The PokéCommunity Forums Off-Topic Discussions Internet & Technology
Ethernet cable advice

Internet & Technology Here's where we nerd out about the world wide web and all forms of technology!

Old June 4th, 2018 (4:05 PM).

Where to buy a good one, not a very expensive if it's possible? Would be really grateful for recommendations.
    Old June 4th, 2018 (4:30 PM).

It's quite hard to give a good recommendation when we don't have an approximate knowledge of stores around you.

In general though, most electronics shops will usually have a significant markup on items. If you can find a general surplus store, they usually have fairly good pricing on them, if they have it available.. As long as you're getting a Cat5e cable, you're doing fine, those support speeds upto 1gbps, and that's where most motherboards max out on network speeds.

And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death.

But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin.

I coveted that wind, I suppose.

Moderator of Internet & Technology - Signature Image
    Old June 12th, 2018 (12:43 AM).

Nature: Mild
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by LuckyStar View Post
      Where to buy a good one, not a very expensive if it's possible? Would be really grateful for recommendations.
      There are many shops including the online ones where there's a variety of them, which certain type do you need? I mean that such cables can be different too and knowing your specs it could be easier to give your some useful recommendations :smile:
      I recommend you simply to check Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Cables/b?ie=UTF8&node=464398 and Newegg, these ones are considered as one of the best ones for good choice of them. Also you can try special separate companies too, for example serial to ethernet is provided by such companies as Eltima Software, Target, Clas Ohlson, Tesco, PeakSystem and so on. But definetely not BestBuy and Walmart, such cables are too overpriced there.
      Also for the usual user the best type of cables is Cat-5 and don't get the one under 10 feet, it'll be very uncomfortable for you in the perspective.
      Old July 8th, 2018 (10:20 AM).