• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sparks & Shocks - Electric Rodents Fanclub! ϟ

Years
Oh my gosh.. all these new members make me happy. <3 Welcome to the club, guys! Y'all have been added!

But yeah, Shaf, I totally adore Pikachu as well. I've used it so many times in the games yet never get tired of it at all.

Shaf

Lonely MadNooB Trainer
Years
Would you one day like to see more Pokemon like Plusle and Minun with other symbols on their cheeks and tail? We have plus and minus, but no division, multiplication, equals sign, plus others. Or would you prefer Plusle and Minun were left on their own?

I guess I would be happy if they were left on their own but I also would like to see more like them!
Reasons: See they are a pair and Chemically {XD} + and - are really attractive so there's some matter of power to Divide them! O.O So I' happy with the pair!
Why see more? They are an awesome pair so this necessity never ends!

Yea! I keep using pikachu over and over again! It's just the one you can never forget! {XD}

Last edited:

xavient

GameboyLuke
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Virgilin, you've been added! Thanks so much for joining and again, apologies for the late reply! Yeah, Plusle and Minun seem to do well alone when it comes to electric rodents with symbols, but I personally wouldn't mind seeing maybe one more. Maybe it's because of this fanart I saw on dA right here:

Spoiler:

Hey Cirno, thanks for welcoming me on my 'Introduce Yourself' thread. Told ya I'd love to join ;D
Username: xavient
Partner Rodent (choose one): Pichu... duh :3'
Answer the Topic: I'd love to see more additions, and the picture I quoted is awesome, too. I think the colours suit perfectly however, I do like Plusle and Minun as a pair. I'm on the fence about it ;o

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
Username: Shad0wChas3r *Mister Oshawott if it's easier*
Partner Rodent: Shiny Raichu
Answer to Topic: Have you ever used an electric rodent in your Pokemon game? Was it fun or challenging?
I have, in fact, I made a challenge about it:

When I started Black 2 when it first came out, I decided to pull a Pokemon Yellow kind of thing. I had prepared a Pichu, Dewott, and Serperior to trade to myself at a later point in the game.

I picked Tepig, caught a Mareep, and traded Tepig for said Pichu *Level six to match my Tepig*. Releasing the Mareep, I used Pichu as my pseudo-starter, as if I never had my Tepig. After I completed the second Gym Leader, I traded myself back the Tepig *which I trained to about the same level on my Black 1*. Following suit, I traded myself the Dewott after the fifth Gym Leader, and finally the Serperior after the Seventh.

I'll admit, the first two Gym's, even with wild Pokemon, was difficult with a Pichu. But it was all worth it in the end. It was a lot of fun, and brought me back to the uniqueness that was Pokemon Yellow, where you had to work around the fact that you didn't start with a Grass, Water, or Fire type.

For clarity, I did keep the Pichu, which eventually became a Raichu towards the end of the game.

Last edited:
Years
Welcome to the club, Oshawott! I've added you to the list! :D And you're very welcome, xavient.

Looks like we have our new electric rodent! Here's the information according to Serebii:

ScreenShot2013-08-08at10744PM_zps067217f7.png

We have an Electric/Fairy-type called Dedenne (デデンネ). It is 0.2m and 2.2kg. It is the Antenna Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or the new ability Cheek Pouches

What do you guys think?!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Dedenne reminds me of Raichu at some point (color and design-wise), and I'm curious on its new ability of Cheek Pouches. And I like its design too.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
My raichu has mixed feelings of dedenne it wants to thunderbolt it to oblivion yet wants to keep em around because of the fairy typing I hope it evolves to something cool and powerful and not he an obvious plush doll marketing scheme

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
Years
Username:
ErikaInRainbowCity

Partner Rodent:
Raichu

Would you one day like to see more Pokemon like Plusle and Minun with other symbols on their cheeks and tail? We have plus and minus, but no division, multiplication, equals sign, plus others. Or would you prefer Plusle and Minun were left on their own?
Left alone :P I'm sure they would be very cute but that would be... *sighs* too much math.. and too much complication lol

Years
  • Age 37
  • Online now
I love Dedenne and want it now. Hamsters are one of my favorite rodents, and to see the electric rodent of generation six look so much like a hamster is just perfect. (Dedenne's tail reminds me of a gerbil's, but the Pokemon is so round and tubby, reminding me of my late teddy bear hamster.) Plus, it has the new Fairy-typing, which is interesting, and I want to see what they'll do with that. And he has a black stripe down his back, which reminds me of all my dwarf hamsters I used to own.

And it has Nuzzle! <3

Even if Dedenne's not great in battle and never evolves, I still love it.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Dedenne looks like they took Raichu's coloration and tail and stuck them on a Pikachu. It's ears look a lot like Emolga's and it's antennae remind me of Wooper. It's Pikachu's clone but I love him anyway.

wafflish

Silver's biggest fan
Years
Hi nice to meet ya all! I'd love to join this club!
Username: wafflish
Partner Rodent (choose one): Raichu
Answer the Topic:

while I can't deny that would be adorable, I don't think Plusle and Minun need other symbol buddies it would just be too much

Years
Here's another image pulled from the official Pokemon X/Y site:

august_p13_01.jpg

august_p13_03.jpg

I'm really curious about its ability too, but the in-game artwork looks adorable! :) Here's some more official artwork, just click on Dedenne if it isn't already selected: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/

I love this cutie, Dedenne may look like a Raichu clone but it's adorable as heck. Nuzzle is a new move in 6th Gen and while I'm not sure what it does it does at least look really fun to use, given it's part-Fairy and while it may have bad stats like most Pikaclones, the appearance still makes up for it. And I don't we've ever had a gerbil/hamster Pokemon until now so it's definitely exciting they finally used another unused animal for a Pokemon.

And its abilities look really good too, Pickup is fun for getting free items and Cheek Pouch (new to 6th Gen) gives it a good niche with using berries. Also those whisker-like things on it seem to look like TV antennas, which could be its motif and I did see some fanart floating around depicting Dedenne with a TV.

Years
Dedenne looks like they took Raichu's coloration and tail and stuck them on a Pikachu. It's ears look a lot like Emolga's and it's antennae remind me of Wooper. It's Pikachu's clone but I love him anyway.

Yeah the colors are really similar. But when I looked at the official ingame art the orange was a bit brighter and much nicer-looking. :D Not a big fan of its official artwork image but ingame it is awww.

Hi nice to meet ya all! I'd love to join this club!
Username: wafflish
Partner Rodent (choose one): Raichu
Answer the Topic:

while I can't deny that would be adorable, I don't think Plusle and Minun need other symbol buddies it would just be too much

Welcome to the club, wafflish! And hooray for more Raichu fans!

I love this cutie, Dedenne may look like a Raichu clone but it's adorable as heck. Nuzzle is a new move in 6th Gen and while I'm not sure what it does it does at least look really fun to use, given it's part-Fairy and while it may have bad stats like most Pikaclones, the appearance still makes up for it. And I don't we've ever had a gerbil/hamster Pokemon until now so it's definitely exciting they finally used another unused animal for a Pokemon.

And its abilities look really good too, Pickup is fun for getting free items and Cheek Pouch (new to 6th Gen) gives it a good niche with using berries. Also those whisker-like things on it seem to look like TV antennas, which could be its motif and I did see some fanart floating around depicting Dedenne with a TV.

Nuzzle does sound super adorable so I'm pretty curious to see what will become of it~

Years
  • Username: Chubby Chu
  • Partner Rodent (choose one): I would like to have Pikachu, please!
  • Answer the Topic: Do you guys have any favorite fanart of electric rodents? Feel free to share/post them!
    I'm not picky when it comes to FanArt, really. Pichu90 draws some really cute stuff, though - and, sometimes, he draws them as babies, too!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Perdition Haze.
Partner Rodent: I would love to have a Pichu. (:

Do you guys have any favorite fanart of electric rodents? Feel free to share/post them!

I've seen a lot of artwork based around rodent Pokémon, and all of them looked amazing. It was impossible for me to pick one as a favorite, really! MisterDavey makes some of the cutest-looking artwork, however, and so does Pikarar (but most of you probably know about her already).

Years
Welcome to the club, guys! Everyone has been aaaadded. :)

Ashley, I actually don't recognize those names. Are they dA artists? :o

Years
Whee, welcome to the club! :D Seems like Pikachu is quite popular around here. He was the very first electric mouse I liked so in a way he's what sparkled my love for the electric rodents later down the line to begin with.

Glad to see people are warming up to Dedenne as well; I thought it looked odd in the official art but once I saw the little guy in the actual game animated it was just too cute. He'll also be one of Clemont's Pokemon in the X and Y anime series so we'll be seeing him quite a lot! I just stumbled upon the cutest fanart of it ever on Pixiv, too:

Spoiler:

Awww. If any of you guys have some favorite rodent fanart, feel free to share! :3

Years
Apparently it's already been over a week and I've been thinking about some things; may as well drop 'em off here to get everyone's input. :o

So, let's talk about Dedenne. Do you guys plan to use it on your X or Y team? It doesn't necessarily have to be a long term team member either - maybe you'd use it for a while after catching one or just carry it around occasionally. If you don't like the little guy or are not using it, do you plan to use any other electric rodents? Pikachu will likely be available as well.

Back