• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Daily ROM Hack/Fan Game Article Submissions

bobandbill

one more time
Years

PokéCommunity Daily: ROM Hacks/Fan Games Article Submissions

Want to feature a game you like (or even make) beyond this forum section? What about sharing your tips on using a tool, or worldbuilding? We've set up this thread for you to get involved and showcase such things on PokéCommunity Daily.

Guidelines
Any fangame or ROM Hack, or related aspect to that, can be written about on PC Daily. You are allowed to write about a game or tool that you have created. That said, all articles must be distinct from the thread made by the original creater. We do not want to merely copy and paste what is already used - instead, something substantially different needs to be offered. This can be an interview, a summary of a playthrough, a review of the game (by someone else), a guide on how to get through the game or some tips about playing it, detailed notes on development, and so forth. Make it something interesting to read for others! We'll also consider listicles (e.g. Top 5 PMD fan games and ROM hacks), according to one writer or via community vote. We also won't have consecutive articles on the same subject, to ensure some variety. Multiple articles on a single game is fine - just not all at once.

To pitch an article, please post in this thread, with a brief summary on the article idea, who will write it, and anticipated length, alongside any other details. As with most Daily articles, two Daily staffers (or one Daily staffer and one RH/FG staffer) needs to approve the idea via a post or like on the pitch post. After writing the draft, the article then needs to be proofread by two Daily staffers before being published. Optionally we can also create a Daily account for you to use and draft within our WordPress site. We can also help with any or all aspects of putting the article on Daily, if you want to draft it somewhere else such as Google Docs.

Want to be interviewed about your work for an article? Make a request and we'll arrange something.

Examples of previous Daily RH/FG articles

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I don't understand how any of the posts in this thread relate to the subject matter, but regardless, I'm developing a hack, Pokemon FireRed Redux: Open World, and I'd like to give my opinion on the current download, the current progress, and the plans for the hack. I'd also consider making a strategy section of the article. (Is that a thorough enough explanation, or do I need to include more info?)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I don't understand how any of the posts in this thread relate to the subject matter, but regardless, I'm developing a hack, Pokemon FireRed Redux: Open World, and I'd like to give my opinion on the current download, the current progress, and the plans for the hack. I'd also consider making a strategy section of the article. (Is that a thorough enough explanation, or do I need to include more info?)
Correct, they weren't relevant.

That sounds good to me, and you've already seen how things on Daily works (but we'll need to make a new account). Firstly, could you give a bit more detail on the strategy section you might do for the article? How much detail would you include if you write that, and focusing on what aspects?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
The game is very open-ended, but there are some obvious things you'll be able to do from the start like obtain an Eeevee, a Water Stone, and Surf immediately. So I'll follow that route. I'll do a playthrough with what I feel like is the ideal team based on the circumstances, and then I'll explain why I feel like that's what should be the standard.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Sorry for the late response, but I'm finally at a point where I'm happy with the hack and ready to do this. I'll contact you via Discord for article writing permissions.

Back