• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
light_trainer921 said:
What is the number of the tree tiles in unLZ? I'm using FireRed.

It would be loacted probably around 0-100, but an alternative way is using A-Map's Block Editor.

darkfurby said:
can anyone anser my question?
edit: oh btw! does anyone no the offset for prof birch in tile molester....
edit again: how do u index an image?

To index the image, you just paste the new image over the old image after exporting the old one, then you save and import the old one with the new image overwrite.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
[div="font variant: small caps]Alright, i'm starting to get the scripting thing, but when I try find a patch of text it comes up with string not found. I converted it to hex and it didn't work...[/div]

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
Years
hey i still cant find proffeser burchs picture can any one else tell me how to change him? like in the begining

bazzaroony

Pokemon Topaz Creator
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2009
Hey everybody

Just one question...
I am making a hack of pokemon ruby, and i want to edit prof birches sprite at the begginning of the game.
I have TLP and tile molester does anyone have the offsets?

Thanks in advance
Bazza

Also You know the pics of the hero/ heroines head that apperas on the map, how do u change them in ruby?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
xx1hacker1xx said:
hey i still cant find proffeser burchs picture can any one else tell me how to change him? like in the begining

It is located near offset 0x39DC74, use a tile editing tool.

bazzaroony said:
Just one question...
I am making a hack of pokemon ruby, and i want to edit prof birches sprite at the begginning of the game.
I have TLP and tile molester does anyone have the offsets?

Thanks in advance
Bazza

Also You know the pics of the hero/ heroines head that apperas on the map, how do u change them in ruby?

1. Answered above(same question).

2. Either with Overworld Editor or at offset 0x30FD88 in TLP or Tile Molester.

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 31
  • NH
  • Seen Nov 19, 2015
Hacking Help

Hello. I hope I am in the correct area for this. Anyways, here goes...I started to make a hack for pokemon leafgreen. I made a cave in Pallet Town, and had it warp to a new map that i had created. I made the new area to get some better pokemon in the begining. I have tested the warps, but when i play the ROM in VBA, i go through the door, and the new area pops up for a second, but then the game like crashes and says "communication error. Check all connections then turn power on then off."

What does this mean, how do I fix it so the area works, and I apologize if i have posted this in the wrong area, as i am new to the forums.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 4, 2007
HELP PLEAZ

Um... Hi. I'm trying to make a hack of pokemon Fire Red, but when I open RSBAlll is says that it's an unsupported rom [and won't let my dump the files]. This also ends all my intentions to use pets to change the trainers, gym leaders, ect. Also, could anyone help me with this "POKEROMS.INI" file stuff?

P.S. I'd like to stay away from hex editors and stuff like that, cause I don't really understand the stuff, seems way to complicated.

Thnkx for anyhelp ya can give me.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Shadowsaxon123 said:
Um... Hi. I'm trying to make a hack of pokemon Fire Red, but when I open RSBAlll is says that it's an unsupported rom [and won't let my dump the files]. This also ends all my intentions to use pets to change the trainers, gym leaders, ect. Also, could anyone help me with this "POKEROMS.INI" file stuff?

P.S. I'd like to stay away from hex editors and stuff like that, cause I don't really understand the stuff, seems way to complicated.

Thnkx for anyhelp ya can give me.

Well rsBall only supports Ruby/Sapphire, so you open up a R/S rom in rsBall then click export on the trainers and the pokemon to get there images. PET should run a FR/LG rom.

Years
Is there a program that can change the pokemon pictures in a Gold ROM that is similar to UnLzGBA?
And where can I find an easy to use Hex editor for a Gold ROM?
And one last thing, how do I change the tiles in a Gold ROM?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
SceptileHero said:
Is there a program that can change the pokemon pictures in a Gold ROM that is similar to UnLzGBA?
And where can I find an easy to use Hex editor for a Gold ROM?
And one last thing, how do I change the tiles in a Gold ROM?

1. Agixp, I made a tut on how to insert, check it out in the Documents/Tutorials.

2. Thingy32 and Trans|hextion are simple to use hex editors, yet all of them are so try many out.

3. In a tile editing program like TLP and Tile Molester, you need to repoint some tiles to edit though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Dragongod165 said:
How can you change the font of text in a Gold ROM?

It is located at 0x0F82F1, in a tile editing tool, then go View Format > 1BPP.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Hmm.....How would a trainerbattle script look like, in Gold?

You don't have to do 1bpp mode. You can do it in 2bpp mode, through hex. The dude taught me how.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
cooley said:
Hmm.....How would a trainerbattle script look like, in Gold?

You don't have to do 1bpp mode. You can do it in 2bpp mode, through hex. The dude taught me how.

[5D][Trainer Group][Trainer No.][1E][03][Type of Fight][5E]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
cooley said:
Group meaning Bug catcher, youngster, etc.

Yep, a list is below.

1. Gym Leader Falkner
2. Gym Leader Whitney
3. Gym Leader Bugsy
4. Gym Leader Morty
5. Gym Leader Pryce
6. Gym Leader Jasmine
7. Gym Leader Chuck
8. Gym Leader Clair
9. Rival pic 1.
10. Prof. Oak
11. Elite Four Will
12. Hiro
13. Elite Four Bruno
14. Elite Four Karen
15. Elite Four Koga
16. Champion Lance
17. Gym Leader Brock
18. Gym Leader Misty
19. Gym Leader Lt.Surge
20. Scientist
21. Gym Leader Erika
22. Youngster
23. Schoolboy
24. Bird Keeper
25. Lass
26. Gym Leader Janine
27. Cooltrainer Male
28. Cooltrainer Female
29. Beauty
30. Pokemaniac
31. Team Rocket Male Grunt
32. Gentleman
33. Skiier Female
34. Teacher
35. Gym Leader Sabrina
36. Bug Catcher
37. Fisherman
38. Swimmer Male
39. Swimmer Female
40. Sailor
41. Super Nerd
42. Rival Pic 2
43. Guitarist
44. Hiker
45. Biker
46. Gym Leader Blaine
47. Robber
48. Firebreather
49. Juggler
50. Fighter
51. Rocket Executive Male
52. Psychic
53. Picnicker Female
54. Picnicker Male
55. Rocket Executive Female
56. Sage Male
57. Medium Female
58. Snowboarder Male
59. Pokefan Male
60. Kimino Girl
61. Twins Female
62. Pokefan Female
63. Red
64. Gym Leader Blue
65. Policeman
66. Rocket Grunt Female

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
cooley said:
Oh, that. What about names? (ex. Bugcatcher Dan).

Thanks BC, I'll ask more questions later.

Umm...I don't have a list on that, but have a look over the trainer you are doing or try a number until correct(trial and error).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back