• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Info: ☆ RP Badges ☆

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

You've probably seen badges around the forums. Small shiny icons displayed in the flair next to the statistics. They're cute, colourful and they show the effort you've put in within this wonderful community! It's certainly something to flaunt and there are many different kinds that you can earn!

X4A2tEV.jpg

The Roleplay sections have their own trifecta of badges, each with the usual three tiers: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Bronze will of course be easiest to earn, while Gold are tricky and elusive- but definitely achievable with time and dedication!

Our system of earning badges is a little different from most areas of PokéCommunity. We the mods have decided that you all should be able to reward each other with badges, and we are just the distributors- our badges are all about appreciation of your fellow roleplayers as you journey through worlds and take on challenges together!

☆ Badge Overview

Brilliant Actor
This member has achieved fame as an amazing roleplayer!

Bronze: The user received 1 nomination for their writing in any 1 roleplay.
Silver: The user received 5 nominations for their writing in 5 different roleplays.
Gold: The user received 10 nominations for their writing in 10 different roleplays.

Master of Imagination
This member is an amazing roleplay game master!

Bronze: The GM received 3 nominations over 1+ RP(s).
Silver: The GM received 5 nominations for 3+ RPs.
Gold: The GM received 7 nominations for 5+ RPs.

Master of Insanity
A roleplayer who managed to finish roleplays. Is this even possible?

Bronze: The player has been part of 1 RP that has been completed.
Silver: The player has been part of 2 RPs that has been completed.
Gold: The player has been part of 3 RPs that have been completed.

Learn more about how to add badges to your flairs here.

☆ Nominations

The intent behind this nomination system is to foster community and appreciation for fellow roleplayers, and to that end you are all invited to post your nominations in this thread! All you have to do is use the following format:
I nominate User for Badge in Roleplay.
That's really it! You may add any other reasons or comments you wish- pointing to a particular post that you appreciated, or thanking someone for their help, or whatever! You may also nominate privately if you wish to remain anonymous- in that case, please send a PM in this format to any of the RPT moderators, with the title "Anonymous Nomination". The moderator will then post your nomination in this thread on your behalf.

We ask that you take into account the following guidelines when nominating:

✧ One nomination per post.
✧ One post per user per day.
✧ Any user may nominate another for Brilliant Actor.
✧ Only mods and players in the RP in question may nominate a GM or co-GM for Master of Imagination.
✧ Co-GMs are eligible to be nominated for Master of Imagination, but only if they are listed as official co-GMs in the OP of a roleplay's IC or OOC thread.
✧ Players are encouraged to nominate their GMs only after the roleplay has gained significant traction, but no nominations will be dismissed.
Brilliant Actor nominations for RPs that have finished or have been inactive for over two years are accepted from any user.
Master of Imagination nominations for RPs that have finished or have been inactive for over two years are accepted from users that were a part of said RP when it was active.​

☆ Distribution

Alright, so there's a little bit going on on the back end of these nominations. What we want you to do is just submit nominations for anyone that you think deserves them! Don't worry about how many they've gotten already, or if they've been nominated for a particular RP before, or what badge tier they're on. That's for us to deal with. We just want you to show each other appreciation! We have a spreadsheet to keep track of who nominated who and for what, so just spread the love whenever you think of it! But also, we mods are humans with lives, so if you think we've missed giving someone a badge, upgrade, or celebration, feel free to DM/PM gimmepie, Aquacorde or Sapphire Rose. :)

☆ Celebrations

Look, an achievement deserves a public celebration, not just a private message! We want to make it clear that you all are appreciated, that your contributions are valued! Everybody should know that you did something of note and merit! And while we can't shout it out to the world on PC's Twitter or in the Discord announcements (or can we? HMMM), we can definitely give you a little party right here in this thread! Feel free to congratulate your fellow roleplayers in this thread whenever you see a post that looks like this:

☆ Thanks for roleplaying on PC and helping us spread the love! ☆

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hi everyone!

The intent behind the structure of the RPT badges is to foster community, and allow you to reward each other for your contributions to roleplays. However, if everything happens behind closed curtains- ie, through PM or DM to moderators- we kind of lose the sense of achievement that comes with earning nominations and badges. To this end, we will be making some changes to the method of nominations, as well as clarifying who can be nominated and when.

First of all, rather than sending your nominations directly to moderators, you all are invited to post your nominations directly in this thread. All you have to do is use the following format:
I nominate User for Badge in Roleplay.

That's really it! You may add any other reasons or comments you wish- pointing to a particular post that you appreciated, or thanking someone for their help, or whatever! The only thing we ask is that you only nominate one person per post in this thread, and only post once per day. That may seem like a strange restriction, especially as we begin this process of nominations with all the backlog that comes with it. But it'll be alright! Just stick with it!

You may also still nominate privately if you wish to remain anonymous- in that case, please send a PM in this format to any of the RPT moderators, with the title "Anonymous Nomination". The moderator will post your nomination in this thread on your behalf.

Second, on the moderators' roles. We have taken it upon ourselves to be another few sets of eyes, and have given ourselves permission to nominate for both of the badges if we see fit, even if we are not part of the roleplays that we are nominating people for. It's just a little bonus to move things along. :) We also are tracking the nominations in our own spreadsheet in order to make sure certain criteria are met for badges to be given. So don't worry about if someone else has already nominated the user you're thinking of! Just go ahead and post your appreciation, and we'll do the numbers work.

Third, some clarifications on the Master of Imagination badge. Any number of players may nominate a GM for the same roleplay. Don't be shy! Please nominate your GMs, even if others have done so before you! Celebrate and uplift their efforts! I'm sure it will make them happy. Players are also welcome to nominate their roleplay's co-GMs, as long as those co-GMs are verified by being listed in the IC and/or OOC OP.

Fourth, due to the above, co-GMs are definitely allowed to nominate for Brilliant Actor!

Fifth, on the topic of retroactive nomination. I know we have a fair few active members who were part of brilliant roleplays in days past! So for anyone that has been a part of a roleplay they really loved- you are allowed to nominate the GM for Master of Imagination. You may also nominate other players for Brilliant Actor, even if you weren't the GM. However, this only applies to roleplays that have been finished/dead/inactive for over two years (counting from their last IC post).

And finally: every time one of you earns a badge or a badge upgrade, the RPT moderators will post a little celebration announcement in this thread. Because we're happy for you! And you're obviously so good at what you do that everyone should know!

Questions can also be posted in this thread and we will clarify as we go~ I'll be editing the OP here in time but I just wanted to get this out there!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I nominate Aquacorde for Master of Imagination in Hoenn: Square One

give our GMs some love :fufu:

edit: ok in my haste I did all my nominations in one post but I will be back for riki and gp later <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I nominate Aquacorde for Master of Imagination in Hoenn: Square One

give our GMs some love :fufu:

edit: ok in my haste I did all my nominations in one post but I will be back for riki and gp later <3
you're the sweetest. i think both me and gimmepie, old selfish rp mods as we've been since forever, both already have the badges due to whatever old criteria we thought was suitable lmao. so save your nominations for the newer, definitely deserving GMs and players <33

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I nominate Eleanor for Brilliant Actor in Trainers.

Spoiler:

Years
I nominate Foxrally for Brilliant Actor in Spear.

Because Simon. He's just such a lovable dumbass and I need more of him.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Time to try to bump Aquacorde to a silvery Brilliant Actor! Nominating her in Trainers.

Years
It's a new day for me, so I can do a new nom, wheeeee.

I nominate Shak for Brilliant Actor in Spear.
Ruben is an interesting and complex character and I'm really curious to see how his story plays out.

Sapphire Rose

Years

Zkpv8Ux.png

CONGRTATULATIONS
YOU EARNED A BADGE

Foxrally earned the Bronze Brilliant Actor Badge!!
Jay earned the Bronze Master of Imagination Badge!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sapphire Rose

Years
Changes to the rules were made!

What is the biggest change? Roleplayers can also be nominated for the brilliant actor badge by others who are not in the same RP. Why did we change those rules? Aquacorde, Gimmepie and I have noticed that it's very possibly to really enjoy characters in roleplays you have not yourself joined but are reading!

Happy nominating everyone <3

Sapphire Rose

Years

Zkpv8Ux.png

CONGRTATULATIONS
YOU EARNED A BADGE

Foxrally earned the Silver Master of Insanity Badge!!
Stinging Bea earned the Silver Master of Insanity Badge!!
Aeternum earned the Silver Master of Insanity Badge!!
Ice earned the Silver Master of Insanity Badge!!
Quest earned the Silver Master of Insanity Badge!!
Shak earned the Silver Master of Insanity Badge!
Geras earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!!
Khawill earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!
SkyIsUmbreon earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!
Gimmepie earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!!
Fen-Fen earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!
StingrayP226 earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!
ShinyDiamond earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!
Jay earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!
Sephear earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!
Winter earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!
Kitty earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!
Grey Bidoof earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!
Ozymandias earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!
Groc earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!
Orx of Twinleaf earned the Bronze Master of Insanity Badge!

Last edited:
Back