• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question about Youtube shorts

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
2 videos on my Youtube channel were put on Youtube Shorts, even though I didn't put #shorts on either of them. Both of them were uploaded before this horrible feature was introduced. I want them off of Shorts. Does anyone know if there's a way for me to take the videos off of Shorts, but still keep them on my channel, without deleting them entirely?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I think if your video is less than a minute long, it's automatically categorized as a short by Youtube. So, I sadly think the only way is probably making the video longer.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I don't like this feature either. I noticed when trying to upload a short clip of an animal.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
I notice a lot of videos on shorts tend to be in portrait orientation - are yours the same way?

Mine are oriented as squares- I made these videos for Instagram. Now that I think about it, that might be what's making them shorts, because I have another video that's less than a minute long, but it's in the standard video orientation.

EDIT: I think I have a temporary fix for the problem... I added the 2 videos into a playlist, which for whatever reason if you watch them from there, they play as regular videos and not as Shorts. It has their thumbnails on them as well.

EDIT AGAIN: sike I lied, they're still listed as Shorts. I pinned the playlist of them to my channel so at least people will be able to see them more easily though...

Last edited:
Back