• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Recently got back into this after almost a decade. Wondering what order to proceed if using CFRU.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2022
Hello and thanks for checking this thread!

I started a simple hack of FireRed years back and was interested in expanding on it and thought id check out what's new and oh boy have things come a long way! The CFRU looks like it will allow me to achieve much more with my lack of computer and code knowledge. I have a backup of my ROM from before I edited anything major, it simply has the completed map work done, and edited trainer encounters, as well as altered/new text boxes and scripted events (all stuff done via AMap 1.92)

With my desire to add gen 4+ pokemon and then edit encounters to be more challenging with the moves, abilities, and items that are built into CFRU. Would my best order of operations be to add the DPE, then CFRU, and then use that copy of the rom with AMap and ATrainer to edit my encounters/wild pokemon data?

I plan to keep digging tonight but am just slightly overwhelmed by how much their is to look into and want to make sure I dont waste too much time doing things that will break compatibility or require me to re-do the work later xD

Any other useful tips or anything would be appreciated as well!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I think generally the accepted best practice is to apply the CFRU last.

But honestly it's not a big deal. If you're using the DPE as well it can make it tough to test since a lot of the changes in DPE are dependent upon stuff in the CFRU.

Definitely worth using both though in my exp. Just save a backup and have a play around.
My hack is pretty fakemon reliant and even then is super useful. So I totally recommend having a go

Back