• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia [SU/OOC][T]

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I would say Camellia is a social butterfly, so anyone can feel free to have some sort of history/friendship with her, as long as you pass it by me, I won't have a problem.

@Retro Bug: I can totally see Ari turning Camellia into an overly happy sadist. Smiling and grinning as she makes an off handed comment about dismemberment....

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I think coming up with strategies would be a bit too much for him, if he had that he'd definitely be way to overpowered and easily a leader of a branch. He's not really to good at organising things or making up plans but in a military scale scenario if he could watch it for a bit, with his power active he could figure out what the enemies troops are doing, but for this to work he'd have to have a birds eye view of the whole area or he wouldn't really be able to. So it's more if he can't personally experience it physically he can't really figure it out so it's limited in the way

Well I wouldn't say its not instinctual but he does understand it so people wouldn't be able to manipulate him in a fight or anything like that, unless people can change their future at a whim after he see's what they will do.. Though if they talk to him they could probably confuse him enough to manipulate him as long as it doesn't seem to outrageous to him - this would be much easier if he trusted the person as well.

I hope that kinda helps a bit though I'm not to sure if it did :S
It helped a little.

It's like...if he can understand his fighting style and make choices during combat for counters, etc., then logic dictates it should extend to a wider field of physical tactics. Which would make him a combat savant of sorts.

You could just say "It's magic, I ain't gotta explain it.", of course. :P

Well, the only other Alchemist will be Shawn if he finishes his sign-up. So unless your character is A. a scholar like him or B. besties with one of the de Telarius', then Beck probably doesn't talk to you much. Unless you want him to. He can have friends. :'D
Oda is investigating The Hanged Man, and a scholar would be very helpful. Considering that they're both card-holders, she'd probably have found out about him, if that's okay?

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Xoxaa is unlikely to have much for friends given how shy she is. She's also very new to the Famiglia so on top of her social anxiety, she wouldn't have much time to befriend anyone. If anyone wanted to be her friend, she'd have to be approached by someone else. :P

Being in the sword sector, she's probably out training somewhere, sleeping, eating, or in some quiet, cozy place drawing things.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
really sorry guys but i've lost wifi for the weekend 'cos the stupid ethernet cable port snapped in the wall so it needs replacing so there'll be a small delay with the last few approvals and ic thread being posted. it's all ready to post and ive read the posts to approve on my phone, but typing out posts that long on my phone will kill me paha. sorry, hopefully it will be fixed son. D: also love the relationship talk going on above, i started thinking from the minute i read the last SU that camellia and ari would be very interestign to see as rivals of some kind due to their pesronallities.

(apologies for any horrid typing from ipod!)

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
@Khawill maybe we could talk about the possible relationship between Anebelle and Tobi. Since they seem to have equal-opposite traits

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I''d like to have Marcus have some sort of relationship with the other members of Swords.

I think Tobi and Marcus might have an interesting relationship, though that depends on how irregular and sporadic Tobi's mood shifts turn out to be.

Not sure about Xoxxa since she's relatively knew (but I really like the character, perhaps Marcus and she could develop some sort of relationship as the RP progresses).

I also think Aerous and Marcus would get along pretty well, since Marcus could respect the fact that Aerous seems to take orders well. Also, they do share a similar fighting approach, at least the focusing on the physical aspect part.

I do think that Oda and Marcus could definitely have some sort of relationship. They're around the same age, and entered La Famiglia around the same time, so they've technically also been inside it for around the same time, about 10 years or so. Could definitely see some sort of mutual respect and understanding between them. Probably even a good friendship since they share a lot in common. Probably not a rivalry since their personalities don't really fit that bill.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
@Supervegeta: I wouldn't be opposed to it, but there are a few reservations that Oda would have about Marcus. One, the mistrust that was placed on her when she first joined sword, because of her family history of dying a lot. This bred some resentment towards officers, but could be overcome for individuals.

Two, the fact that Marcus is only 29 and he already has the equivalent rank to Field Marshal, which is way faster than most examples of commanding officers in history. Combined with the fact that he has, in the past, used his power to get his private family into the Family, makes her distrust his true competence with suspicions of foul play.

Third is that he's a commanding officer who prefers to work solo, which goes against the very nature of his rank. With that knowledge, she believes he'd be far more fit to be an Adept (Or the commander of a squad of them), as opposed to commanding the entire Sword Sector.

Nothing that can't be solved, but those are the feelings she'd have based on the sign-up form on page 3.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I'm not sure all of those would be problems. Marcus didn't necessarily use his power to get them into the Family. That would seem to be taking away from the other's capabilities and talent. They all had the capability to get in. The only thing Marcus did was recommend them, basically put up their names for consideration. As for his age as the leader, I looked up this RP and found out it was based on a visual novel/anime/something like that. When I researched the previous characters who were in positions of command, a lot of them were a lot younger than this, which is why I decided to follow that norm and also make my character a younger leader. The previous Head of Sword, according to the actual thing, was only 17 or so.

And about the working solo category, Marcus does have a preference to work alone, but that isn't exactly common knowledge. As I've also written in his SU, he keeps his personal opinions out of his work, including this. I also did say that despite his preference he does work well with others in teams, and enjoys being in positions of command.

So I still think it shouldn't be too much of a problem. At the very least they'd probably be well-known acquaintances, in my opinion.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
@Ozzy: Finished the history rather abruptly, I wanted to rewrite it and make it longer and more detailed, but then that would just take more time..... ><

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Oda is investigating The Hanged Man, and a scholar would be very helpful. Considering that they're both card-holders, she'd probably have found out about him, if that's okay?
Sounds good! They both seem to enjoy study so they would have cross each other's path in some library in the Famiglia house at one point. Also, Beck is a musician as well! They seem to be alike in the fact that when they are studying or working, they like to walk around and stuff. d:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
@Skymin: Considering those similarities, perhaps they would know each other quite well.

I'm thinking a good working relationship that's built on common interest, where they share details about their hobbies and enjoy the company of another without having to involve their personal life.
I'm not sure all of those would be problems. Marcus didn't necessarily use his power to get them into the Family. That would seem to be taking away from the other's capabilities and talent. They all had the capability to get in. The only thing Marcus did was recommend them, basically put up their names for consideration. As for his age as the leader, I looked up this RP and found out it was based on a visual novel/anime/something like that. When I researched the previous characters who were in positions of command, a lot of them were a lot younger than this, which is why I decided to follow that norm and also make my character a younger leader. The previous Head of Sword, according to the actual thing, was only 17 or so.

And about the working solo category, Marcus does have a preference to work alone, but that isn't exactly common knowledge. As I've also written in his SU, he keeps his personal opinions out of his work, including this. I also did say that despite his preference he does work well with others in teams, and enjoys being in positions of command.

So I still think it shouldn't be too much of a problem. At the very least they'd probably be well-known acquaintances, in my opinion.
Regardless, recommending them seems to show favoritism, because every single one of his siblings is in the Family. Even if Marcus did do it without bias, other people in the divisions would take notice and spread rumors.

That's fair enough. I feel like it's more a fault of ridiculous expectations in the anime. :/

Gotcha.

How far would that extend? Oda likely wouldn't be around Marcus much during work, because of her rank, and their personal interests don't seem to overlap. Perhaps Oda has to file a weekly report about her activities in Sword's name, which would allow for interaction beyond formal Family dinners.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Alexander Grant is a different story since he's in her sector but she'd be tougher on him. She could care less that he's from the Grant family and insult him by acting like she doesn't even know who they are. Immediately Ari will put him to work using his Arcana Powers to make people forget that they just told important information. His Arcana Power is quite useful to her and he'll be subjected to a lot of verbal abuse if he doesn't get it right.

Since we're talking about character relationships, Alex will most probably dislike Ari a lot. Being proud and all of his Grant heritage, he wouldn't like being ordered around, or being told that one does not care if he's a Grant or not. She'll probably get him angry a lot as well, causing him to mishandle his Arcana a lot, which in turn would result to verbal abuse by Ari, which would make Alex even more angry and fail even more, and so forth. It's an endless cycle which, in my perspective, will be an interesting relationship >.< (It's funny because Ari has a contract with The Empress while Alex with The Emperor)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Since we're talking about character relationships, Alex will most probably dislike Ari a lot. Being proud and all of his Grant heritage, he wouldn't like being ordered around, or being told that one does not care if he's a Grant or not. She'll probably get him angry a lot as well, causing him to mishandle his Arcana a lot, which in turn would result to verbal abuse by Ari, which would make Alex even more angry and fail even more, and so forth. It's an endless cycle which, in my perspective, will be an interesting relationship >.< (It's funny because Ari has a contract with The Empress while Alex with The Emperor)

Ari knows of his competitive nature and will try to use that to motivate him, even if they're lies. She couldn't care less if he dislikes her or fancies her as long as he does what he's told. She'll get angry if he doesn't complete his tasks or whatever he's told to do on time. Most likely she'll even go as far as using her illusions on him that will stir his emotions even more. Despite him being a failure, in her words, she'll be protective over him not letting others in the family degrade him or anything. He's in her sector, which means that she is the only person that can deal (verbal, mental or physical) damage. Since compared to everyone else he is relatively new, maybe, just maybe she'll help him out a bit. I agree, interesting relationship indeed and I like that they have The Empress and The Emperor. Nice twist to things.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Skymin: Considering those similarities, perhaps they would know each other quite well.

I'm thinking a good working relationship that's built on common interest, where they share details about their hobbies and enjoy the company of another without having to involve their personal life.Regardless, recommending them seems to show favoritism, because every single one of his siblings is in the Family. Even if Marcus did do it without bias, other people in the divisions would take notice and spread rumors.

That's fair enough. I feel like it's more a fault of ridiculous expectations in the anime. :/

Gotcha.

How far would that extend? Oda likely wouldn't be around Marcus much during work, because of her rank, and their personal interests don't seem to overlap. Perhaps Oda has to file a weekly report about her activities in Sword's name, which would allow for interaction beyond formal Family dinners.

Every sibling is inside true, but recall only two of them made it in with his help. Flint got in another way. Still, I suppose that criticism makes sense.

Yea, I was tempted early on to make him older, but didn't feel like it would belong.

It really depends. I don't really know how big the Family actually is. By the way Alex described it, it was a pretty personal and tight organization with a lot of people being familiar with each other either at work or because they lived on the island. And 10+ years is quite a long time, so that would give plenty of time for them to know each other, even if it's only as acquaintances. I don't actually know how the rank divisions work, in terms of how often they saw each other. Again, not familiar with this beyond the RP.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
@Supervegeta: I actually know nothing of the anime, either. The wiki is fairly bare-bones, so there's not much of a place to read about it. As for rank divisions; Adept was something I made up, because I needed a unique title and thought "Adept of Swords" sounded neat. :P As described in Oda's background, it's a rank for somebody who's allowed to work in Sword's name as they personally see fit, so long as they stick to its goals.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

I'm thinking a good working relationship that's built on common interest, where they share details about their hobbies and enjoy the company of another without having to involve their personal life.
Sounds okay to me! I can see Beck being someone who's not very personal with people, but would talk about things like techniques or things he's learned with people who would be just as interested in these things as he is. <:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I''d like to have Marcus have some sort of relationship with the other members of Swords.

I think Tobi and Marcus might have an interesting relationship, though that depends on how irregular and sporadic Tobi's mood shifts turn out to be.

Tobi isnt bipolar or anything its that his mood generally changes depending on what he sees or his thinking about. If hes chatting with freinds hes naturally happy. If hes say, walking through a courtyard alone, and he would feel slightly down. If hes practicing his Arcana and isnt doing very well he'd be gravely frustrated. Etc.

Givin Marcus' age, height, and general prowess, i'd think Tobi would view Marcus as somewhat of an inspiration yet somewhat of an avuncular figure. Yet his personality would suggest that they wouldn't have much of a social relationship due to Marcus' serious and military-like personality.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Right, wi-fi is back, I'll post the IC thread now then finish off the approvals - hopefully we'll be able to get started soon! I love the relation talks going on at the moment, some of them are looking very interesting indeed. Can't wait to see them all in action :3

Flint will be very lonely in the Cave. Oh well. It means he can avoid working even more ;D

If no characters are in the lead position then an NPC will be, so you'll have them to talk to haha.

It really depends. I don't really know how big the Family actually is. By the way Alex described it, it was a pretty personal and tight organization with a lot of people being familiar with each other either at work or because they lived on the island. And 10+ years is quite a long time, so that would give plenty of time for them to know each other, even if it's only as acquaintances. I don't actually know how the rank divisions work, in terms of how often they saw each other. Again, not familiar with this beyond the RP.
Essentially the family consists of the 22 major Arcana card holders and anyone training under them or helping to run the family. The leader of a sector may not necessarily be a card holder if they're highly skilled in their position (eg any sector leaders that haven't been taken by a player will be made into NPCs) so there are a few 'normal' people in the family, but the majority consists of the main card holders making it a family of around 30-35.

@Skymin - Accepted! Thanks for making the small changes, though I'm sure the prodigy son will have a lot to live up to ;)

@CourageHound - I more just meant add the cat into your character's history like with the dog, but the sign-up is good too haha. The cat seems adorable yet terrifying but he's a-okay by me, can't wait to see how he's used in the story :)

@machomuu - Accepted! Adam seems like a very interesting character indeed and I can see his personality clashing with a lot of people; that's going to make things fun, especially with his habit of using his powers to turn people against him haha. I'm slightly curious of how depressed a four year old child can really be and if they'd even be fully aware of what's going on, but the history was very very interesting to read; once I started I actually couldn't stop reading it. He's got such great determination and reasoning to be in the family that I'm sure he'll be an amazing addition to the story and the Famiglia, just make sure the secondary power of controlling people doesn't border too close to the Death card's power whilst he's using it. :)

All spots are now full! Feel free to post sign-ups still but they won't be considered until a new place becomes available in the story. IC thread has been posted and now it's just a matter of waiting for approval - OOC thread's OP will be updated after food!

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Essentially the family consists of the 22 major Arcana card holders and anyone training under them or helping to run the family. The leader of a sector may not necessarily be a card holder if they're highly skilled in their position (eg any sector leaders that haven't been taken by a player will be made into NPCs) so there are a few 'normal' people in the family, but the majority consists of the main card holders making it a family of around 30-35.

@Lilizuki- Ok so it's even smaller than I originally thought. So given the really tight numbers spread through the different sectors, it basically solidifies that basically everyone is at the very least acquainted with each other, even most likely overlapping sectors. Oda and Marcus would probably also be working together quite a lot given the small number of people that make of Sword. I say since they don't share much in common and Marcus doesn't really have the personality for many friends, they can simply be very, very well acqainted, though Oda can have an personal opinion about Marcus that she likes. Maybe though she can be one of his few friends.

@CourageHound- Oh, I didn't necessarily mean it as him being bipolar. I just meant that Marcus kind of dislikes and abhors very 'moody' people, especially when it interferes and interrupts his work.

Also, a heads up that this week is finals week, so if the IC thread is accepted sometime this week, I most likely won't be able to post until Sunday at the earliest. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Also, a heads up that this week is finals week, so if the IC thread is accepted sometime this week, I most likely won't be able to post until Sunday at the earliest. Thanks.

Don't worry, I'm in the same position so the next story post will be around the same time. Good luck!

Back