• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Paldea Region (Discussion)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys! As we know, the new games have been announced and we got about a split second view of the west side of the map.

My question is, where do you think the region is or at least based on?

Originally, I thought it was California and still could be. But now seeing the map and IRL map, I am almost certain it is Portugal and Spain, that being said, it could also have Kalos connections.

I know we always want it, but maybe, just maybe. We will get Kalos post game as well, especially if they are right next to each other. Especially since Kalos got shafted, they could fix that.

New Region:
Spoiler:

Portugal, Spain and France:
Spoiler:

Along with this, what else would you all like to see in this region? What do you think has been done in the past, but can be done better?

What do you hope not to see in this region?

If this is Spain and Portugal, what landmarks do you want to see Pokemonified?

Spoiler:

The name of the Region is Paldea.

Last edited:
Years
Based on the names of the starters (Sprigatito, Fuecoco and Quaxly) I want to say it's probably either Italy or Spain inspired? I'm still processing all of this, including wishlists and things I'd like them to avoid, but would be very happy with either. <3

Years
It's Spain for me. In the trailer there's a pretty clear view of a palace resembling The Sacrada Familia. Even names sound more Spanish than Italian. Also, that would be pretty much just Southern Italy style. So, I m pretty sure it's not Italy. I have also seen a Tweet where it was shown that in the trailer there was a map of Spain.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Slightly titled it's not Australia buuut the opportunity for Kalos post game??? I am a big fan!

Fwiw - I would say yeah Spain would make sense. Honestly I'm just cool with a new region!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
From the official SV site!

Various towns blend seamlessly into the wilderness with no borders. You'll be able to see the Pokémon of this region in the skies, in the seas, in the forests, on the streets—all over! You'll be able to experience the true joy of the Pokémon series—battling against wild Pokémon in order to catch them—now in an open-world game that players of any age can enjoy.​

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 27, 2022
I completely agree that this is based on spain and/or portugal. The tall building shown in the clip is very remeniscent of the sagrada famillia! and the house the protagonist is shown walking up to has arcitecture similar to that of spain, with the arched windows and doors with the smooth exterior. 😄

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I completely agree that this is based on spain and/or portugal. The tall building shown in the clip is very remeniscent of the sagrada famillia! and the house the protagonist is shown walking up to has arcitecture similar to that of spain, with the arched windows and doors with the smooth exterior. ??????

We also got a Spanish Speaking NPC back in Sun and Moon, so I also think this proves Spain. I know it is similar to the French speakers in Unova. I was surprised when we got Galar over a Spain based region.

I am glad people are pointing out the architect more. That is what I was hoping people would point out because I know nothing about Spain, so I had nothing to go on, but the shape of the region.

Edit: I have added another image of the new region as seen in the trailer.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I mean, this *is* Spain (and, well, Portugal right by our side).

6SK6aOk.png

Which, looking at the in-game map, Lisbon seems to be confirmed as a location (although in a real map you'd find Faro there, but hey, it's not 1:1). There is another dot close-ish to Sevilla? And the one at the centre I guess could be Madrid, although it's more where you'd find my mum's native town, Cáceres. Still, I'm 100% expecting a rainy town in the north, a Barcelona look-alike, the Almería desert, something by the Mediterranean coast (Valencia?) and maybe the Balearic/Canary Islands (DLC?).

nO6JyJy.png

This, for instance, reminds me a lot of Toledo.

uAFQ4VB.jpg

And this gives me a vibe of the Plaza de España in Sevilla.

rdBfqxk.png

pexels-reinhard-bruckner-4605666-scaled-e1624009933259.jpg

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Thank you for posting all these images. I wasn't sure what to look for. This seems to confirm, 100% that this is indeed a Spain and Portugal Region.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I wanted to add this to this discussion because I just discovered it.... but in an interview, Masuda stated "Redwood" as a keyword similar to "Flowers" before Alola. This was an obvious hint because he was out right asked. This is why California came up....

However, Spain ALSO has the Giant Sequoia Trees which I had no idea. This now makes complete since why he used "Redwood"

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yoooooo this is by far going to be the sickest region we've seen, imo. Spain is such an awesome place to base a Pokémon game off of!

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
I didn't expect them to do two European regions in a row, but do not think for one second that I am not pleased. European regions are at the very top of my list! (although I'd really like to see Scandinavia or Greece).

Moreover, it being open-world is great! =D

You all, don't be over here talking about Kalos. There's no way it's going to be a post-game. Don't make me dream like that. Because I would like so much to see Kalos remade in full 3D instead of the stunted 2.5D treatment it got in X/Y.

Years
Lets just hope they scale the open world to what level your Pokemon are, but yeah even the starters names are based on Spanish words so obviously the region will be based on Spain/Portugal.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I didn't expect them to do two European regions in a row, but do not think for one second that I am not pleased. European regions are at the very top of my list! (although I'd really like to see Scandinavia or Greece).

Moreover, it being open-world is great! =D

You all, don't be over here talking about Kalos. There's no way it's going to be a post-game. Don't make me dream like that. Because I would like so much to see Kalos remade in full 3D instead of the stunted 2.5D treatment it got in X/Y.

I don't want to get my hopes up because we have wanted it for so long. However, I will say we could also get South France as part of the region since it was omitted from Kalos. It could also have connections with the train and where Looker went during Kalos. Not to mention everything shown has covered up the northeast of the map.

We've only seen the South and West, so we don't yet know exactly how big this region is. There is also a fast speed train network that connects France and Spain.

Hopefully we will get a map early on to kill the theory or not. Similar to how the circle of types already got rid of speculation of a new type that always happens at the start of a new Pokemon Generation. While I don't want to get my hopes up, this will be the first time since Johto and Kanto where we have had a Pokemon Region that will possibly be right next to a past region.

I also hope we get a name soon. I don't remember when Galar was announced as the name.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So on the Kalos post game front that we've brought up a bit here: IF it happens - how would you like to see them implement it? Like, as something we know about before release, a surprise upon playing or something DLC-based?

Also in terms of in game story as well too. Like maybe the professors being close friends and once you save this region from whatever horror it is then you save Kalos from a Lydandre resurchange? Or maybe the professor just gives you a ticket to a cruise and you discover afterwards? There's so many potential options and I think with the fact that it is a three year cycle it could just mean the extra region is added North as DLC maybe 6 months later. It could be as basic as Kanto in GSC but Kalos has honestly been forgotten. A throw back to that in this region would be amazing.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys. Because they have failed to give us a trailer and new info. A lot of stuff is leaking. While stuff may not be true and some fake stuff could be mixed in, I figured I would at least share this.

This is the map of the Spain Region. In my opinion it does not give major spoilers and should have already been released. Again, this is only the map.

While this is a possible leak and could still be fake, I really don't see a reason why it would be faked. And even if it is, this should still give us an idea of what the region is like. This is the only leak I will outright post.

Spoiler:

That being said, if real, this confirms that it is next to Kalos and that northeast part of the map would be 'South Kalos' that was missing all those years ago. This is likely going to be DLC. Given the suggestion about it, one of the leakers liked the idea.

This does not mean Mega Evolution has to return. We know there is a universe without mega evolution. So this game could be in one of those regions where mega evolution does not exist.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
Hey guys. Because they have failed to give us a trailer and new info. A lot of stuff is leaking. While stuff may not be true and some fake stuff could be mixed in, I figured I would at least share this.

This is the map of the Spain Region. In my opinion it does not give major spoilers and should have already been released. Again, this is only the map.

While this is a possible leak and could still be fake, I really don't see a reason why it would be faked. And even if it is, this should still give us an idea of what the region is like. This is the only leak I will outright post.

Spoiler:

That being said, if real, this confirms that it is next to Kalos and that northeast part of the map would be 'South Kalos' that was missing all those years ago. This is likely going to be DLC. Given the suggestion about it, one of the leakers liked the idea.

This does not mean Mega Evolution has to return. We know there is a universe without mega evolution. So this game could be in one of those regions where mega evolution does not exist.

This map is fake. Therefore, this post is not a spoiler. When you do a reverse image search, it takes you to a website that highlights fanmade regions. Apparently, this is a fake map of the "Eleris" region. Also, it looks too much like a photoshopped version of the Galar map, which should have been a red flag.
https://elerisregion.wixsite.com/elerisregionofficial

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
This map is fake. Therefore, this post is not a spoiler. When you do a reverse image search, it takes you to a website that highlights fanmade regions. Apparently, this is a fake map of the "Eleris" region. Also, it looks too much like a photoshopped version of the Galar map, which should have been a red flag.
https://elerisregion.wixsite.com/elerisregionofficial

You are correct. The leaker said 'SV Map' alike. So it must be at least similar, but not an exact copy... similar to the legendaries that were leakers a few months ago before the game trailer came out that were almost identical to the legends but not the same. It is like someone used the basis of what they knew the create fanmade stuff.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
You are correct. The leaker said 'SV Map' alike. So it must be at least similar, but not an exact copy... similar to the legendaries that were leakers a few months ago before the game trailer came out that were almost identical to the legends but not the same. It is like someone used the basis of what they knew the create fanmade stuff.

This fanmade map of "Eleris" has existed long before Pokémon Scarlet and Violet was announced. Thus, the leaker that you're referring to is simply trolling. It's one of the main reason that I don't care for leaks.

Back