• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your ideal band

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
If you could create a band using members of already existing bands, who would be in it and why? Bonus question: What would you name it?

I'd have...

Lead Singer
Without a shadow of a doubt, it'd have to be Simon Neil from Biffy Clyro. His voice is utterly amazing and his song writing talents are incredible. He has a unique quirk of adding small inflections to certain words whilst singing which makes his vocal style very original and caused him to quickly become one of my all-time favourite singers. And the Scottish accent omg.

Lead Guitar
Matt Bellamy! His lead work in Muse creating countless unforgettable riffs and solos is world-famous for a good reason. He's an absolutely incredible guitarist capable of transitioning between any style you could think of and adding a really unique feeling to any song. Despite his guitar playing being instantly recognisable, his talent is beyond large enough to keep every song sounding unique and generally awesome.

Rhythm
Alex Turner from Arctic Monkeys is very similar to Matt Bellamy with his guitar playing in the respect of being able to make any song/project sound completely unique and yet recognisable by using the same basic style of playing, but his rhythm work far shines beyond Bellamy's with the unique patterns and transitions that he comes up with so he'd be perfectly suited as the rhythm guitarist. He'd also offer back-up singing due to his rather sexy voice. ♥

Bass
Honestly I don't know any famous bassists other than Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) and The Flea (U2), so I'll go with Pete Wentz because he's cuuute!

Drums
Had The Rev from Avenged Sevenfold not died it would definitely have been him, but in his place the only other option is Trés Cool from Greenday. This man is literally very cool, and he sure shows it with his work on the drums. He's an absolutely outstanding drummer capable of incredible drum-solos (how many other bands actually use those?) and his huge stage presence would carry the band really well. The perfect final addition for the band!

Your band can have as many/few artists/instruments as you'd like so be creative - just make sure to explain your choices! :)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Lead Singer / Lead Guitar

Stuart Braithwaite from Mogwai, absolutely! He is an amazing vocalist and his skills on the guitar are unmatched by anyone I can think of, at least off the top of my head, haha. He's also unique in the fact he encourages and uses more dynamic-style melodies in songs such as with Mogwai, and he does them so well I can't help but love it.

Bass

Tom Hamilton from Aerosmith, a choice I shouldn't even have to explain. He also has songwriting talent, as he was a co-writer for Janie's Got a Gun and Sweet Emotion, two of the best Aerosmith tracks ever produced, at least in my opinion! He's an amazing bassist, and this decision is not bias in the fact I can think of few other bassists, like Ozzy.

Drums

Ontronik Khachaturian, the original founder/drummer for System of a Down, because holy crap.

I couldn't think of much else, so that's probably it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Drums

Ontronik Khachaturian, the original founder/drummer for System of a Down, because holy crap.
Oh man, how could I forget him? The drums in Toxicity... just omg. I fan-girl so hard over that song ;; He's consistently an excellent drummer with ridiculous levels of skill and such original beats, I'm definitely swapping my answer to him.

Years
I could probally come up with a few of these, but here is one, that I feel would have a good sound and band feel, and where all existing members are still alive today.

Lead Singer: Julian Casablancas
His raspy, mellow voice is just something you don't get with too many people.

Main Guitarist/Vocals: Josh Holmes
Josh and Julian's voice go very well together, as seen before in the Queens of the Stone Age Single "Sick, Sick, Sick."

Bass/Vocals: Chris Wolstenholme
This guy is a seriously good bassist, and a very good back-up vocalist.

Drums: Neal Pert

The Band's Name

The Fix.

Years
Lead Singer
Chester Bennington (Linkin Park) - The guy is quite possibly the best vocalist alive in as much as his versatility. He can go from haunting, clear vocals to furious screaming in the blink of an eye and does both incredibly well.

Guitarist
Slash (Guns n' Roses) - The man is incredible, he can play hugely entertaining riffs that I wouldn't have thought were humanly possible otherwise. He makes it sound like the guitar is singing.

Violin (You heard me)
David Garret - This guy could easily fit into a rock group despite his choice in instrument. He can play beautiful, chilling melodies or thrilling, fast-paced rockesque music and never make a mistake.

Drums
Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Them Crooked Vultures) - I'd have mention Foo Fighters but I'm focusing only on drumming here. The man is crazy on those drums. There really isn't much else to say except that he is incredibly talented.

I considered adding a basist and a second vocalist but that would be a bit much haha!
Know idea what they'd be called though... Adrenalin sounds cool. This was actually really fun.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
This line up would make an extreme and awesome concert, I would pay over $100 (US) dollars to see them play - my dream band would compose of:

• Main Vocals Karl Sanders (Nile) - this one was tough too choose (also considered George Fisher and David Vincent), really like the death metal guttural vocals, but Karl can sing pretty fast.

• Bass Guitar Trey Azagthoth (Morbid Angel) - his solos are amazing

• Lead Guitar Marco Martell (Divine Empire) - again, love the solos

• Drums Paul Mazurkiewicz (Cannibal Corpse) - I always enjoying hearing many of Paul's drum solos

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Singer: Layne Staley from Alice in Chains, both his lyrics and voice are simple yet jarring,

Guitar: Bernard Sumner from Joy Division and New Order, distortion and Industrial owe a lot to him. Bridges the gap between metal and rock.

Drums: Ted Parsons, many bands. He can do whatever he wants as long as it's harsh music that doesn't pretend to be beautiful but manages it anyway.

Bass guitar: who cares?

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Vocals: West Village(AFTERZERO), or Rib:y(uhki). Both are really awesome at guttural vocals, especially Rib.
Guitar: Bach.(Thousand Leaves) his guitar work is So. Freaking. Sexy. listen to this if you don't believe me. His guitar work is what inspired me to play the guitar.
Drums: Teto.(Foreground Eclipse) He's also pretty good at scream vocals, but his drum work is better.
Bass: Pine Tree.(UNDEAD CORPORTAION) the reason I fell in love with Undead Corp was because of Pine Tree's bass riffs.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Vocals: Merril Garbus of tUnE-yArDs, Matt Berninger of The National and Fiona Apple of... herself, I guess. In this hypothetical band, unusual harmonies are going to be key; these three voices are really distinctive in their own way and I think they'd really blend nicely together.

Piano: The aforementioned Fiona Apple. I thought about Regina Spektor in her place, but I honestly prefer Apple's animalistic playing. If I can't have Chopin on account of him being dead and all, I'll have the next best thing!

Violin: Lucia Micarelli of Treme. Yes, the TV show. Every time I hear her play on the show, I get goosebumps. End of.

Guitar: Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac. A little bit underrated as a guiatarist in comparison to his songwriting and singing abilities, but most of Fleetwood Mac's best stuff has his guitar chops to thank for it.

Drums: Meg White of The White Stripes. Again, the animalistic nature of her drumming seems to be a great fit with the tribal themes and motif the rest of the band has going on!

Aaaaaaand the rest: The entirety of Los Campesinos! would be session musicians, as those crazy kids can play, like, 30 instruments. When I want a random trombone or flute or whatever, I'll call these guys up to provide! :D

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
It would be called Density's Baby. It would be so bad, it would actually be good.

VOCALS None other than Miley Cyrus.

GUITAR Adam Lambert.

KEYBOARD Paris Hilton.

DRUMS Lindsay Lohan.

SECOND VOCALS Chris Crocker.

GRATUITOUS RAP Nicki Minaj.

Their hit single would be called "Mary Joanna", and it would be about the "joys" of marijuana.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I wouldn't be able to think of a name.

Screamed Vocals: Hernan Hermida (All Shall Perish) Best screams ever!!!!!!!

Clean Vocals: Anette Olzon (Nightwish) Best female singer ever!!!!!!!

Guitars: Paul Waggoner (Between the Buried and Me) Guitar solos in almost every song.

Keyboards: Tuomas Seppälä (Amberian Dawn) Keyboard solos in almost every song.

Bass: John Campbell (Lamb of God)

Drums: Thomas Lejon (Andromeda) I love the Drum solo in "Veil of Illumination".

Years
This line up would make an extreme and awesome concert, I would pay over $100 (US) dollars to see them play - my dream band would compose of:

• Main Vocals Karl Sanders (Nile) - this one was tough too choose (also considered George Fisher and David Vincent), really like the death metal guttural vocals, but Karl can sing pretty fast.

• Bass Guitar Trey Azagthoth (Morbid Angel) - his solos are amazing

• Lead Guitar Marco Martell (Divine Empire) - again, love the solos

• Drums Paul Mazurkiewicz (Cannibal Corpse) - I always enjoying hearing many of Paul's drum solos

This band would be absolutely killer :D Karl is incredible haha

My band would have to be:
-Main Vocals: Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour)- Listen to Through Glass by Stone Sour then (sic) by Slipknot then you will know

-Lead Guitar: If it includes anyone (alive or dead) it would be Dimebag (Pantera) but alive it would have to be Ace Frehley (Kiss, Solo artist) simply because his solos match the songs and aren't just somebody shredding

-Rhythm Guitar: Zacky Vengance (Avenged Sevenfold) He doesn't seem to want all the limelight but if required his solos are unreal

-Bass: Flea (Red Hot Chilli Peppers)- Just have to listen to his bass

-Drums: Joey Jordison (Slipknot)- His fills and overall play....WOW) Or Chris Adler (Lamb Of God) as he is just incredible

Back