• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • A reminder that our new forum software has 2FA! It can be accessed by clicking your username and then "Password and security" from the menu. We strongly suggest not reusing passwords for your online accounts and enabling 2FA if possible.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Script: Advanced Pokédex

curryofthepast

Were they a fool, a sage or a lonely friend?
Years
Thank you FL, you're amazing. Testing the modifications now. Will edit post when I have everything worked out and tested.
EDIT: Mostly everything seems flawless. Everything good in debug terminal after compiling. I'm very thankful because I know we were asking for a lot. For some reason I can't get subpages to change on caught Pokemon when pressing A or C, default settings. The input code is the same as regular advanced dex so no idea what's up with that though. When I was using the old combination, I could still change pages.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
Thank you FL, you're amazing. Testing the modifications now. Will edit post when I have everything worked out and tested.
EDIT: Mostly everything seems flawless. Everything good in debug terminal after compiling. I'm very thankful because I know we were asking for a lot. For some reason I can't get subpages to change on caught Pokemon when pressing A or C, default settings. The input code is the same as regular advanced dex so no idea what's up with that though. When I was using the old combination, I could still change pages.
Here is working (and I also tested on vanilla). The only part that I didn't mentioned was the page code change should be done in BW Pokedex Entry.rb. I edited to include this, but I didn't think that this is the issue.

Test on a vanilla Essentials (with the latest BW Pokedex).

Years
FL, i've found the problem. Your script works fine. The issue was the lines that we must add in the pokedex entry script to add the advance dex pages. Instead of doing this in the script of essentials dex entry, i did that in the pokedex BW plugin (pokedex entry) and now it works. Thx for your help anyway.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
FL, i've found the problem. Your script works fine. The issue was the lines that we must add in the pokedex entry script to add the advance dex pages. Instead of doing this in the script of essentials dex entry, i did that in the pokedex BW plugin (pokedex entry) and now it works. Thx for your help anyway.
Oh, good. I didn't imagine that this was the reason of your issue, since this change only makes ADV inacessible, not the misplaced sprites, sprites not loaded and the crash that you reported.

Chain

Pokemon Fan
Years
gif.gif
screen.png
screen2.png
screen3.png
screen4.png
screen5.png

When a switch is ON, it displays at pokédex the pokémon PBS data for a caught pokémon like: base exp, egg steps to hatch, abilities, wild hold item, evolution, the moves that pokémon can learn by level/breeding/TM/TR/HM/tutor, among others.

Link

Tested on Essentials v19.1. More versions on link. If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please inform on this thread.

Thanks Richard PT for the graphics!

Hi! I would like to implement this in my fangame, but I am working on a 16.2 base (It is a Spanish base)
And I can't get it to work. Also, I can't find the parameter "@page = 3 if @page>3" to change for "@page=@maxPage if @page>@maxPage"
It's probably due to the version, ¿any ideas what I can do, or any old version of the Script?
Anyway, thank you very much for creating this, it looks very useful.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
Hi! I would like to implement this in my fangame, but I am working on a 16.2 base (It is a Spanish base)
And I can't get it to work. Also, I can't find the parameter "@page = 3 if @page>3" to change for "@page=@maxPage if @page>@maxPage"
It's probably due to the version, ¿any ideas what I can do, or any old version of the Script?
Anyway, thank you very much for creating this, it looks very useful.
I found a v13-v16.2 version here. Added on a branch

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Hi, by any chance do you have plans to upgrade this script to V.20?
Thank you very much for sharing your work.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
Hi, by any chance do you have plans to upgrade this script to V.20?
Thank you very much for sharing your work.
Only recently people told me that this script isn't working on v20. I gonna update it probably this month or in the next one.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
This Script is incompatible with 'v20.1'. I plan to use this for my open-world project.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I am using v20.1 and I cannot open the Adv tab despite the two lines in the instructions of '@page = 3 if @page > 3' are replaced and the script is installed.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
I am using v20.1 and I cannot open the Adv tab despite the two lines in the instructions of '@page = 3 if @page > 3' are replaced and the script is installed.
Did you turn the switch 70 as ON?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Yes, all of what is in the instructions. I perhaps forgotten that I have ZUD installed, if that is much of a problem. Is this script compatible with ZUD?

They are compatible, maybe you are using another pluging that clashes with the changes?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
They are compatible, maybe you are using another pluging that clashes with the changes?

If there is a plugin like Enhanced UI that might clash, then I will tell you. Otherwise, there really is not a plugin that would affect scrolling of the Pokedex entry menus.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
If there is a plugin like Enhanced UI that might clash, then I will tell you. Otherwise, there really is not a plugin that would affect scrolling of the Pokedex entry menus.
If there is a script who override Pokédex page browsing, you need to make the '@page = 3 if @page > 3' edit (or something similar) on this script.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
If there is a script who override Pokédex page browsing, you need to make the '@page = 3 if @page > 3' edit (or something similar) on this script.

There is no outside plugin script that is currently affecting the Pokedex pages in my game

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
There is no outside plugin script that is currently affecting the Pokedex pages in my game
People are using this script without issues (as I know) at v20.1. If you try to install on a fresh Essentials, it works? If so, there is some change that you (or a plugin) did.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 31, 2023
Hello, i'm new to essentials and wanted to use the AdvancedDex Plugin. I read the Installation Instructions, but idk what "put above main" means exactly. Can someone tell me what that means in dummy language? xDD Or post a screenshot how it should look like?

Back