• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
Years
(Excuse my English) my native language is Spanish and I use google traslante
Well it happens that I have a doubt
In order to use the personalized music of the coach, it is necessary to give a value to a variable the number of the song and I did not see in the whole post that you mentioned this variable.
What is that variable?

Var 0x40FF
I have a little problem inserting the cries :( i have no problem putting the cries from ivysaur to the last alolan form but starting whit the fillers to the rest of pokemon spaces the cries are the same of bulbasaur i already repointed the bulbasaur cry but the other cries are in the same offset of bulbasaur so.. How can i fix that?
my english is´t great hope someone can understand me :(

Well, open your rom in PGE and navigate to the tab shown in the image below. Each Pokémon has a cry index, a number in a table that indicates which Pokémon each Cry belongs to. I set this table from Bulbasaur to Marowak alolan, but after Marowak alolan all slots are index 0, so you are experiencing this error. To fix it you will need to set a value for each cry in each Pokemon slot. Marowak alolan Cry index is 880, from it all other slots have index 0, just change 0 by another value from 881(remembering that 880 has marowak alolan). After configuring this, just open your rom in the cry editor and re-insert the creates. Let me know if this doesn't work, but I believe this solution will solve your problem 100%.
unknown.png

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
Var 0x40FF

Well, open your rom in PGE and navigate to the tab shown in the image below. Each Pokémon has a cry index, a number in a table that indicates which Pokémon each Cry belongs to. I set this table from Bulbasaur to Marowak alolan, but after Marowak alolan all slots are index 0, so you are experiencing this error. To fix it you will need to set a value for each cry in each Pokemon slot. Marowak alolan Cry index is 880, from it all other slots have index 0, just change 0 by another value from 881(remembering that 880 has marowak alolan). After configuring this, just open your rom in the cry editor and re-insert the creates. Let me know if this doesn't work, but I believe this solution will solve your problem 100%.
unknown.png
thank you so much! omg thats its very simple sorry to bother you xD yeah there is no more prblem with de cries :)
and have you planned to update the base with the dynamic overworld palettes? or it´s better put it by myself?

LucasLyn

Lyn
Years
Hey! I forgot to update to the 1.7 version via modexe (to fix spanish mega evolve text), and now I have updated to 1.8, and the spanish text doesn't appear to have a fix :/.
What do I do? Is it posible for you to give me the 1.7 update modexe file and I can update that way?
Thanks!

Also, I applied the Altered bag mod, and then applied the New Black Bag style, but it looks a little weird, is it supposed to look like this or have I done something wrong?
3j6EGpf.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
I have another beginner question, Its possible to add more megaevolutions and primal forms?
the issue is that i created a new mega in this case another mega venusaur so i edit the evolution of venusaur put the item and the specie to mega evolve but the new mega doesn´t work the megas and primal forms by default work properly,
How can I make the new megas and primal work?

Li Yun

Years
thank you so much! omg thats its very simple sorry to bother you xD yeah there is no more prblem with de cries :)
and have you planned to update the base with the dynamic overworld palettes? or it´s better put it by myself?

Unfortunately such a feature exists only for Fire Red. It exists for Emerald, but it's just for decomp.

Hey! I forgot to update to the 1.7 version via modexe (to fix spanish mega evolve text), and now I have updated to 1.8, and the spanish text doesn't appear to have a fix :/.
What do I do? Is it posible for you to give me the 1.7 update modexe file and I can update that way?
Thanks!
Here is the string in English(v1.8).
bandicam_2021-10-16_07-29-50-462.jpg

bandicam_2021-10-16_07-29-56-224.jpg

Also, I applied the Altered bag mod, and then applied the New Black Bag style, but it looks a little weird, is it supposed to look like this or have I done something wrong?
Spoiler:

First apply the mod [03] - Slightly altered bag, then apply the mod [10] Rework Bag Style(Black Color) or the [11]
Rework Bag Style (White Color)
I have another beginner question, Its possible to add more megaevolutions and primal forms?
the issue is that i created a new mega in this case another mega venusaur so i edit the evolution of venusaur put the item and the specie to mega evolve but the new mega doesn´t work the megas and primal forms by default work properly,
How can I make the new megas and primal work?

Yes, it's possible. You forgot to edit Mega Stone. Open G3T and go to the desired Pokémon Mega Stone.
Once there, look at the image below. There, you'll put the index of the evolved mega Pokémon in hex.
For example, the index of the Venusaur Mega Evolved is 949(decimal) and 3B5(Hex);
Set this up in mega stone and I'm sure it will work without problems.
bandicam_2021-10-16_07-34-42-538.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
Unfortunately such a feature exists only for Fire Red. It exists for Emerald, but it's just for decomp.

Here is the string in English(v1.8).
bandicam_2021-10-16_07-29-50-462.jpg

bandicam_2021-10-16_07-29-56-224.jpg

Spoiler:

First apply the mod [03] - Slightly altered bag, then apply the mod [10] Rework Bag Style(Black Color) or the [11]
Rework Bag Style (White Color)

Yes, it's possible. You forgot to edit Mega Stone. Open G3T and go to the desired Pokémon Mega Stone.
Once there, look at the image below. There, you'll put the index of the evolved mega Pokémon in hex.
For example, the index of the Venusaur Mega Evolved is 949(decimal) and 3B5(Hex);
Set this up in mega stone and I'm sure it will work without problems.
bandicam_2021-10-16_07-34-42-538.jpg
I have the same problem with the bag but is onlys the boy bag the girl bag looks perfect, i followed the instruccions to install but the boy bag dont change

Years
hey do you know how offset works? trying to ctrl g on HXD but it says "this file doesn't contain the offset *the offset*

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Rombase v1.8 does not have an INI file.
I can't open the rom with PGE.
Please update INI for v1.8

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
In the Extra Files file you will find additional files related to the base, as well as you will also find the Pokemon Emerald Liberate - Base v1.0.ini which is compatible with PGE. Just put the rom (with the patch applied) and the ini Pokemon Emerald Liberate - Base v1.0.ini in the same folder, then just open the rom with pge.

Hi, this doesn't seem to be the case. Can't find an "extras" or "Pokemon Emerald Liberate - Base v1.0.ini" anywhere.

Rom Base looks amazing btw, just hoping I can use PGE.

Li Yun

Years
I have the same problem with the bag but is onlys the boy bag the girl bag looks perfect, i followed the instruccions to install but the boy bag dont change

I'll check this out, thanks for the report.
hey do you know how offset works? trying to ctrl g on HXD but it says "this file doesn't contain the offset *the offset*

I don't get it. Could you explain it better?

Rombase v1.8 does not have an INI file.
I can't open the rom with PGE.
Please update INI for v1.8

The .ini is yes in the file attached in the post. The .ini is called test.ini. The rom and the .ini must have the same name,
for example: test.ini and test.gba.
They should also be in the same folder, so PGE will be able to correctly read all the data from the base Rom.
Hi, this doesn't seem to be the case. Can't find an "extras" or "Pokemon Emerald Liberate - Base v1.0.ini" anywhere.

Rom Base looks amazing btw, just hoping I can use PGE.

The above answer I gave to the friend will answer your question.

Years
I'll check this out, thanks for the report.

I don't get it. Could you explain it better?

The .ini is yes in the file attached in the post. The .ini is called test.ini. The rom and the .ini must have the same name,
for example: test.ini and test.gba.
They should also be in the same folder, so PGE will be able to correctly read all the data from the base Rom.

The above answer I gave to the friend will answer your question.

example:i copied an offset in Hacked Engine, and choose the create_shiny_pid offset, and then ctrl g it on hxd, but it says "this file doesn't contain the offset 0948C3E0.

Li Yun

Years
example:i copied an offset in Hacked Engine, and choose the create_shiny_pid offset, and then ctrl g it on hxd, but it says "this file doesn't contain the offset 0948C3E0.

It's because that way you did it won't work. Well, it works like this: Offset: 0948C3E0 => 148C3E0
Replace the "09" from the beginning with the number 1. After that just copy the offset, and go to the HxD.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 17, 2022
I really appreciate you creating this amazing rom base as person who hasn't been rom hacking for long it really helps as CFRU/decomp hacking is far out of reach for most including me thank you

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
I used test.ini and renamed gba like you said, even every way i know.. but it doesn't work with PGE 3.8
It only works from PGE 3.6 and below, and so if I want to fix the cry... PGE 3.6 can't..
Anyway , thank you so much..

Li Yun

Years
I used test.ini and renamed gba like you said, even every way i know.. but it doesn't work with PGE 3.8
It only works from PGE 3.6 and below, and so if I want to fix the cry... PGE 3.6 can't..
Anyway , thank you so much..

This is weird. I just downloaded the patch that is in the attached post file, as you can see in the video below.
I managed to open the base rom easily, and without problems in PGE.
And the version of PGE that I used in the video is version 3.8.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Maybe I'll try reloading PGE 3.8..
And now I have another problem is when I change the text background to black.. the icon shows when I receive the item it has a white background.. It's confusing to say but I don't know how to insert the image to the post..
It's sort of like showing items when you pick them up.. it has a white background.. i want it to be the same black as the text background.. i can't find the offset by palletview...

Li Yun

Years
Maybe I'll try reloading PGE 3.8..
And now I have another problem is when I change the text background to black.. the icon shows when I receive the item it has a white background.. It's confusing to say but I don't know how to insert the image to the post..
It's sort of like showing items when you pick them up.. it has a white background.. i want it to be the same black as the text background.. i can't find the offset by palletview...

The ASM that shows the item image in the box is set to show the white color, so this error is happening to you when you swap white for black.

Is there a way to include new and existing moves under abilities like Mega Launcher and Strong Jaw, and modify an ability (namely, Iluminate) to have a similar effect?

Yes, you can add new moves as long as you analyze how other moves have been configured. Unless the effect of the move is very complex, then it will be super difficult to insert it into the rom. As for inserting into the skills or the ability to change any existing ones, you can't do that.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
The ASM that shows the item image in the box is set to show the white color, so this error is happening to you when you swap white for black.
Can you change it to black?
Specifically "A5 14"... It's the color I use..
Or is it possible to add a choice of 2 white or black background colors to the Modexe?
Or can I fix them myself using ASM , how?
Just show me, I'll probably figure it out myself...
Thanks a lot

Back