• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concept: Wanting to work as a Sandbox Hatching Game for a first project with Essentials. Does this exist ?

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Heyah o/

For almost 13 years, I've been a fan of fan games about hatching eggs, I love the idea, the fact it's simple and addictive. For some years now, I've in mind to work on mine in another support that could be more viable in the long term run. Something to avoid issues with server costs etc.

And today, I've an idea : Working on this with Pokémon Essentials. I don't have any huge knowledge on it (just some basic concepts), and I've thought it could be a nice fun way to learn and work on something in the long run. I'll might need some help, but that's part of the game. I really want to try and have this goal to be done in the end.

In my head, it'd be something really simple, without any story etc, really something sandboxing.

I just bought RPG Maker XP to go for that way.

I've a few questions however :

• Could it be an interesting project for people ?
  • Is it really possible ? Like the concept of having just the idea of hatching eggs ?
  • Does a game like this already exists with Essentials ?

Thanks a lot o/ ! I'll take any feedback, tips etc <3

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Hello, and welcome! To answer your question, I have recently seen a Pokémon fan game where Eggs are the focal point. It's making the round not here, but on another Pokémon fan game forum. However, by the looks of it, that one isn't a sandbox game. If that's what you're worried about, you're in the clear.

Regardless, I think it would be interesting to see your take on such a game, even if it's "already been done." We don't have enough fan games focused on eggs and breeding, or anything not battle-focused for that matter. Best of luck with your project!

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Thanks a lot for your answer ! Mind poiting me out on the right direction for the game ? Just curious haha. Well my question was more that if there's one already, then I should not work on that since my work will be most likely less good than what's around.

I've to admit I love this kind of games. I searched here for something like that for Pokemon RPG Maker, but except Pokémon Daycare (which is CLOSE to what i've in mind map wise etc) I couldn't find anything :(

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Thanks a lot for your answer ! Mind poiting me out on the right direction for the game ? Just curious haha. Well my question was more that if there's one already, then I should not work on that since my work will be most likely less good than what's around.

I've to admit I love this kind of games. I searched here for something like that for Pokemon RPG Maker, but except Pokémon Daycare (which is CLOSE to what i've in mind map wise etc) I couldn't find anything :(

It's called Pokemon Shell, and it's not hosted here but on the Relic Castle forums (unless, of course, it has already made its way here and I haven't found out). And as I said, don't worry about it possibly not being as good. Chances are you'll be making something entirely different from the two games we mentioned here, so go wild! Show us what you've got in mind, and we'll help you improve it!

Back