• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] "Field Monster is not a positive integer"

Nezuko-chan

🌺Nezuko🌺
Years
Can someone help me with this? I'm new to Pokemon Essentials and I was trying to add Gen 6 and 7 into the game. I had the same error when inputting Gen 7, and replaced the Pokemon.txt file with only gen 1-6 in it, only to run into this problem again. Also, the same thing happened when adding Gen 7 items into the game, too. I don't know what it means by "positive Integer" and I don't know how to fix it.

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 2, key Compatibility

Monster,Grass

Compiler:219:in `csvPosInt!'

Compiler:2331:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2314:in `each'

Compiler:2314:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2312:in `loop'

Compiler:2390:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2296:in `each'

Compiler:2296:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2295:in `each'

Compiler:2295:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\danis\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

The attachment has gen 1-6 in it.

Attachments

• pokemon.txt
    608.4 KB · Views: 4
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I think it's saying that you've written "Monster" where it wants a positive integer, i.e. a whole number that's greater than zero (or possibly including zero, although I wouldn't describe zero as positive...)

But I haven't looked at either the code or your pokemon.txt, that's just a guess based on knowing what the terms usually mean.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Can someone help me with this? I'm new to Pokemon Essentials and I was trying to add Gen 6 and 7 into the game. I had the same error when inputting Gen 7, and replaced the Pokemon.txt file with only gen 1-6 in it, only to run into this problem again. Also, the same thing happened when adding Gen 7 items into the game, too. I don't know what it means by "positive Integer" and I don't know how to fix it.

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 2, key Compatibility

Monster,Grass

Compiler:219:in `csvPosInt!'

Compiler:2331:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2314:in `each'

Compiler:2314:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2312:in `loop'

Compiler:2390:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2296:in `each'

Compiler:2296:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2295:in `each'

Compiler:2295:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\danis\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

The attachment has gen 1-6 in it.

Which Pokémon Essentials version you use?

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Pokemon Essentials v17.

I doubt you use that version. Pokémon Essentials 17 and beyond display its version number after an error message. Also, this error message you got can't be reproduced on Pokémon Essentials 15 onwards. Have a nice day!!!

Nezuko-chan

🌺Nezuko🌺
Years
I doubt you use that version. Pokémon Essentials 17 and beyond display its version number after an error message. Also, this error message you got can't be reproduced on Pokémon Essentials 15 onwards. Have a nice day!!!

Um, I'm pretty sure I know what version I downloaded. I mean, it says it's version 17.2 every time I check the folders. And no matter what I do, I still get this error every time I try to load up the progress I made in essentials. I'm also pretty sure people have also reported problems like this before while using the same version.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Um, I'm pretty sure I know what version I downloaded. I mean, it says it's version 17.2 every time I check the folders. And no matter what I do, I still get this error every time I try to load up the progress I made in essentials. I'm also pretty sure people have also reported problems like this before while using the same version.
It appears that you must have messed up the compiler script. Please try the unmodified vanilla version of Essentials Scripts.rxdaya to see if that happens again

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
As I said on Reddit, you're using a pokemon.txt from a new version of Essentials (apparently v17.2) but you're putting it in an old version of Essentials which doesn't support words for egg groups.

If you still think you're using the latest version of Essentials, then you may have badly updated your old version to it, which is something we can't help with.

Back