• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Red - Easily Edit the Title Screen with HMA!

Years
Hello!
Hello! In this tutorial I am going to show you how to easily edit the title screen in Fire Red! Here's is a before/after screenshot.
Before:
I8x1cwv.png

After:
CrK6jdC.png

Prerequisites:
Editing Charizard
  1. Open up your Fire Red rom with HexManiacAdvance
  2. Go to graphics, then titlescreen, then pokemon, then tilemap (like shown in the picture)
    iQbSCoX.png
  3. Press "Export", which can be found on the top left, and save it. Any name will do.
    BSgAqjV.png
  4. Open the image up in your image editor and edit it to whatever you want (most likely another Pokemon). Generation 1-5 Sprites can be found here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=336945. Gen 6 here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314422. Gen 7-8 here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=368703. These images are smaller than charizard so you will have to crop out charizard and replace the background with the blue (also remove the background from the sprite). I chose Aegislash as you can see:
    eXr92Ck.png
  5. Go back to HexManiacAdvance, press Import, near where the Export button one, select the image, and boom! It should work! Make sure you save the rom too.
  6. Open up the rom in your favourite emulator to see your changes!
    szWRVoM.png
Editing "Pokemon Fire Red Version"
  1. Upon your rom in HexManiacAdvance again.
  2. This time, go to graphics, then titlescreen, then logo, then tilemap
    f4H5RTh.png
  3. Like you did for the Pokemon, press Export, and save the image somewhere, any name will do again. If you forgot, it is in the top left!
  4. Open up the image and edit it again. I don't know the font for Pokemon, but I believe the font for fire red version is Futura Extra Bold. I won't teach you how to outline the text, your image editing software probably has a plugin or feature for that. Make sure you don't go too far below Pokemon, otherwise it will glitch out. I put the words: Sword Edition in since the mascot is Aegislash.
    fW5iL6U.png
  5. Going back to HexManiacAdvance, import the image in again (its near the Export button if you forgot, which is in the top left). Save your rom after.
  6. Open your rom with your favourite emulator again, and enjoy!
    CrK6jdC.png
I haven't messed around with editing the background yet, but it should be the same as editing the Pokemon and the text! Hope you enjoy!

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
thank you, but i got some problems, if i export and save, the title became glitch, im using the original one

Last edited:
Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Bro Can You Do This For My Rom Hack ? i Am Having Troubles In Doing This ......

Back