D when it came to taking hits? well, okay, ill keep note.

I'd recommend the CurseLax set, since Lucario is your only Pokemon that can set up, and that Snorlax is pretty bad, unless it has a Choice Band..

Well it didn't have a choice band because that's what i wanted, to have the selection of moves possible, sure, it doesnt do as much damage but thats what i was goin for with him, put as much hurt on the opponent as possible as a tank and then explode, with a choice item i'd have to keep switching to make it work.

143.png
@ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Earthquake / Fire Punch
Allows you to set up with Snorlax, as well as take a special hit.
Next, you pretty much lose to Physical walls, since all your Pokemon are physical based. Since Hippo and Snorlax will have healing moves, Vaporeon seems like dead weight to me. I'd replace it with Rotom-A

Oh yea i like that set, well, i guess he can go curse for a bit. It's kinda hard to drop vaporeon to give snorlax curse though...

503.png
@ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
252 HP / 132 Def / 120 SpD
- Discharge
- Pain Split / Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball / (Appliance move) / HP Fighting
This allows you to still check Gyarados, as well as a 30% to Paralyze and stop other threats. It may not be the right set, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

haha i dont even think i have rotom at all on my old file, so i'm pretty clueless about how rotom and all his forms work but, it reminds me of a pseudo dusknoir with discharge.

You're still very Physical weak, so you may want to swap Lucario to a CM/Specs user or to something totally different.

One more thing, Flygon wants Fire Punch > Fire Blast, since Jolly weakens Fire Blast.

Are you sure on changing luke specialty of attack? I thought he over-beasted with SD, do you mind showing me what i could do with him?

Well, i know jolly lowers sp. atk, but, it isn't the point, it's jus there to screw teams up a bit thinking it's 100% physical when it's rly not...i dont want my def. getn lowered or anything either thats why its jolly.

thanks for the reply btw =)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Rotom is dead weight using a defensive set with no Spikes.

Firstly, If the pokemon has immensely high HP (Bliss, Lax, Chansey etc) then they gain more of a stat boost by going for the defense stat instead of the HP stat first. Otherwise yeah hp>> the defenses first.

Anyway this team lacks the support for Curselax (it needs spikes to wear down its common counters) so i prolly wouldn't run that. However what i AM going to recommend is you use this great set.

Snooze-Snorlax.png
@Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Body Slam
- Fire Blast
- Selfdestruct

I call this "elf lax". Basically its designed for wall breaking and tanking over things in general. Fire Punch sucks on non choice sets pretty much. Take a look at these calcs;

76.8% - 91.5% : Fire Blast Vs 252 HP / 252 S.Def +
205m.png

53.3% - 62.9% : Fire Blast Vs 252 HP / 0 S.Def
227m.png
Always 2hko'd.

93.3% - 110.8% : Fire Blast Vs 248 HP / 0 S.Def
212m.png
Always OHKO'd with SR up.

It out damages Fire Punch in ALL these circumstances, in fact in every circumstance lol. SuperPower is if you want the KO on Tar and Bliss.

As for the team, well Swampert and Hippowdon do like the same thing. Id prolly replace Hippowdon in all honesty since it looks like dead weight. Id get a fighting resist or something that beats fighters, namely Lucario. Salamence or Gyarados might work here. The latter having decent synergy with Lucario as they share similar counters (Rotom) and compliment each other defensively.

Anyways this team has much bigger issues. Stall tramples over you, Toxic Spikes sink 4/6 of your team and you have little wall breaking or even ways to open up sweeps. That and Rotom-A walls your whole team and can burn everything lol. This looks like one of those "balanced" teams that pretty much dont work. You need a central strategy even if its just something simple like for example "well i set up T-Spikes and it helps my Empoleon eliminate all its counters". Or if you want to switch to stall then its a simple "i stack spikes and stall everything out and cause residual damage through forced switches." This team doesnt have a strategy or team goal basically. What im trying to get at is in this thread. So id check that out. =P

I hope this helps you identify the problems and helps you rectify them.

Last edited:

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
Rotom is dead weight using a defensive set with no Spikes.

Firstly, If the pokemon has immensely high HP (Bliss, Lax, Chansey etc) then they gain more of a stat boost by going for the defense stat instead of the HP stat first. Otherwise yeah hp>> the defenses first.

Anyway this team lacks the support for Curselax (it needs spikes to wear down its common counters) so i prolly wouldn't run that. However what i AM going to recommend is you use this great set.

Snooze-Snorlax.png
@Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Body Slam
- Fire Blast
- Selfdestruct

I call this "elf lax". Basically its designed for wall breaking and tanking over things in general. Fire Punch sucks on non choice sets pretty much. Take a look at these calcs;

76.8% - 91.5% : Fire Blast Vs 252 HP / 252 S.Def +
205m.png

53.3% - 62.9% : Fire Blast Vs 252 HP / 0 S.Def
227m.png
Always 2hko'd.

93.3% - 110.8% : Fire Blast Vs 248 HP / 0 S.Def
212m.png
Always OHKO'd with SR up.

It out damages Fire Punch in ALL these circumstances, in fact in every circumstance lol. SuperPower is if you want the KO on Tar and Bliss.

As for the team, well Swampert and Hippowdon do like the same thing. Id prolly replace Hippowdon in all honesty since it looks like dead weight. Id get a fighting resist or something that beats fighters, namely Lucario. Salamence or Gyarados might work here. The latter having decent synergy with Lucario as they share similar counters (Rotom) and compliment each other defensively.

Anyways this team has much bigger issues. Stall tramples over you, Toxic Spikes sink 4/6 of your team and you have little wall breaking or even ways to open up sweeps. That and Rotom-A walls your whole team and can burn everything lol. This looks like one of those "balanced" teams that pretty much dont work. You need a central strategy even if its just something simple like for example "well i set up T-Spikes and it helps my Empoleon eliminate all its counters". Or if you want to switch to stall then its a simple "i stack spikes and stall everything out and cause residual damage through forced switches." This team doesnt have a strategy or team goal basically. What im trying to get at is in this thread. So id check that out. =P

I hope this helps you identify the problems and helps you rectify them.

oh i had thought i was right on the money with the hp>stat thing now i understand better...

yea you are right on everything, i had a feeling that now's the time for me to start picking up a strategy instead of the typical *2 walls, 2 sweepers, 2 whatever* standard that's in pokemon teams, and for what i've been doing for years. I had heard some good people are using gimmicky teams like weather and trick room type stuff, as well as just full beatdown or complete stall. I took a look at that thread and thats kind of how my playstyle is now since i've been playing this game for so long, but with the materials for nothing to be set in stone do you know what i mean?? Like, i had no specific predictions or situations planned, i just made it happen in my favor...

I guess instead of using the marriland team builder for types which is what i usually do, maybe i should first get a piece of paper, write down a certain GOAL or AIM that i want my pokemon to do in every match im in, and see what tools i can asses to achieve that goal to the best of my ability......

so with those things in mind...is there anything that could be thought of for sets (including that elf lax down there that i am VERY interested in using those calcs can't be ignored...) that would include some sort of, synergy between my guys? I guess i could also go gyarados>hippowdon, TBH i've never used gyra OU since he's so, you know, top OU, maybe it'd be nice to change that for a while lol

EDIT: okay that thread you gave me is GDLK i fav'd in my browser lol

alright well im double posting to let some people know i completely changed my strategy up so suggestions rates anything would be appreciated =)

Last edited:
Back