• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokémon Heart Red - Red/Blue Remake for Nintendo DS

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
I'm looking forward to lets playing this game on my youtube channel once you can go up to the elite four! :D

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Wow! The game looks pretty neat! It is gonna be awesome to be able to replay the days of Fire Red in 3D! I really appreciate your efforts and you have made quite some progress too. I'm sure coming till here wasn't easy for the team! I'll be sure to show support for you guys!

I have question though, Will it be a complete hack of the original or will you include some new and different story events from your own side?
I would love to hear your opinion on this.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
I can think of a few reasons:
- Better music than the original FR
- Physical/special split in FR; you can get that in FR but it's not 100% reliable from what I've heard
- Better graphics for Kanto, if you care
- Potential for Johto as postgame if TriggerHappy187 decides to go that route

That and I want to actually see what hackers can do with HGSS at this point, since I'm interested in potentially hacking HeartGold in the future.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=146559

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
OMG, I always wanted to see a Gen 1 remake in DS style. Gonna start playing this hack once it gets more progress.

Chozen1

Master of Disaster
Years
This... This is why I go on this site everyday. Hacks like these are what make me play Pokemon over and over. And its not because its a remake of red (well kinda) but its because I have yet to see a DS hack get anywhere. Really hope this gets completed and I tip my hat off to you sir. Hopefully more people start DS hacking as well.

Edit: Okay I started playing and I instantly fell in love with it. Amazing job. I love the fact that it doesn't just feel like a copy paste of Firered, it has some things that are different and it makes the hack feel more like an official game. There are some very minor bugs that aren't surprising since it is like alpha.

Bugs:
Map won't show Kanto just Johto
When you receive the Town Map you get PokeGear (not really a problem, I would change Daisy's dialogue so she says she is giving you PokeGear)
The Ethan sprite shows up when I save (doesn't really matter much, just thought I would mention it)
The Battle House thing in Virdian is fine but one of the NPCs mentions the Champion of Kanto (meaning Red)
The Viridan Gym sign says stuff about caterpie instead of stuff about the gym
The old man in front of the Viridian Gym's dialogue just stops mid-sentence.
MAJOR BUG: After I get PokeBalls from Oak I still can't buy them in ANY of the Pokemarts. I can buy special Balls like quick and net but not regular Pokeballs. This kind of sucks. I don't want to spend $1000 to catch Pokemon

Overall this hack only has 2 badges so far and its already amazing. Just being able to walk around with my Bulba Fett as Red is great. 10/10

Last edited:

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
THAT WOULD BE AWSOME AFTER YOU FINISH IT!
p.s.: are you going to include a new story of johto after finishing with full Red remake? ty for great work!

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
this is going to be my favorite hack of all time when its done. played it for a couple minutes and fell in love right away. keep up the good work.

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
Years
This looks very promising. I'm hoping that this can at least be finished for the Kanto region. I'm not gonna lie in that I would like to see something new like being able to get the Johto and Hoenn starters whether it be from the quiz guy or by capture. Still, it would have been nice to see an official game of Pokemon Red in NDS so this is just as good. :pika:

Back