• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Sapphire Save File (HELP)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 13, 2022
Hi everyone!

I hope you all can help. I was replaying my old GBA copy of pokemon sapphire on my original SP and while I was saving my progress my SP died and deleted the game/save file. I was saving the game just before starting the elite four at the end of the game. This save file probably had over 70 hrs of gameplay. I haven't played the game since this happened, worried that I would definitely lose the save file for sure.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this save file issue can be fixed or if I am out of luck. Any tips/advice welcomed!

Thank you!!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
One of the save checksums is invalid. Your only hope is to dump the save file and post it here for manual fixing with a hex editor.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 13, 2022
I really appreciate that advice. As a newbie is there a youtube video or forum on here that would walk me through the process of taking my GBA and the sapphire game and uploading it here?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 13, 2022
One of the save checksums is invalid. Your only hope is to dump the save file and post it here for manual fixing with a hex editor.

I really appreciate that advice. As a newbie is there a youtube video or forum on here that would walk me through the process of taking my GBA and the sapphire game and uploading it here?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday

/r/Gameboy on Reddit can best help you. They keep up with the tech when it comes to dumping cartridges.

Back