• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Yes, pretty much any trainer can. In the Trainer Editor of your choice, simply have the opponents Pokemon hold the mega stone, and make sure that you have the keystone and vars 0x40EF and 0x40FF are set to 0x161, have the evolution edited in the Pokemon Editor of your choice, and are not using it during the tutorial rival battle (it works weirdly).

I tried this but ai is not using mega evolve

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
@Luke111

No, that removes the whole purpose of the CFRU. If you're not able to import the CFRU into your ROM the way it is described in its extensive manual, there is also practically zero chance that you would be able to properly make use of its features.

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
Years
kalarie im saying that my computer is old and it doesnt supports python and devkitarm so thats why

You can use MrDS's rombase.DPE+CFRU is for Windows 7 and Up.You can't customize anything if you can't install DPE and CFRU yourself.But,If you still insist,Ask the author of Pokemon Radical Red/Yet Another Fire Red hack to use their hack as base and do scripting/mapping/asm on it.

Years
I cant find BackSpriteTable FrontPaletteTable BackPaletteTable EnemyYTable PlayerYTable EnemyAltitudeTable IconSpriteTable
IconPaletteTable IconPalettes SpeciesNames TotalSpecies in DPE ini someone can help me ?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 14, 2022
Hello all, need a quick favor.
For some legacy bugfixing on a (relatively) older rom, I need v1 of Leon's Rombase. Too afraid to ask him by PM.
If anyone can send me the patch & ini privately, please do.
Thanks.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Anyone on here have issues with implementing CFRU after adding music patches? I added both Squeetz and HGSS but have NOT edited songs.h (I assume this is the root of the problem). Not sure if I should just comment out everything that's in there and add my own table 0x01--0x01xx or something else.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
In step 2 of the docs, it says "Navigate to the main folder, where you will find a very clearly marked UPS patch named DPE-CFRU ROM Base." There is no patch with this name. The only patches in the main folder are Ultimate Rom Base- Complete Package.ups and Ultimate Rom Base- No Overworld Expansion.ups. Are these what I'm supposed to patch in step 3?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 7, 2022
Can someone explain in actual proper english what the hell this base actually is? It's called "Leon's DPE+CFRU Base" but then he puts in the description "DPE and CFRU aren't included in this"

So WTF is this then?

#Luke111

Banned
Years
Can someone explain in actual proper english what the hell this base actually is? It's called "Leon's DPE+CFRU Base" but then he puts in the description "DPE and CFRU aren't included in this"

So WTF is this then?

Well here DPE and CFRU means Dynamic Pokemon Expansion and Complete Fire Red upgrade by Skeli and Ghoulslash well this rombase adds items to Dpe and CFRU because DPE and CFRU manually doesn't have items in it also if u wanted to see what is Dynamic Pokemon Expansion and Complete Fire red upgrade then see in binary rom hacking research and development u will find them there or see the links included in the post well DPE and CFRU is for advanced rom hackers and it is added with the help of python and devkitpro/devkitarm . Dpe adds all Pokemons upto generation 8 and CFRU adds new features , new battle engine, gen8 moves , dexnav etc. I hope it helps you to figure out.

#Luke111

Banned
Years
In step 2 of the docs, it says "Navigate to the main folder, where you will find a very clearly marked UPS patch named DPE-CFRU ROM Base." There is no patch with this name. The only patches in the main folder are Ultimate Rom Base- Complete Package.ups and Ultimate Rom Base- No Overworld Expansion.ups. Are these what I'm supposed to patch in step 3?

Yes the one named as complete package has everything and the one with no overworld expansion has everything except expanded overworlds hope it helps.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Ok, so I;m looking to add CFRU to a test ROM in order to get move data. In the example in the docs for Recommended Insertion Steps CFRU, only 2 lines of code is copied, yet my offset for gMoveNames is 094B286C and Z_Move_1 is 094B4E00. This is hundreds and hundreds of lines. Is this normal considering the screenshot in the example only copied 2 lines??

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Im having problems trying to fill the ini of advance sprite to add gen 8, i cant find the offsets..... someone can help me ?

Open G3T, it will ask if you want to open a .ini file, click yes. Then all (most) of the offsets for Advance Sprite will be displayed there.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
I'm having issues with Icon sprites. My regular front/back/shiny sprites all work as expected, however the palettes for my icon sprites are all distorted. I'm using the exact same icon sheet that I used for my Binary hack, and it works great over there. The palette bank is also the same (0x0) for both.

Here is the distorted icon:
tBfqSaJ.png

This is what it's supposed to look like:
Ur7ndqc.png

Edit: I was able to solve this by exporting my palettes from advance icon, and then importing the bitmap to the sprite in the DPE folder.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Hello, I just want to say that the tool I created (Move Animation Creator) could be of use to people who want to create their own move animations: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=457087

It doesn't take full advantage of the new backgrounds that CFRU adds in (will probably add in a future update), but it's still useful and very easy to create animations

Back