• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Remaking Fire Red inside Emerald

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 9, 2020
Hello! I've messed around a little with mapping a few years ago but never got into anything serious.

I went back to play my copy of Leaf Green I realized I missed a lot of mechanics from Gen II like the RTC, berries and some of the Gen III stuff like the Battle Frontier and moving sprites.

I'm wondering how difficult it would be to recreate the plot and mechanics/gameplay of Fire Red inside of Emerald and any major obstacles.

I should mention that I'm willing to learn. Coding if I have to. I felt like this project is good because it will give me experience with everything I need to make a mod. The creativity/balance that I'll need for introducing different Pokemon at night and Berry plot placement will be more manageable for a beginner since ill be making minor additions to an already established game.

Thank you for reading and any advice is welcome.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
I don't think it would be all that's difficult, or at least any more difficult than any other project. It's an interesting idea, but what would be the purpose other than adding berries and the battle frontier?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 9, 2020
I don't think it would be all that's difficult, or at least any more difficult than any other project. It's an interesting idea, but what would be the purpose other than adding berries and the battle frontier?

Secret bases. It also appears some people have put the Sevii islands into Emerald... I think I'll get around to doing this eventually.

I'm going to start with FR and once I've learned a bit more I'll think about larger projects.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
Lol as coincidence would have it, I am hacking Ruby right now. I am trying to put the entire Kanto region into Ruby. I should be finishing up three island tonight if you're curious and want to see it. When / if I finish it, I could even let you use it as a base rom if you want

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 9, 2020
I'm going to want to go with Emerald when I do it but I am curious because I want to see how you put the sevii isles into Ruby

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
Years
Here are some difficulties I anticipate if you want to continue your hack, if you are kind of perfectionist:

Spoiler:

Back