• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 4, 2014
Any tips for a n00b ^_^?

I was always a player who didn't know anything about ivs ev's ect, so with my level 100 charizard I went straight into an online battle & get put against a grass Pokémon thinking to myself awesome! But nope my charizard gets 1hko by razor leaf o.O I have trained him up by super training do I need to do anything else?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Say, I've heard that there are Pokémon that are found in trash cans in certain areas, such as the Lost Hotel. However, I've thoroughly searched the cans without even so much as a peep from them. Is there a trick to getting Pokémon out of trash cans? Or is there a huge cloud of bad luck looming over my head?

You can only find Rotom on Tuesdays and Bannete on Thursday's as for the normal pokemon found in them, it's just bad luck as I find a Trubbish nearly every time I go to the lost hotel.

@Pinkie-Dawn - Just input your Zip and follow the instructions. It'll download after that.

Years
Well I'm not an expert, but check your stats. The blue stat is decreased by the nature and the red one is increased. Also, I'm assuming you beat the game so go to Kiloude City's Pokemon Center and talk to a guy near the changing room and have him check your Pokemon's potential. If you can tell me that I might be able to tell you more.

famillan

Addicted.
Years
  • Age 32
  • PA
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Yea. Like Leonomonn said, check what stats your charizard have. Right now, I'm thinking that it has weak Def/SpD.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 4, 2014
Will do, thanks :D so the best bet is breeding to try get "perfect iv's" so much more to it than I always thought.

Years
Yes, perfect iv's would definitely be the ideal situation, but nature can also affect your stats greatly. The thing to keep in mind when talking about iv's and breeding for the perfect Pokemon and all that is that it is really time consuming. I bred my perfect Gallade recently and I went through about 200 eggs in a week. If you'd like any help just ask.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Will Bagon's ability changes when he evolves into Salamence?

I'm thinking I may wait to evolve him and get Double Edge early, but will he lose the Rock Head ability when he evolves?

Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2020
Does anyone know what the question mark faces in the friend safari mean if you previously had a face for that person? I've been on at the same time as them and there was previously a face in these positions. Why did it revert?

Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2020
Does anyone know what the question mark faces in the friend safari mean if you previously had a face for that person? I've been on at the same time as them and there was previously a face in these positions. Why did it revert?

Thanks.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

Thanks.

It might mean that the person removed you from their 3DS Friend List.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
^Does it still show three Pokemon for their Safari?

Does anyone know whats special about the Walmart Special Pokes?
Nothing really. They come in Cherish Balls if that counts for anything.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If that's the case, do you know if shinies and hidden ability pokemon maintain the same rates (or if they can be found at all for that matter)?

You can get Shiny Pokemon before seeing them online so I don't think that really matters. Once they have been met online then Hidden Abilities show up (though I think I have found HA Pokemon in the few FS's that I have with shadowed faces. I'll have to try again soon.) If they remove you, you just have a blank user in your Safari. If you delete them, they disappear from your list. Other than that, I don't think there is anything else needed once you've unlocked the three Pokemon.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask.
Are the extra-earned stats from Super Training (dunno what they're called) applied on online battles?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask.
Are the extra-earned stats from Super Training (dunno what they're called) applied on online battles?

You mean, the effort values? If I'm not mistaken, all EVs that you earn do get applied to online battling, including the ones from Super-Training. :) If your Pokémon are above level fifty though, then their base stats would be decreased since they'll be having their levels rounded-down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back