• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 14, 2019
also i think you should add to the guide other rare pokemons of gen 3 like seedot or surskit
MEN i had a luck stroke when i captured one
now i am struggling with surskit

Years
Hey there, really likes your ROM hack and would toke to adress some suggestions. I don't know if these changes are already presented in hack as they aren't mentioned on title page so correct me otherwise. Can you make some kind of re-match system revamp? I mean to upgrade it, for example to make re-match system easy of use (w/o actually searching for exact trainer), make more trainers to be able to re-match, allow to choose one of the sets of pokemons of each gym leader after defeating a certain 5 times (to make exp boots for new pokes more intensive) or smth like that. In addition, it would be nice to see some kind of area with random trainers to battle, but to make it random in all terms except certain level ranges maybe and w\o legendary pokemon usage(or to make extra challenging stages with them), and unlike battle towers of tents battles can be for exp and with whole allowance of item usage (like trainer encounters during storyline or smth like that). I think this changes may lift your mod to a new level in terms of battle intensiveness, but that's just MO.

Thank you for the suggestions, though some of these would require extending the save data block which would apparently remove backwards-compatibility of save files. For example, to add more trainers without changing existing trainer data instead would mean that more 'flag' triggers (whose statuses are stored in the save file) need to be accounted for. This is also the reason why I've decided against extending the PokéDex until I have the time to use the idea in a separate fork of the project.

However, the "random trainers" thing sounds doable, I'll mess around and see if I can create a battle with randomized lineups. Though, I'd have to do this later as I have my hands full for now. I also already have a plan to use the Trainer House in Sootopolis City for custom trainers who you can battle once per day.

For now, there are actually some good training locations with higher level Pokémon to battle in the currently posted update. The Sky Pillar has had its levels boosted to be like it was in R/S; Altering Cave, Navel Rock, Faraway Island and The Moon have their own special encounter lists.

also i think you should add to the guide other rare pokemons of gen 3 like seedot or surskit
MEN i had a luck stroke when i captured one
now i am struggling with surskit

I'll add them, though I've actually increased the encounter rate to 4% for Surskit too in the upcoming release. In case you are searching for it in the grass, it is only in the encounter list for water (Surfing). In order to find it in grass I think it has to be going through a 'swarm' event.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Thank you for the suggestions, though some of these would require extending the save data block which would apparently remove backwards-compatibility of save files. For example, to add more trainers without changing existing trainer data instead would mean that more 'flag' triggers (whose statuses are stored in the save file) need to be accounted for. This is also the reason why I've decided against extending the PokéDex until I have the time to use the idea in a separate fork of the project.

However, the "random trainers" thing sounds doable, I'll mess around and see if I can create a battle with randomized lineups. Though, I'd have to do this later as I have my hands full for now. I also already have a plan to use the Trainer House in Sootopolis City for custom trainers who you can battle once per day.

For now, there are actually some good training locations with higher level Pokémon to battle in the currently posted update. The Sky Pillar has had its levels boosted to be like it was in R/S; Altering Cave, Navel Rock, Faraway Island and The Moon have their own special encounter lists.

Well it would be nice if u make an extended version of ROM hack, with fans suggestions and your own ideas, but still in this mod it's essential to stay faithful to the original game and make changes w\o main storyline changes IMO (as you actually made in your mod).

Btw, to add on, it would be nice if you update move set for pokes up to FireRed/LeafGreen versions (for ex, the ability for Gengar to learn Shadow ball).
And yeah, if you're planning to add pokes from further gens you maybe want to add new moves as well, but this task looks quite more complicated then just adding extra pokes.

P.S. you may also make rematches with gym leaders monobattle style, or make it optional so player can choose if he wants to battle poke 1vs1 or 2vs2, not a great fan of duo battles but somebody may love them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 30, 2023
Hello everyone!

I am wondering if its a good idea to play this version or wait for the update..

Also when will the next update be released?

Its so far the best hack i have seen, gen1-3 only with events its amazing!
I was also wandering if you could have national dex from the start, an iv master(maxing ivs), and start with gen 1 starters
Keep up the good work Sky!!!

Last edited:
Years
Hello everyone!

I am wondering if its a good idea to play this version or wait for the update..

Also when will the next update be released?

Its so far the best hack i have seen, gen1-3 only with events its amazing!
I was also wandering if you could have national dex from the start, an iv master(maxing ivs), and start with gen 1 starters
Keep up the good work Sky!!!

Thank you! Feel free to ahead and get the current version for now, the new update will be fully compatible with your save file and is mostly just some new QoL features, customization options (with Phys/Spec split, clothing color changes and more that can also be toggled on/off), new music, bug fixes and graphical updates. Unfortunately I've had my hands full with a lot of different priorities and side-projects and it's been tough to work on this game in recent months. The hardest thing so far has been modifying the music, which thankfully I am improving at rather quickly.

The other features you mention (specifically National Dex and Gen 1 starters) are quite do-able, but the IV thing I'm not too sure of in this case. If I can get everything set up soon enough I'll look into it, both would likely be optional features though especially the starters.

I have also been taking into consideration the other features you all have been requesting, such as Fairy-type and adding the possibility of mono-battle Gym rematches (thanks for the suggestion @Alatreon). I'll also make it so Gengar can learn Shadow Ball.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
The glowing street lamps in the Day Night System and overall tile changes to this game are really aesthetically pleasing!

Is there any tutorial or help you could direct toward for putting the Lit up windows/glowing street lights Day/Night system into a hack?

Years
The glowing street lamps in the Day Night System and overall tile changes to this game are really aesthetically pleasing!

Is there any tutorial or help you could direct toward for putting the Lit up windows/glowing street lights Day/Night system into a hack?

Hi Xcisor, for the lamp animations I mainly went with this tutorial: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=260619

Additionally, to make it work I added the new tiles into the tileset I wanted them to be in. Then I created a 'setmaptile' type of script that checks the time of day and changes the default tile to the new, animated one at night hours.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I have also been taking into consideration the other features you all have been requesting, such as Fairy-type and adding the possibility of mono-battle Gym rematches (thanks for the suggestion @Alatreon). I'll also make it so Gengar can learn Shadow Ball.

Well thank ya, appreciate you actually respond to feedbacks and suggestions as well as work hard on your ROM! Mono-battle rematches feature would be interesting option but of course gym leaders\twins cannot be re-matched in mono-battle in terms of logic as they are actually twins and fight together ^^ and yeah, concerning adding new moves it's now all about Gengar, i mean there plenty of moves may be added from the Pokemon FireRed or common sense perspective. So for example Stellix lacks dragonbreath in Emerald which he actually has in Fire red and lacks steel-type moves like Iron Defense (i know he can't learn a move like Metal Claw as he has't claws at all but Iron Defense is another story, cmon only 1 steel-type move lol?)

Anyways thanks for the work you've done and I wish you more inspiration!

Years
  • Age 64
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
Nice hack but found a lot of bugs :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 64
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
Thanks, but can you elaborate on what these bugs are?

Yes but its been a week so I am forgetting things but what I did was add the phys/spec spit and patched pokemon emerald Z by absol on top of it and add full exp share for all pokes in the party it ran for awhile but when I went into the first gym town and the building under the HM Cut tutor opening the door the screen went black and game locked up or crashed and lost current save data. Also checked with a newly Patched Rom and it did the same thing. So sorry I wanted it to work was going to post the Rom and ask permission to do so by you but it didnt work out bummer. :( still thanks for making it I think advance map has residual problems when you use it...

Last edited:
Years
Yes but its been a week so I am forgetting things but what I did was add the phys/spec spit and patched pokemon emerald Z by absol on top of it and add full exp share for all pokes in the party it ran for awhile but when I went into the first gym town and the building under the HM Cut tutor opening the door the screen went black and game locked up or crashed and lost current save data. Also checked with a newly Patched Rom and it did the same thing. So sorry I wanted it to work was going to post the Rom and ask permission to do so by you but it didnt work out bummer. :( still thanks for making it I think advance map has residual problems when you use it...

That door glitch doesn't seem to be happening for me when I test it, think you could add a screenshot with an indication of which one it is exactly?
Also if you still wanted to merge it with other ROM hacks in the future, I don't mind too much but just be sure to credit all creators involved if you share it and make it clear that it is a combined hack. I'd recommend getting permission from the others as well if you haven't already.

-----

News on progress:
So just now I finished adding all of the moveset changes from FR/LG into this game (except Deoxys' forms). Here is the information I went by to do so, with a couple minor changes that won't be noticeable during normal play: http://www.psypokes.com/frlg/newmoves.php
I've also recently added a day-of-the-week dependant Safari Zone 'special event' where you get tons more time to explore as well as more Safari Balls.

Right now I am touching-up the music tracks I've been adding, which took a ridiculous amount of time to get sounding right since I'm not the best at it. Also trying to see if I can add Fairy Type (optional) soon, if anyone has a patch that would add it for me (and only that), it would be awesome and I'll give you credit. Though, if it turns out to be too time consuming I'll save it for later and just get the rest of the things done.

BTW I hear that many of the changes made to the graphics in the past aren't really great, so if anyone has suggestions on how I can improve this then feel free to criticize. I've actually changed how several things look now, including making the PkMn Centers' indoor colors blend a lot better.

Last edited:
Years
You can always use Tl's Quick Enhancer. The latest version is here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10014001#post10014001

You may need to double check if it adds an icon to the tm bag, since that's a separate icon.

Thanks, though I gave it a try and was struggling with having the game freeze and glitch out (even on an original ROM), but I think it's because there were more edits that I was supposed to do to make it work properly.
Instead, I decided it would be best if I simply did it from scratch, using the tutorial that MrDollSteak wrote, including the icon edits at the very end. Ultimately I got it working fine and have recently created a patch from it. Granted, this patch will not be actually adding newer-gen Moves at least for now because it would likely take lots of time, particulary for me to figure out how to create new Move animations (sadly I just don't have time for that these days).

Love & fully endorse this great hack. I use it in all of my Emerald playthroughs.

Thank you! That was also one of my hopes, that it would be like an 'official' sort of upgrade to the original if things went over well (which it looks like they did)!

Is this related to MwisBest's fix?

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9612100&postcount=955

edit: nevermind, I see that you mentioned about it being bugged in some way.

Yeah turns out I ran into an issue with it; unless it was meant to work with original Emerald only, considering the changes made to the ROM using "Day, Night and Seasons".

Speaking of MWisBest, he actually put together an amazing looking fix for the PRNG. This is great, especially considering that I found out that the PRNG system I used unfortunately wasn't working in this hack (wasn't HackMew's). I just implemented the third variant of MWiB's fix yesterday, which uses a combination of HackMew's fix and an upgraded timer system. It creates a 32-bit seed instead of 16-bit, and I presume this will make the game's RNG system far better now. Here's what I just implemented, which will be in the next version of CE: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9604632#post9604632

On another note, I have just finished lots of music hacking which was taking up most of my time. Just have to refine a couple more things (easy stuff) and will give you guys what you've been waiting for.

Last edited:
Back